Quantcast Civility Here - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Civility Here

Post Thanks / Like

now this is just IMHO, but on a different board they had moderators getting on to people, pming them whatever, for just putting one or two words in all capital letters. does this make any sense.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree this is a great board, even for disagreements. I'm a member on another board and when you disagree with someone who seems to be in "their group" they just get downright nasty towards you. I only post on certain areas of that board but I read some of those nasty posts in this one area. They get pretty bad. So very nice to have Intercot to come to. Especially for important issues.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree!This is the best board!

Why should we argue!? We all have at least 1 thing in common, our love of disney! I think mostly everyone on this board realizes that someones opinion is exactly that, an opinion, and yours might be different. But, that doesn't mean either one is wrong or right.
    Last edited by mickey&missy; 06-30-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling :(
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I think Intercot really reflects the Disney philosophy. It has a little bit of escapism to it -- when I'm on this board I rarely think about my other problems, just like at WDW. After our New England meet, I can safely say that our members are just as nice in person! And now I can't wait to see how great everyone is at the Oct. gathering!

Cheers, all. To the nicest place on the internet!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Ummmmmm - being big, blue and hairy I'm sure you realize when you enter another site you're subject to the Decontamination Chamber upon reentering INTERCOT.

"2319!!! We have a 2319!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    You're both wrong.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say unfortunately that I've being seeing a little more over-the-top sarcarsm or mean-spirited posts on Intercot lately, BUT I think the reason that they stand out to me so much is the fact that it is so rare to find that type of post here. I registered for about 3 boards when I was looking to plan my first WDW trip without my parents. It took me a few months to work up courage to post a few times here, and even after then I didn't post again for almost another year. I haven't posted on any other boards because they are just so nasty sometimes. Here on Intercot you see the same topics again and again and people are still willing to answer them with the same enthusiasm as they did the first time around, or else gently direct you to a previous thread, rather than lambaste you for daring to repeat a question.
    OK I guess I'm done now.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the memories, I haven't heard "lambaste" in years.

Anyway, I agree that this is THE BEST place on the internet. I can't imagine a day without Intercot.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Fortunately, Intercot was the first, Disney-Fan site that I found. I have since found a number of other sites, thankfully I took the time to review and read some of the posts. Downright nasty at times, just mean at other times.
    I have only joined one other discussion forum, they are very similar to Intercot in how the folks (members and Moderators) interact.
    For me, the only daily stop for Disney discussion is right here on Intercot.
    A big THANK YOU! to all of the Moderators and staff for all of their time and effort in keeping this the best site on the internet.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely agree that whenever there is some hostility among people here on Intercot it really stands out because it happens so infrequently. I stick with Intercot because it is the most well-moderated board, even though it is not the largest.

I don't like the other big WDW boards because they tend to be a bit of a mess...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship Tigger View Post
    I definitely agree that whenever there is some hostility among people here on Intercot it really stands out because it happens so infrequently. I stick with Intercot because it is the most well-moderated board, even though it is not the largest.

I don't like the other big WDW boards because they tend to be a bit of a mess...
    i couldn't have said it better myself.
    You may leave the magic, but your heart will always be there (psst. I'm bored) (P.S. probably will be until I return to my true home {DISNEY})

Post Thanks / Like

I think the moderators and long time members get the credit for setting the tone. Every once in a while, you'll see a topic get a bit heated, but the mods are always on the ball about toning it down and even closing a topic. And frequent posters will often try to steer topics back in the right direction and remind people not to get personal. After you've been here a while, you pick up on the positive vibe that is kept going. I think people who like a more edgy environment don't stick around too long. Or they learn to tone it down for the sake of civility. Its a good thing, because for some reason it can be a little nervewracking posting for the first time. I guess its like walking up to a group of kids at school, you just want them to like you!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceship Tigger View Post
    And very hard to read. Big signature photos, flashing this and thats. Makes my eyes bleed trying to find the text.

Bigger isn't better - just a lot more cluttered and chaotic.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I find that I'm nicer on the boards than I am in real life!

I like being right... and I'm usually right on here... so... yeah .. why would I not like Intercot!?

You all are wrong.. I am right.. how's that for hostility!?

Anywho... this is the best discussion group I've ever seen on the internet, Disney or not.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Overall, I absolutely agree that this is a very friendly board. Over the almost 7 years I've been a member, I have gotten tons of valuable information from the folks here. I've played some games, gotten and sent well wishes, and gotten into some fairly spirited discussions.

However, I have to admit, that in more recent times, it sometimes frustrates me that I sense negativity. Now understand, I'm not talking about opposing opinions, or honest comments. I don't expect or want people to just blindly agree, and love, anything and everything Disney. But sometimes it feels that people are LOOKING for something to complain about, or being critical just for the sake of being critical, not to critique.

This is absolutely the best Disney board in existence.... I just hope it stays that way.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what everybody else is saying, Intercot is the best, most civil Disney discussion board I've found. I was on another board, that I won't name the other day, reading a thread and someone was cussing about why the topic was in the wrong forum, and that the mods needed to move it! Totally unnecessary!

Intercot was the first Disney board I registered with and it remains one of the first places I check everyday and post to frequently!

Thank you John and all the moderators and members who help maintain a clean and fun place to talk about Disney.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    I find that I'm nicer on the boards than I am in real life!

You all are wrong.. I am right.. how's that for hostility!?

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

The reason that you feel things are more civil around here is that I haven't been posting much lately...

1973 - Off Site
    1979 - Contemporary Resort
    1983- Off Site
    7/1994 - Port Orleans
    6/2003 - Off Site
    3/2005 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 Nights)
    April/May 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (8 Nights)
    Nov/Dec. 2007- Boardwalk (7 Nights)
    Next Trip: Nov/Dec 2010-Yacht Club (6 Nights)

Post Thanks / Like

No board of any type better than Intercot Its due to everybody's efforts, moderators, users, and the fact most posters recognize that its OK to disagree. First, board I feel comfortable being a particpant on, not just a reader.

26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerfreak View Post
    I think we can all thank the wonderful Moderators for giving us those gentle reminders from time to time to keep it friendly. We are all entitled to our opinions and we all seem to respect that.
    Time for a big group hug

Intercot has the best moderators around! They keep everyone line - and occassionally add some substance to the discussion .

Post Thanks / Like

This board really is awesome. I've been on some others, but I really feel like this is a community. I think because its a little smaller you can get to know people by screen name and avatar and I'm sure that helps cut the nastiness factor. Oh that and we all rock!
    First Trip- Oct 1978 (9 months old)
    Last Trip- Everett's Summer Vacation June '10
    Next Trip- Everett's 1st Food and Wine Oct '10
    Oct 4-6
    58 trips in between

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: