Quantcast Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 7

Cast of characters:
    Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
    DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
    DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 7
    Thursday, July 5th.
    Our last full day… I can not believe it! The days seem to be flying by. We really are relaxing, and still finding a way to get a nice mix of rides and play time in.

Terri had a friend joining us tonight and we were hoping to include him at dinner at Coral Reef. So, I go up early and called dining to see if we could add one more person and this is the response I got… “I’m sorry but our records show you cancelled coral reef.” WHAT???? WHEN???? She said the records showed that I made a reservation for Cape May in January (yep, so far she is right). Then, in March I called and made a reservation on the same night for Coral Reef (right again… we were changing reservations since everyone wanted Coral Reef). Then, according to the CM, I immediately cancelled Coral Reef. Ummm, no, I think the CM cancelled the wrong one. I was transferred to a supervisor who said that Coral Reef was booked for the night and there was nothing they could do. After a lengthy discussion she promised to call Coral Reef and talk to the manager to see if there was any thing he could do and promised to call me back in 15 minutes.

Taylor and I went to meet Terri about 10 am. We were off for a morning of shopping. She took us to a few places where we could do a little sale shopping… we saved so much! I won’t even mention how much we spent… just remember, it is what we saved that counts. By the time we left the first 2 places, I was in pain…. Bad pain. We made 1 more stop so Terri could show Taylor the university and I stayed in the car. I made the mistake of thinking I could walk for a few hours and I was paying for it. While I was sitting there I decided to call to check on our dining… since that 15 minute call never came. I called the first time and sat on hold for 18 minutes before being disconnected….. Then I called back. This time I got to another supervisor who could see that someone was in my reservation about 10 times today but that I was still showing no dinner at Coral Reef. She asked my to hold on so she could talk to the other supervisor that was handling it… and CLICK… we got disconnected. That call wasted only 19 more minutes. By now I was furious and decided that we would just go talk to concierge when we got to SSR. Terri and Taylor were done playing and shopping so we headed to SSR for some much needed medication and to chill out for a while.

About 5 minutes after we got back to the room I got a call from the first supervisor I spoke with that morning. She said she forgot to call me back… gee thanks. Anyway, she said dinner was all set. We had no reservation but that our name was at the podium. I don’t know about you, but that worries me…

Terri and Taylor decided to go to Pop because they still had tickets from the arcade from our trip in February and Terri wanted to show Taylor that she had to “Be the green light”. So, they headed out to play. After I took my meds I was feeling a little better so Bobby and I went to MK. We knew how crowded it was going to be, but we wanted a salad and bowl of chowder from Columbia Harbor House. MK was crazy busy! We did see Mickey’s Philharmagic again, ride Peter Pan and see It’s a Small World. Other than that, we just walked around one last time and took in the sights. I could sit on Main Street all day.

Terri called to say that her friend Denny was at SSR with her and Taylor so we headed back. I was still hoping to get a nap in before heading to Epcot but that was not to be. When we got to the room we all started talking and the time just flew by. We decided to head to Coral Reef just incase we got there and did not really have a reservation… then we would have to go on a search for food. We were very happy to find a reservation for us when we arrived. We were seated very quickly and our waitress came right over to talk our order. We got a mixture of appetizers and passed them around. Then we ordered the main course. Taylor picked this restaurant because they had the best prime rid of any place she has ever been. Guess what is no longer on the menu? Yep, prime rib. Taylor and I got the New York strip, Bobby a fish… and I can not remember what Terri and Denny got. My steak was cooked weird, the left side was over cooked and the right side was perfect…. But the whole thing was tough. They did not bring streak knives for a while and I could not cut mine with the butter knife, no matter how hard I sawed. I finally got a better knife but was not enjoying it at all so I just stopped eating, everyone else said their food was okay… but, since it was Terri and Denny’s first time there, it really left a bad impression. We ordered our desserts and even those were not good. How do you mess up Crème Brule? It was not caramelized and tasted like plain old pudding. I guess Coral Reef is off of our must dos….

Terri and Denny decided to call it a night but we still had a couple of rides we wanted to do before leaving, Soarin’ and Test Track. So, here is the plan… go ride Soarin while the fireworks are going on and the line is short, the Test Track and get back to SSR early so we can pack and get up for our breakfast at Boma.

Soooo… we head over to Soarin and the line is very short thanks to the fireworks. After the ride we go over to Test Track. I really did not want to ride, but my DD was begging me… So, I agreed. Well, I was in the EVC and you have to park it on one side and when you get off the ride it is waiting for you. When we got off the ride, I got on the scooter and we headed down the ramp to look at the photos. Bobby noticed that my cane was gone off the back of the scooter…. Then noticed that the battery pack had been ripped off the back of the seat and the bag was torn apart. We went back up and everyone played clueless. They called the manager and he talked to a couple of people and finally found out what happened. He said they have to put the chair in a lift to bring it upstairs and across. The lift does not have doors, so they must have pushed it too far back. When the chair lifted up, the cane and back pack got caught on the 2nd floor and ripped off. (Kinda like what would happen if you put your arm out of an elevator door and let it go up a floor) The manager said we had to do a security report and calls security. I call AA Scooter and tell them what happened. They were very nice, they just told me to get the info and they would get Disney to fix the scooter. Well, we waited 40 minutes for a security guard that told us that there was nothing he could do. He said that if he wrote a report he was not allowed to share any of the info with the scooter company, that it would go in his private notes and to the company and that they will not share security notes with anyone. What??? He then told me that we had to go to guest relations to get them to fix the problem. You know, I have never seen a Disney employee mad, but that night I did. The manager’s face turned bright red… he looked like he was going to explode. He was fussing with the security guy saying that he could have saved us a lot of time and sent us to Guest Relations himself. He was mad that everyone’s time was wasted and very apologetic. I was starting to get upset because I was getting tired but I kept my cool. We headed out to Guest Relations…. We get there and the girl at the counter does not know what to do. So, she goes in the back to talk to someone. A while later she comes out with another person who tells us that they have to call security to do a report…. Now I am about ready to cry. It was after 11pm and we have been dealing with this for over an hour and a half. A female security person came in this time and I explained what we just went through. She called someone and then handed me a card. She explained that every report of this nature gets a report number (the card had that number), when they scooter company called and gave that number; they could get all of the info they needed. Gosh, that was easy… I soon figured out that she was some kind of supervisor. She waited about 10 minutes for the security person she called then just wrote the report herself. Finally, at about midnight, we were able to head back to SSR. What a night….
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh that's just terrible what you had to go through! Your last night in the world, too, what a shame! I hope your last morning leaves a better taste in your mouth, I would be so mad if that happened to us!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What an awful ordeal to need to go through at the end of your trip! Did you ever get your cane back or was it broken?

What a frustrating day this was! First, with your dinner reservatin mixup, followed by a not-good meal, and ending with the scooter mishap!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

i am sooo sorry you had to end your last night in disney like you did...first with the whole no ADR thing..then dinner not being what you thought it was gonna be then the whole EVC thing..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    What an awful ordeal to need to go through at the end of your trip! Did you ever get your cane back or was it broken?
    Yes, I got it back and it was okay.
    You know the weird thing is that even though it was all stressfull and I was ready to cry at one point, none of us let it ruin our night. Once we got on the bus and to the room it was never even brought up again. That is the Magic of Disney!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry your day ended up so poorly, from dinner to your EVC problems. Coral Reef used to be one of my top 5 resturants. I'm not sure if I'm going to try for ADR's there on my next visit, I've read a number of negitive reports. Thanks for your report.
    Next up - January '14 - WL

March '13 - POR; May '12 - AKL; Oct. '12 - GF; Feb '11 - SSR; Oct '10 - BC; Feb '09 - Poly; Feb '08 - WL; Feb '06 - POR; April '04 - ASM; Nov '02 - POR; Jan '00 - CSR; Feb '98 - POR; Oct '96 - CBR; Sept '94 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Coral Reef is not bad all the time. I am going for the first time in September. I have wanted to eat there since the full house episode. And so sorry about your scooter, did you get anything out of it. Did they give you fast passes or anything to compensate you for your time?
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

StitchLuvr Guest

Yikes....sorry for the bad ending....I hope in the end it was all fixed!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about your ordeal with an uneducated CM. Too bad he didn't just take you to this supervisor in the first place.

I guess I'm glad we cancelled Coral Reef. We did Turf club at SSR instead. Great food.

Glad you got your can back too. Hope things going home are better.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry you had such a tough ending to your day. Thank god you finally got someone who knew what she was talking about!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing!
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Rough last day! Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a rough end of the day.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had such a rough day!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

The day sure started out with promise - shopping and a trip to MK!

It's a shame that you had to spend so much time repairing your ADR, and then the dinner was not what you expected. We've never eaten at Coral Reef, but we've certainly had similar dining experiences in the past. What a major bummer.

With regard to the ECV, I'm so sorry you had to deal with any of it in the first place. And that no one could tell you how to handle (except go in an endless circle, chasing your tail). There really has to be a better accounting for issues such as this - without wasting your whole evening. I hope this is the only mis-hap and you have no problems with AA Scooter from this whole incident!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I had the mahi mahi and Denny got the pasta. Both were good (of course I got to eat some of Denny's! ) but I had been looking forward to this night since March. I don't know....the company was absolutely fantastic, watching the fisheys was fun but I left feeling pretty much let down. That's sad.

Oh yeah. Taylor....I tried my best with her, but she just can't seem to grasp the concept of being the green light.
    I remain the Champ!
    Carpe Diem!
    **WDW too many times to count since 1971!!**
    *Contemporary*All Star Movies, Music, Sports*Caribbean Beach*Pop Century*Wilderness Lodge*Polynesian*Port Orleans French Quarter*Beach Club*Grand Floridian*Animal Kingdom Lodge*Saratoga Springs*Yacht Club*Old Key West*Swan and Dolphin*

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I really need to hear the green light story one day...............

Bobby had fish huh............ did any of the fish swimming by look worried?????????

Oh boy..................

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

pogo Guest

I don't know what to say....... what a day to forget !

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Angel, first Coral Reef and then your scooter. We are eating at Coral Reef for the first time, hopefully it will be a little better than your experience.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Those fish had eyes, right?

So what happened finally with the ECV? Did it even work without the battery pack? Did the company replace it?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: