Quantcast Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise. - Page 54

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1139
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?
    Hey as long as it isn't a Transylvanian tongue asking for all the raw meat you can muster up......

How's the goat doing with your neighbour's yard?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I
    Hmmm... I hear that southern drawl every day... from our customers in Kentucky. Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?

A Texas twang (done properly) has a "chewy" sound to it.

Since I'm bored and finally have access to a computer this week (can you believe there are no modems in the woods??? ) I've decided to start making prank phone calls to some JQers at work!

Who to call nextl?
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    My girls have been out since the 12th... that's when our elementary finishes. Our high school kids end somewhere during this upcoming week, depending on their finals. When do your boys go back? We go back September 5th, after our Labor Day holiday.
    So, how many days a year are your schools required to be in attendance? Here in Indiana, state law requires schools to have 180 "educational days" a year.

I asked that question because most schools around here get out during the week just before Memorial Day. Granted, they also start back to school sometime around August 20, give or take a few days depending on the particular school system.

If you noticed, I put the term "educational days" in quotes. I did this because what they define as an educational day is pretty weak. Basically, an education day is a day that the students are in attendance at least 3 1/2 hours. It has nothing at all to do with what they are actually doing while they are there. Thus, when they have a short day because of teacher In-Service training or anything, most teachers show movies and just basically baby sit the kids and that gets counted as one of their 180 days. If you can't tell, this is something that really sticks in my craw.

On a more pleasant topic, how are all of you doing? I am visiting the thread for a few minutes while I can. Just to update you on all the health issues going on in my family, My mother is still struggling with her heart issues. They thought they had it under control and released her from the hospital late last week. However, over the weekend her ankles swelled up to just about the same size they had been when she first went in the hospital a week and a half ago. So we are all on pins and needles today waiting to hear what the doctors have to say.

As for my back, I am doing what I can, but unfortunately, my parents live about 40 miles from me and her hospital is about 60 miles so I spend way more time riding than my back cares for. Needless to say I am taking every opportunity to walk around or do what I can to relieve the pain.

I know you kind folks have all sent my mom loads of Pixie Dust already, but she can certainly stand to have all you can spare at this point.

I will be around to visit when I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Hey as long as it isn't a Transylvanian tongue asking for all the raw meat you can muster up......

How's the goat doing with your neighbour's yard?
    We do have our own meat cutters here so it wouldn't be too hard to muster up a bunch of raw red meat for him...

Well.. I think the goat has migrated elsewhere... since my area is in a moderate drought ALL grass is now brown and dead. We have not cut grass in over a month. It's horrible. Seeing lots of blackened areas where there's been grass fires. I told DH we need to water the area closest to the road, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    A Texas twang (done properly) has a "chewy" sound to it.

Since I'm bored and finally have access to a computer this week (can you believe there are no modems in the woods??? ) I've decided to start making prank phone calls to some JQers at work!

Who to call nextl?
    Hmmm... is that chewy like his 'angry' growl, or more his 'talking' growl?

Maybe you should call Alex and tell him that the world is on a cookie shortage crisis?

Jaspar - I really hope your mom recovers! We're all thinking of her, you and your whole family! Here's some extra pixie dust
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... is that chewy like his 'angry' growl, or more his 'talking' growl?

Maybe you should call Alex and tell him that the world is on a cookie shortage crisis?
    Remember, Di, I have never seen any Star Wars movies, so that reference is lost on me!

Maybe I should call Nat and tell her I would like a loan for (mustering up best Austin Powers/ Dr. Evil impression) "One MILLLLLL-E-YON dollars!" What do you think?

Jasper, I will continue to pray for your mom, and for healing in your back. It is really hard when your life hits a rough spot, and I hope things improve soon!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Di, I have never seen any Star Wars movies, so that reference is lost on me!

Maybe I should call Nat and tell her I would like a loan for (mustering up best Austin Powers/ Dr. Evil impression) "One MILLLLLL-E-YON dollars!" What do you think?
    Hmmmm.. we're even I guess cause I've never seen an Austin Powers movie so your reference is lost on me!

Maybe you can call Nat and tell her that there's been a Shoe recall and there will be NO MORE shoes anywhere for a person to buy until the situation recovers....

Or you can try calling Marlyn and in your best Capn Jack voice ask her out on a date... think she'd fall for it?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Chewy is the faithful friend of the ever handsome and scruffy looking Han Solo. He speaks in growly noises like those of bears. I am still in shock over this you know. I don't understand how such a thing could ever happen. Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me?

Post Thanks / Like

Chewy is the faithful friend of the ever handsome and scruffy looking Han Solo. He speaks in growly noises like those of bears. I am still in shock over this you know. I don't understand how such a thing could ever happen. Do you want to come over on Friday night and watch all 6 episodes with me?
    Ooh ooh, I will. I think I've got a bag of chips and some dip somewhere in RV I can bring in.

Did you know that DW and I saw the first Star Wars when it first came out, while we were on our honeymoon? You didn't? Well let me tell you...
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda and Christine, I forgot to ask. How far are you from the flooding? I've been seeing some stories and it looks pretty bad.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Ooh ooh, I will. I think I've got a bag of chips and some dip somewhere in RV I can bring in.

Did you know that DW and I saw the first Star Wars when it first came out, while we were on our honeymoon? You didn't? Well let me tell you...
    Hmmm.. did you know I was still in grade school when the first Star Wars came out?

Rhonda and Christine, I forgot to ask. How far are you from the flooding? I've been seeing some stories and it looks pretty bad.
    Well, we know Christine is ok since she's been posting... hope Rhonda is safe, and hope that the flood waters recede quickly!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Why, no you didn't Ken. Did you share popcorn? I was 8 when it came out ... and remember it soooooo vividly!! So, I will put a beanbag chair on the floor next to the doggies beddy-by-bed for you. Your DW can sit on one of the couches if she prefers. Would you mind grabbing Di on your way north?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys. I'm back. Hope all the JQ dads had a nice father's day. We spent ours at the pool.
    Field Day today with DD and DS. I work Field Day pretty much every year. There are lots of different competitions and the children are broken up into 3 teams-Red, White, and Blue. This year I worked at the Basketball Toss. Boy some of these kids are pretty competetive. Unfortunately, the red team (our team) lost--boo hoo. However, a good time was had by all--including this Mom who loves to watch all those kids having fun. It truly warms my heart.

So, who can catch me up on what's going on around here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    Oh Di-iiii. We have a job for you.

Did somebody say they wanted to know how DW and I ended up watching Star Wars on our honeymoon? Was it one of you young'un who were barely old enough to get into a movie?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm Star Wars on the Honeymoon. Tell us Ken, was the force with you that night?

Post Thanks / Like

Why, no you didn't Ken. Did you share popcorn? I was 8 when it came out ... and remember it soooooo vividly!! So, I will put a beanbag chair on the floor next to the doggies beddy-by-bed for you. Your DW can sit on one of the couches if she prefers. Would you mind grabbing Di on your way north?
    But please remember that I bruise easily! Should I bring my own bean bag? I wonder if their hands touched as they shared their popcorn? I remember my first 'movie' date.. it was to one of the Rocky movies... a double date with my brother and his girlfriend...though I don't think my 'date' thought of it as a date

Field Day today with DD and DS. I work Field Day pretty much every year. There are lots of different competitions and the children are broken up into 3 teams-Red, White, and Blue. This year I worked at the Basketball Toss. Boy some of these kids are pretty competetive. Unfortunately, the red team (our team) lost--boo hoo. However, a good time was had by all--including this Mom who loves to watch all those kids having fun. It truly warms my heart.

Sorry your team lost...but as long as everyone had fun - that should be all that matters...

Let's see, what's been going on around here... Do NOT NOT NOT mention the outdoors to Christine... Ken's gonna bor, I mean entertain us with the story of when he and his dw saw Star Wars, um, hmm.. that might be about it.. kind of a slow day around here...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Di-iiii. We have a job for you.

Did somebody say they wanted to know how DW and I ended up watching Star Wars on our honeymoon? Was it one of you young'un who were barely old enough to get into a movie?
    Already ahead of you! And hey - just because we had to have parental supervison to get into the movie - doesn't mean we didn't enjoy it!

Hmmmm Star Wars on the Honeymoon. Tell us Ken, was the force with you that night?
    (thinking to self) family friendly site.. family friendly site.. family friendly site....

Hmmm... did someone use the force to move my question?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, for the very abridged update Diane. Certainly, it would take me the better part of the afternoon reading if I were to catch up on my own.

Christine,
    I understand that camping is now a dirty word. So, is it safe to say that you will not be volunteering for any other camping trips in the forseeable future?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, for the very abridged update Diane. Certainly, it would take me the better part of the afternoon reading if I were to catch up on my own.

Christine,
    I understand that camping is now a dirty word. So, is it safe to say that you will not be volunteering for any other camping trips in the forseeable future?
    You are welcome... can't believe how slow it is around here... think everyone is out by their pools today?

I think it would be VERY safe to say there will be no more outdoor trips for Christine in the near or far future... even after undergoing the extensive therapy that I believe she has signed up for thru DDSS (Drummerboy's Discount Shrink Services) - whose motto is "If you thought you were loony before you saw us, after seeing us you'll know what loony really is"
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....
    Shoes -- In another life, my feet are funny now...so you can have my share, k?
    Purses -- I only bought my first EVER purse this year...so you can have my share here too....
    A cook -- But, then what would I do to relax?
    On Line Grocery delivery -- Yeah, but do they smell the produce for freshness?
    I will gladly take the Maid Service. I hate vacuums and mops and buckets and Windex. Yes, that is what this girl wants.
    Grocery Gateway (I think) used to use the longo's chain..and if you weren't happy you got a credit on your next order. I loved it. Sigh.

What did you use instead of a purse exactly? And hasn't it been agreed that I have at least mine and several someones share of shoes?

No, you are a Galactic Babe.. so don't you also wear your space gear?
    This seemed pretty funny to me somehow..Jenn on the go train powerwalking around king and bay in her buzz helmet!!
    Oh my, I've been hanging out on this thread too long... I just had a customer call ordering some bananas. I told her our bananas were out of stock. So she said "What, did the monkey eat them all?"... my first thought to answer "No, the monkey is too busy guarding/drinking the rum to bother with the bananas..."
    You have no idea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    So we are all on pins and needles today waiting to hear what the doctors have to say.

I know you kind folks have all sent my mom loads of Pixie Dust already, but she can certainly stand to have all you can spare at this point.

I will be around to visit when I can.
    more prayers and picie dust on it's way Jasper. We are all thinking of you and your mom.
    Sure Christine..do you have review engagment statements? And I need a PSOA and is this for an LC? Or a FRTL? or Do you want VRTL? When will you send the set up fee? I'm assuming we are talking LIBOR rates right?

What industry are you in exactly? How many years in business? Oh and you do know us commercial lenders take children as collateral right? Or so the old saying goes.....personally DS is as many as I can handle so I normally drop that part. Oh and I can't find a resale on DH's so you can't use them.
    Maybe you can call Nat and tell her that there's been a Shoe recall and there will be NO MORE shoes anywhere for a person to buy until the situation recovers....
    NOT FUNNY DI!!! I'll just have to finance a shoe factory until the supply demand ratio improves, instead of a monthly account management fee I'll take it in shoes.

Sure Jenn what time should I be over?

I was 7 I don't think you can share this story here can you?

I'm pretty sure Di's going to tell you this is a family friendly site...mind you I suspect Ken's going to tell us something about bugs or something else non romantic...what do you all think?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    I'm pretty sure Di's going to tell you this is a family friendly site...mind you I suspect Ken's going to tell us something about bugs or something else non romantic...what do you all think?
    (thinking to self) family friendly site.. family friendly site.. family friendly site....
    As you can see, I already had that thought! told you we've been on this thread too long.. now we all think the same and know what each other is gonna say before we say it...

I think the heat melted my question right off my post.. does anyone have some ice?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: