Quantcast Cooking With Intercot (July 2007) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with Boma's breakfast drink, Frunch.

1 (8 ounce) can frozen lemon juice
    1 (8 ounce) can frozen pineapple juice
    1 (8 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
    12 ounces mango juice
    6 ounces grenadine

Dilute the frozen juice according to package directions. Mix everything together.

For the life of me I can't understand why the recipe says "Lemon Juice". I've always used lemonade. That much lemon juice would make it un-drinkable.

Mango juice is often found in the Mexican section of the grocery store. I use Goya brand that comes in a 12 ounce can.

I suppose if you wanted it bubbly, you could substitute club soda or lemon-lime soda for the water to dilute the juices.
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Martha Stewart has a great recipe for a sparkling citrus punch! http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/...c=taxonomylist

wow....that link is long!

Have a great party!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Simple punch

A good simple punch idea is white grape juice and sprite. At the school I work at this was done for a baby shower. It was a one to one ratio. Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the enchilada's Di!

I used to work at a Banquet Hall and this was our secret punch recipe.

I jug of Orange or Grapefruit Juice
    1 2 litre bottle of Sprite or Gingerale

Ice and sliced citrus fruit.

It was always a hit.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite punch is OJ, Cranberry and 7up. I don't have any set recipe. I mix 64 oz of OJ enough cranberry to where its turned the OJ a dark gold, about 1/2 bottle and a 2 liter bottle of Sprite or 7up. It's not too fruity and sweet and goes fast.
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Hey- anyone got a Cabbage Roll recipe? My grandma used to make them and I have a vague idea of what goes in them and all but not enough of an idea to try to make them.. I've checked the web but none seem to match. The version she made used sauerkraut as the 'sauce'/topping...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cedar Plank Grilling

I'm going to grill Salmon on a cedar plank tonight, never done it before-any tips?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar plank grilling is pretty easy (also works with a number of other woods including maple, apple or cherry).

First step is to make sure that you allow enough time for your cedar plank to soak- a bare minimum of at least an hour. I'll usually take something heavy to weigh down the cedar planks as they are soaking to ensure they're submerged.

You can slightly warm up the soaking liquid if you're short on time and you can always try to mix in things like fruit juices or even a little white wine to your soaking liquid to help impart some flavor.

When you're ready to grill- I make sure i'm working with a preheated grill and then lightly pat dry off the plank and throw it on the grill for about 3-4 minutes. I'm looking for when it just starts to smoke and then I turn the plank over and place the fish on top (when placing the salmon I'll put it skin side down). Once you place the fish it's simple- you don't have to flip the fish during cooking.

The temperature of your grill will in turn affect how much smoke you'll get from the cedar plank and thus how much flavor is imparted to the fish. It's pretty simple in that all you have to watch out for is the cedar plank outright burning but once you set it and depending on how thick your cut of salmon is, it should be done in about 15-20 minutes and I look for an internal temperature of the fish to be between 130-135 degrees- just as it starts to turn a bit opaque and flakes with a fork.

You can experiment with a lot of different ingredients to use as a glaze- usually a combination of things like mustard and a sweet component (either honey or brown sugar) works well or you can try other things besides salmon like black cod, sea bass or scallops in which case i'll prepare a sake, mirin and miso glaze which works nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for the plank advice! It turned out great. I do think we were hampered slightly by the fact that the grill burner was going bad, fixed that by buying a new grill this weekend for my bday! Now to buy a Nascar cover for it!

Btw, I fixed some turkey last night, for anyone who is afraid of turkey holler and I'll give you some foolproof tips!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas for some cool side dishes? I'm having my dd's bday party on Sunday and am planning hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, pasta salad... Any other cool ideas - it will be 90+ on Sunday.
    Thanks!
    Sept 2007 - POR
    Sept/Oct 2009 - POR
    Sept/Oct 2011 - POR
    Sept 2015 - POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: