Quantcast The Living Sea's? Or the Sea's with Nemo and Friends?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which Pavillion do you prefer?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sea's with Nemo and Friends pavillion

21 65.63%
  • The Living Sea's pavillion

11 34.38%
  • I don't really care for either of these 2 pavillions

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

Question The Living Sea's? Or the Sea's with Nemo and Friends?

As you may know the Living Sea's pavillion was transformed into the Sea's with Nemo and Friends pavillion. So compared to the Living Sea's and the Sea's with Nemo and Friends which pavillion do you prefer? Personally 0I love the tranformation to Nemo! Before in the Living Sea's very few people where there, and I mean VERY. When they took out the Sea cabs and the movie it was basically just another aquarium.

But now the pavillion has hundreds of people there. The pavillion is always full and is preatty eductaional to. It has two wonderful attractions in Sea's with Nemo and friends, and Turtle Talk with Crush. So in your opinion which pavillion did you like more?
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It honestly depends upon which Living Seas you're referring to. If you mean the shell of a pavilion it had become in recent years, the new Nemo theming is WAY better. A huge upgrade hands down. However, if you mean the Living Seas as it was in the 80s when it first opened, I loved Sea Base Alpha, the diving demonstrations, the sea cabs, and everything else. Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.
    Great answer.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I only started going to DW in the last 6 years or so. So I love the new themed version of it. And what they did to the outside of it.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it better when it had the ride and Sea Base Alpha. Nemo is better than what they had later on, though.
    1995-ASSp, 2000-offsite, 2001-ASMo, 2002-WL, 2003-ASmo-POR-Poly, 2004-Pop, 2005-CS,Pop,CBR, 2006-WL,Pop, 2007-POR, 2008-Ctp

Beam me up, Scotty!

Post Thanks / Like

While I certainly agree that the Nemo and Friends upgrade is a vast improvement, I still fondly remember some of the trips to Seabase Alpha. I think that the current leadership of Disney has forgotten that learning can be fun without being washed down to the level of a 2 year old.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Trying to steal the blueprints for the JII rehab!
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's not like the WHOLE pavillion is not Educatonal because there are parts where you learn quite a bit. But even when they had the sea cabs and the movie I remeber as a kid that I always asked my parents to skip it because it was SOOOO boring (at least to me it was). But now it seems there's new life to a pavillion that was basically dead.
    "From the sparks, a fire will be woken. A light from the darkness shall spring. Renewed shall be ride that was broken. The Dreamfinder again shall be king!"

Post Thanks / Like

Long live the hydrolators and the "The Seas" movie!!! I don't dislike the current Nemo theme but I do prefer the original Sea Base Alpha iteration of the pavilion. It more closely followed EPCOT's original educational theme. It is nice to see that the line for Turtle Talk that used to block the center of the main floor has been replaced with a much improved non-line waiting area. BTW, has anybody else noticed how the number of fish in the main aquarium has been grealty reduced over the last several years? Also, a lot of the remaining fish seem to have suffered from some kind of skin rot. Does anybody here know what happened to the fish?
    Long live Horizons, World of Motion and all the other old attractions that are no longer with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back and have to say Nemo without question....mostly because it was one of the highlights of my dd4's trip. After trying 3 times, Crush finally picked on her to ask a question. She asked what his favorite Wish was, he answered "clown fish" (thinking she said Fish) and then asked her what her favorite Fish was....with Wishes on her mind, she answered Tinker Bell and then elaborated that Tinker Bell would fly out of the castle window and then drive her rocket ship into outerspace. The conversation went back and forth with the audeince in stitches and then Crush finally moved on to another child. At the end of the talk time, Crush, as always, encouraged the children to use the word DUDE for the rest of the day to make their parents happy and then informed everyone that if Tinker Bell was missing during the fireworks, not to worry, she was just taking her rocket ship into outerspace.
    Becky talked about this non-stop for days!
    Lauren

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a professional biologist and I avoided the old living seas. It didn't have the pop need to hold everyones interest. I like science and I love aquariums, but this one just lacked something. Disney has once again succeeded in fixing a broken attraction with quality edu-tainment.
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    It honestly depends upon which Living Seas you're referring to. If you mean the shell of a pavilion it had become in recent years, the new Nemo theming is WAY better. A huge upgrade hands down. However, if you mean the Living Seas as it was in the 80s when it first opened, I loved Sea Base Alpha, the diving demonstrations, the sea cabs, and everything else. Like everything else in Epcot, I preferred it when the focus was on education and dreaming of what life could be as opposed to just rides like what most of Epcot has become.
    Quote Originally Posted by animalkingdomguy View Post
    I'm a professional biologist and I avoided the old living seas. It didn't have the pop need to hold everyones interest. I like science and I love aquariums, but this one just lacked something. Disney has once again succeeded in fixing a broken attraction with quality edu-tainment.
    I don't think I could have said it better than you two.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

Old School Living Seas...without a doubt.

However...now, I am a mommy and we both love Nemo and whenever we go to Disney, that is the first thing that she asks about when we get there... So I know she loves it. They have definitely made EPCOT much more kid friendly than the days when I was in school and we went on school trips.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Since my first visit to WDW was only 3 years ago and can't compare it to the original.

I loved the new theming! Probably had something to do with my children's reaction to it!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: