Quantcast Transformers The Movie (opens July 4!) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

RUN, DON'T WALK to see it! It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    John Warner
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Director of Orlando Photography & Videography

DVC - BLT, SS, Aulani, Vero Bch, OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unbeliveable!!!

I went last night to the advanced screening and it was unbeliveable. Great plot,great action(ton of it) great humor it was just awesome. The transformations were really cool the voice acting for each character was perfect. Skip the family barbacues and go see this movie!

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Saw a sneak preview last week and I LOVED it! I didn't play with Transformers as a child but my husband did. When Optimus Prime first shows up, he whispered in awe "Optimus Prime...." I burst out laughing b/c it was his 30th birthday! The irony.

Seriously though - thought it was a very well done, amusing, entertaining movie for the holiday weekend. Enjoy!!!!
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

This is easily the second best movie I've seen this year (behind only 300, and not by much).

It is definitely worth seeing. Its amazing how quickly they introduced characters, gave them depth and yet didn't feel like the movie was bogged down, it just kept going.

You can see my review here:
    (link removed per TOS, if you would like to read the blog please contact member by pm)

It includes spoilers, but that is clearly marked and is the bottom of the post. So if you just read the top couple paragraphs you'll be fine.
    John

TBD - September 2015 -- Daughters' first trips
    Caribbean Beach -- Sep/Oct 2005 -- Honeymoon
    Caribbean Beach -- Nov 1991
    Disney Inn -- 1986

Post Thanks / Like

Saw it yesterday at the 8:00 showing. Easily the best movie I've seen this year, and I dare say it's the best movie Michael Bay has ever directed. I need to see it a couple more times, because it's just that awesome

Post Thanks / Like

WOW WOW WOW WOW! I absolutely LOVED the movie! There were a couple of week CGI moments, but it was a typical action packed Michael Bay machine ... oh and it was really cool to see the likes of Steven Spielberg, Lucas Films AND Michael Bay working together. Hopefully we will see Spielberg and Lucas come together on another project REAL soon, if you know what I mean!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw it today - TWICE! I rarely go to movies twice, but the whole time I was sitting there during the first showing, I just kept thinking how much I wanted to see it again. I highly recommend it!
    Karen

2009 ~ Hopefully next trip!
    1/2006 ~Coronado Springs
    12/1999 ~Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Last minute decision to try to see the movie last night. It really was a great flick. If Hollywood can get their act together and make more movies like this, maybe more folks would come back to the theaters.

It's definitely going to be the movie to see this summer.

It was very much like the cartoons I remember seeing, a little bit of morality sprinkled on top of some action scenes.

Now, if they would take out SGE and replace it with a Transformers based attraction, that would be sweet! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Now, if they would take out SGE and replace it with a Transformers based attraction, that would be sweet! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Good stuff...
    I'll second that!

Post Thanks / Like

Great film, great, great film. I could scarcely believe that this was well over 2 hours long, because it sure didn't feel that way. There's not a single dull moment in Transformers. The action is great, the FX are great, and Optimus Prime is probably the coolest robot to ever be created by CGI.

The dialog was a bit corny, but I could get past that this time. Overall, this is probably the only Michael Bay film I've ever enjoyed. Though the fact that Steven Spielberg helped out probably contributed to the quality.

I was skeptical about how this would work out since the first preview, but now...I never thought I'd say this but...I hope they make another one someday.
    Greetings Programs!
    1986- Polynesian Resort
    1990- Village Resort
    1995- Swan Resort
    1999- Contemporary Resort
    2005- All Star Music Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Movieguy View Post
    I was skeptical about how this would work out since the first preview, but now...I never thought I'd say this but...I hope they make another one someday.
    I read IMDB today that Transformer's 2 has the green light already and that the movie had the biggest Tuesday in history, especially considering it isn't even actually realeased yet, it's just in Previews until today, July 4! it surpassed POTC Dead Man's Chest, too!

By the way, my Avatar is now more than meets the eye!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

DisneyJunkie Guest

I was completely blown away by Transformers - it is THAT GOOD. I felt like an excited little boy again watching this flick. It was non-stop action, with some genuinely funny moments scattered throughout, and had some of THE best visual effects I've ever seen. I was extremely impressed. My wife loved it, and even my mom went along and enjoyed it.

My only problem.....is not really with the movie itself, its with reviewers who dog the movie to death, nitpicking every little thing they could find (and apparently went in looking to find). Some of these are just blow-hards who (in order to look mature and intellectual) will blast any Michael Bay movie, and some are the uber-geeks of Transformers history, who will whine about Optimus Prime's flames or his speaking without his mouth covered up (as in the cartoon). I mean, come on....this is a typical summertime popcorn (no thought required) flick and that's the only level on which to think about this movie. Don't go in looking for Academy Award-worth acting, writing, or dialogue, because you won't find it. Just go in looking to be entertained and have a good time, because in that respect, it fully delivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Transformers is one of those films that critics love to tear apart. I had the same problems with them doing it to Spiderman 3 a little while back.

I used to be a film critic in college for the campus paper, and I wrote some reviews praising certain films, and bashing others. Nowadays, I look back at some of the films I praised, like "Riding in Cars With Boys", and think "What in the world was I thinking, giving it such a glowing review?"

Then I realized something...being a film critic is all about status and image. It's very easy to get pulled into the hype around certain films...you'll feel strongly compelled to bash and nitpick at one film, while on the other hand, you'll also be compelled to praise and laud serious dramas or foreign films with any Oscar Buzz around them, regardless of what you really think of them.

It's basically a scramble for one person to feel like his or her opinions somehow matter more than others, or that they have some kind of special insight that others don't, just because they've seen a ton of movies.

Bottom line, I'm glad I don't do it anymore. It was a nice exercise in writing at the time, but there's just a lot of nonsense involved in film criticism. Don't listen to these people, watch what you want to watch, and like what you want to like.
    Greetings Programs!
    1986- Polynesian Resort
    1990- Village Resort
    1995- Swan Resort
    1999- Contemporary Resort
    2005- All Star Music Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't know diddly about Transformers really, and actually scoffed when I saw the previews for this, but a couple of co-workers (whom I trust) came back raving about it on Thursday. So a friend and I went to check it out today and I LOVED it!!! Oh man! I mean if a chick who knows very little about Transformers lore can go and have a blast, it's got to be a good movie! It was just a great, action-packed movie and funny too! I was cracking up in parts. Like someone mentioned, the dialogue's a tad corny at times, but really a minor flaw. It is what it is -- a really fun summer flik. I thought Shia LaBeouf did a great job, too.

I'd easily go see this one again. In fact I may have to drag the ex to see it. Being a 37-year old guy, he was into the Transformers as a kid so I think he'll dig it.

In fact, having seen the trifecta of big threequels this summer (Spiderman, Shrek and POTC) this blows them all away. (Sorry to POTC-AWE fans, I wanted so badly to love that one, but it just didn't measure up to the first one.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Well I don't know diddly about Transformers really,
    I LOVED it!!!
    *chants*
    One of us!
    One of us!
    One of us!

Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for some line in the movie to call them "robots in disguise".

We saw this on the Tuesday before release (much like POTC 3.. except not first showing). I was clueless really about transformers, except that the boys I grew up with LOVED them and I'd play a few and such, but I really didn't KNOW about them.

The movie was SOOO good! I loved it. I'm 23 and a girl all the way. It was amazing and I would SO buy it on DVD.

I am Optimus Prime!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

WE finally saw Transformers on Friday night. TERRIFIC -- everything a full blown summer show should be! We are looking forward to Transformers 2 already!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Movieguy View Post
    Great film, great, great film. I could scarcely believe that this was well over 2 hours long, because it sure didn't feel that way. There's not a single dull moment in Transformers.
    Really? You were engaged for the entire movie? Maybe it's because I am not particularly a Transformers fan, the film bored me practically to sleep.

Unlike most CGI-laden action films, the final battle was probably the worst pat. I thought Michael Bay did a great job with the setup. I began to like Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes. Their stories were interesting and well-established.

When the cars began changing into robots, I was wowed. But "Transformers" should have not have topped 90 minutes. If Megatron lived another minute, I would have gone up to the screen and destroyed him/it myself.

"Transformers" was a waste of my $10.25, but I needed to see it because of the hype. It's a good career move for Shia LeBeouf, and I'd like to see him again.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    "Transformers" was a waste of my $10.25,
    $10.25?!? IMO that is way to much to pay to go see a movie...

But having just seen this movie for the first time this past weekend, I thought it was amazing! My BF and I saw this along with 3 other movies this weekend and it topped our list

Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokies4life View Post
    $10.25?!? IMO that is way to much to pay to go see a movie...
    I have it easy. My friends from Manhattan pay upwards of $11. The arts cinema near my house is cheaper, but the big multiplex costs $10.25 per ticket.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: