Quantcast Soarin Mania...it's getting a tad to crazy!!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting note:
    We were at Disneyland's CA, home of the original Soarin' Over California, on July 4 (this year).

Amazingly enough, at 12 noon, on July 4, the wait time posted was less than 35 minutes for Soarin' Over California!!!

Not sure if it's because Disney's CA Park isn't very popular, or the ride itself is no longer a big deal out there. For basis of comparison, TOT in DCA's wait (same day/time) was zero minutes - a walk on ride...

So if you don't want to wait in line, head over to Anaheim!!!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Soarin' is the best attraction in Epcot and arguably the most incredible experience in any of the four theme parks. I rode Soarin' for the first time in 2006 and could not believe the sensation, beauty and wonder of the ride.

Though the thrill rides and dark rides are fascinating and special, Soarin' is unique. Realize Future World does not offer many major attractions. Because of all negative attention surrounding Mission: SPACE, Test Track and Soarin' are the two experiences guests know and flock toward.

Test Track, albeit rather tame, is not for everybody. Small children cannot ride. As others in this thread have said, Soarin' is for everybody. Entire families can ride together, making Soarin' a perfect theme park attraction.

The wait will remain long for years. Arrive early and use FASTPASS. I understand seeing such long queues can be frustrating, but those lines exist only because of the thrill and majesty of the attraction.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    An interesting note:
    We were at Disneyland's CA, home of the original Soarin' Over California, on July 4 (this year).

Amazingly enough, at 12 noon, on July 4, the wait time posted was less than 35 minutes for Soarin' Over California!!!

Not sure if it's because Disney's CA Park isn't very popular, or the ride itself is no longer a big deal out there. For basis of comparison, TOT in DCA's wait (same day/time) was zero minutes - a walk on ride...

So if you don't want to wait in line, head over to Anaheim!!!

That must have been some strange fluke. We go to DL at least 3 times a year (usually off-season) and Soarin' is always a minimum 1 hour wait - usually 1 1/2 hours plus. We always use a fast pass. I guess we should have gone on July 4th!

Post Thanks / Like

usually when we go, the most time for the wait was about 45 minutes at the most and then there were some times where there was only about a ten minute wait. (no i won't tell when we go) anyways, no ride is really that bad when we go.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

I can take or leave Soarin' it's beautiful and all but it's not worth a long long wait for me. We'll sometimes do FP and sometimes we'll skip it.

The slow loading and incredible popularity will pretty much ensure long lines are there to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

In the spirit of Yogi Berra, no one goes on that ride anymore, the lines are too long.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely don't think Soarin' merits anything longer than a 20-30 minute wait. My last trip (spring break) I was not able to ride at all. And yet I lived to tell about it!

The only GOOD thing about these mania attractions is that it frees up other areas of the parks!

Let them have their Soarin'...I'll take the rest!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Soarin is worth even a 30 minute wait. I mean, its cool in its mechanics, but its not that significantly different from your average IMAX experience. Its good for families who have little kids, etc., but for us, it was FAR more hype than anything. The ride was extremely short for the wait time, but of course, compared to the other available options at EPCOT, its a great ride. I think the main reason its so popular is just that its one of only a few really "thrill-type" things in the Futureworld side.
    ºoº...E. M....ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Count me among the many who would not wait more than 45 mintues for Soarin'. I like this attraction well enough, but I think it has limited repeat ride value with just one film. That said, I HAVE ridden it at least 5X, but never without FP.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

Soarin is nice, but I wouldn't consider it a "must see". For some reason there are some rides that I have a "been there done that" attitude about and some that I can't get enough of. The "been there" ones we will go to but if there is a long line we'll keep on going. Soarin is definitely a "been there" attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

I will NOT wait more than 30 minutes for any ride, unless I am forced by the fact that I am leaving (our last day) and I haven't had a chance to ride yet. I FP everything I can. And when someone goes flying by me running to get in before the rest of the crowd, I loudly yell, "Excuse me for being in the way of your running to get on first."
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4littleboys View Post
    That must have been some strange fluke. We go to DL at least 3 times a year (usually off-season) and Soarin' is always a minimum 1 hour wait - usually 1 1/2 hours plus. We always use a fast pass. I guess we should have gone on July 4th!
    Over the past two years, we've spent about 20 days in the Disneyland Parks - all of that time in the month of July. The longest wait time we've ever seen is 60 minutes for Soarin' Over California - we always attributed it to DCA being an unpopular spot! (Now DLP and Nemo, that's another story! )
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    In the spirit of Yogi Berra, no one goes on that ride anymore, the lines are too long.
    "And it pays you money which is just like cash". I love the commercial he is in for Aflac insurance. The duck walking out shaking his head cracks me up!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    It can't accomodate many people that I think is a big part of the problem. A few weeks ago the wait times were 70-90 minutes. My sister has never been on it and they were out of FP's when we got there. We ended up waiting 75 minutes. Had she not been there I would have skipped it.
    Actually, my dad and I figured out that it can accomodate quite a few people... about 198 at a time, actually (there are 11 seats to a row, and three rows to a section, thus, 33 ppl/section. There are three sections in each concourse, making 99 ppl/ concourse, and there are two concourses, making it 198 on the ride at any given moment)

the thing that takes so long, I believe, is loading the ride. They have to separate the people into two concourses, then in to sections and rows. Then they have to wait for everyone to get on, get their bags/hats/etc into the compartments underneath, buckle their seatbelts. Then the cast members have to come around to check seat belts and make sure that small children have the seatbelt through the loop. The ride itself is short: it's the loading and unloading that takes forever!
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

...And it's not even that good of a ride!

Come on, go on Star Tours and get the same effect.
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We got so lucky with this ride! When we walked up to get in line, I believe there was like a 45 minute standby time. The return time for FP was like 3 hours or so. Crazy! But, we did one of the games that play on the wall while you are standing there, and once that was over, we walked all the way down to where they were lining people up for the next ride. They were looking for a family of three. We were probably 15 people or so back from the front, but we were the first family of three that they came to! We didn't wait more than 20 minutes to ride. That being said, we all loved the ride, however I can't imagine waiting in line for more than 45 minutes. I did want to say, we went back the next day and were going to ride again, but we didn't get there until around 2:30. The return time on FP then was at 6:30. So, we went back to POP and went swimming instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedDad View Post
    All I can say is that there is no ride worth waiting an hour for. I remember when the Lion King ride first opened at MK. This was before Fast Pass. The lines for that ride were 4-6 hours long.
    What Lion King ride at MK?

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's crazy. On our last trip even with fastpasses we waited in line for more than a half hour. The ride is great though and worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised to see in early July that the trivia boards are no longer up. That was one of the things that helped to pass the time while waiting in line... now there are just photos.

Does any one know why they took down the trivia questions?
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I was surprised to see in early July that the trivia boards are no longer up. That was one of the things that helped to pass the time while waiting in line... now there are just photos.

Does any one know why they took down the trivia questions?
    Hmm I know they installed the new interactive waiting in line games. Basically it's kinda like the Wii where you use your hands. I think there about 4, or 5 games in all. There preatty fun to! I remember while waiting in line the games broke down so they used the photos...So that's proabley the reason
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: