Quantcast Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise. - Page 53

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1139
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    I got a new job...it is what I need with regards to income which is good, but it is mostly weekends which is not good. I have a feeling I will be doing a bunch of shift trades once hockey season starts. But I can do this until somethign better comes up and I won't have to worry about money.

My boys have 2 weeks left until summer vacation. Thy are out June 28th. Most of the kids south of the border are out already aren't they?
    Can I come spend the day with you? That sounds like a perfect day! I am going to do laundry, tidy up and then have a nap. I work tonight so that is as exciting as it gets.
    Congrats on the new job!! Mostly weekends can be tough, but like you said, you can probably switch days w/ people until you find something that works better - and until then, not have to worry!! Yeah!! I'm glad for you!!

My girls have been out since the 12th... that's when our elementary finishes. Our high school kids end somewhere during this upcoming week, depending on their finals. When do your boys go back? We go back September 5th, after our Labor Day holiday.

And of course you can come spend the day with us! Anytime!! We would have loved to have you. Of course, right now you wouldn't probably be too keen on being here... my girls are tired and cranky after such a busy wknd and a late night last night... so they are just getting out of the tub, and heading straight to ZZzzz land. Ahhh.... peace!! (It was a very nice day, though!)

Anybody watch "The 4400"?? The season premiere for season 4 is on tonight, and I'm psyched!! It's kind of an odd show, but we got into it last summer and have been waiting to see what happens. We were going to watch POTC : DMC, but since we have it on DVD, we'll just wait.

How was everyone's wknd?

Edit * My DD8, Julia, wanted to add something... "Hi everybody - I wish I could be on Intercot!! "
    Last edited by Dsnygirl; 06-17-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: My DD8 wanted to add something...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Want to go and hit some pink golf balls with me Scott?

Happy Father's Day!
    I'm there buddy! Hope you had a good day.

Sounds like a fun, but tiring day Blythe.
    Julia! You'll be thirteen and on Intercot soon enough. Don't grow up too fast.

Now, what did I do with that spare question?
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Father's Day to all our JQ dads! You've all earned a special place in our hearts (no... that's not why we take Tums).

Quote Originally Posted by alongfortheride View Post
    Our plans for tonight? Dinner at Cheddar's and then the sneak preview of Ratatouille!
    How was Ratatouille? We missed the sneak preview last night... I don't know who picked the theaters for Brooklyn, but they weren't the most convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Did anyone else detect a slight hint of negativity in Bert's Babe's posts about her camping trip?
    I know she's saying "never again" but maybe you could lend her the JQ RV for next time. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tinktude View Post
    Anyone have any advice on telling my boss that I got another job???
    Give at least two weeks notice, offer to train your replacement and whatever you do, don't burn your bridges. You never know when a recommendation might be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    Pool party is planned for 7/14. Please bring whatever you want to drink, and your own towels. I don't know what we're serving yet though. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative that weekend as it is raining this one.
    The 14th is Bastille Day. Can we have Kir Royale? Have you thought about getting that rat to come do the cooking for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    I'll bring some punch & I can use the POTC beach towel that my wonderful sis bought for me!
    Oh, I'll bring my Jack towel that Piglet822 sent to me. We can have the PoTC section.

I got a new job...it is what I need with regards to income which is good, but it is mostly weekends which is not good. I have a feeling I will be doing a bunch of shift trades once hockey season starts. But I can do this until somethign better comes up and I won't have to worry about money.

My boys have 2 weeks left until summer vacation. Thy are out June 28th. Most of the kids south of the border are out already aren't they?
    Congrats on the new job! Same dept or new one?

NYC public schools don't let out until the 28th either. Ben started his week of half-days, and the last day of school is Friday which is basically chapel and then they're done! He's already counting down the days.

Now, I'm doing laundry and I'm trying to decide if I should go start dinner or be lazy and go out instead. Which would you choose?
    In my neck of the woods, you call for delivery! It's the best of both worlds.

Have a good night, everyone! I'll have a pot of coffee freshly brewed for in the AM.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    The 14th is Bastille Day. Can we have Kir Royale?
    You bring the Champagne and Creme de Cassis, and we can have it. Did you know Creme de Cassis was first produced by monks in France as a cure for snakebites, jaundice, and wretchedness?

Have you thought about getting that rat to come do the cooking for you?
    No, that thought had not occurred to me. Somehow, the thought of a rat doing the cooking just kind of turns me off.

In my neck of the woods, you call for delivery! It's the best of both worlds.
    We went out.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Camp BAD!! ...bugs everywhere,...kids everywhere...fish hooks everwhere...blood everywhere....just BAD BAD BAD!

I don't think I can even form a question right now. May I be excused?
    Sounds like you had fun...was the topic Job?

Oh, she's back! I was about to ask the Canadian contingent to send out the Mounties to find you! Sorry about the bad, bad, bad part of it all. Bugs, fish hooks (in the wrong places) and blood don't sound like fun, but aren't kids supposed to be there?
    Can they do cross border searches still?
    Did anyone else detect a slight hint of negativity in Bert's Babe's posts about her camping trip?
    A tad..a teeny tiny hint perhaps?

Maybe I should bake him some of those cookies everyone keeps talking about.
    Just be honest..and be prepared (if your going to anything that might be competition) to be let go. Good luck!!

I hope you are all having a good weekend. Happy Fathers day to all our JQ fathers.
    A belated happy fathers day. And Lynn sound like mostly good news at least on the income side.

So what's up for Monday? And how are we all getting to Rhonda's? I can bring a pretty mean crab dip!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Di you have a Panera near you? I like those very yummy sandwiches.
    There's several actually around where I work, plus they just opened a new one in a new shopping center that I pass on my way to work! It is the bagel place of choice in my office! I actually prefer donuts, but in a pinch a bagel smothered with flavored cream cheese can work just as well!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Man, Di, you are thinking of the wrong sister. Losing your mind now?
    I think my mind is hiding out in Ohana...

It will also cure your headache.
    Just remember - YOU are the one that said this! Not me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Congrats on 1,000 Deb! Those blue stars look good on you.
    See, Scott just proved how unobservant men can be... she's had those blue stars for several months now Scott... she got those for contributing to the Intercot server drive... I think you are cookie deprived, that has to be why you missed that... so Dr. Di says to go eat a whole package of cookies and post here in the morning!

Oooh, a pool party! What fun! Can we help decorate? How about a Stitch/Hawaiian/Pirate theme?
    Sounds like a LOT of fun! Should I make the coffee and coconut cake? I'll also set up the screen so we can watch ALL of Stitch's movies!

Camp BAD!! ...bugs everywhere,...kids everywhere...fish hooks everwhere...blood everywhere....just BAD BAD BAD!
    And that was a CHURCH camp? Or did you accidently choose a spot in the middle of a horror film filming?

Quote Originally Posted by alongfortheride View Post
    I am not sure if a would help or not...it may not be enough! Got any morphine???

Blythe, I didn't take any pictures. But if you want a mental image, picture scenes from the movies "Meatballs" and "Saving Private Ryan"!
    Again I say Glad you survived...no morphine, but I think a long weekend at Disney could help you recover!

Negativity? Nope, didn't notice... why would you say she was negative?

You could go into work carrying a half empty bottle of rum, wearing a pirate costume and walk into his office singing "Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me..."

Cookies? Are you baking cookies? Will you be my friend?
    Another man proving a long debated point... the way to a man's heart IS thru his stomach!

Since my daughter is now in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, I have no plans. My lovely wife gave up the ghost and is napping since we were up before 3:00 am this morning. Would anyone like to come keep me company? The flight was quick and smooth, so that's a good thing. And she did call when they landed. She's a good kid.
    I told you you could've come down 75 and hung out with me, my dh and the doggies! THey would've loved to see you! I would've even made my homemade sketti sauce for you!

Oh, I'll bring my Jack towel that Piglet822 sent to me. We can have the PoTC section.
    Oh my, so you'll be laying on Jack's face and Deb's gonna be laying on Will's face... will we EVER get the two of you up to help us build a sand fort?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all!!!!
    Anyone want to share a pot of coffee? I just can't seem to wake up this morning. Hope everyone has a good day today!
    Di, I will send the monkey & goat in my place to build a sand fort.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

So what's up for Monday? And how are we all getting to Rhonda's? I can bring a pretty mean crab dip!
    Nothing up here except the temperature - gonna be close to 97 degrees! Ouch! Anyone wanna pay my air condition bill?

Morning all!!!!
    Anyone want to share a pot of coffee? I just can't seem to wake up this morning. Hope everyone has a good day today!
    Di, I will send the monkey & goat in my place to build a sand fort.
    Coffee? On a hot morning like this? How about a cold diet coke? And I think the monkey maybe a bit too drunk to be much help on the sand fort. And a goat? Don't you think he will eat our sand buckets?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

It's Monday already? I think what I need to do is go into jr. high end-of-school-year mode--that way time will pass agonizingly slow.

Anybody know if Bert's Babe has healed yet? Did no one warn her that they make camping first-aid kits for a reason? I have this mental image of some kid reeling in the big fish he caught and finding out his hook is in Christine's cheek (or ear--my sister did that to my brother once).

Wound up with double rehearsals yesterday--afternoon drumming with the combo that will back up our local choral group for the fourth, and evening singing for the play. Spent Saturday with DW at the auction house picking up all the goodies she had high bid on the first Saturday of the month. Lots and lots of odd box lots and a couple of pieces of furniture.

I'm so glad I have this job I can come to for rest.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Coffee? On a hot morning like this? How about a cold diet coke? And I think the monkey maybe a bit too drunk to be much help on the sand fort. And a goat? Don't you think he will eat our sand buckets?
    coffee always..it's a food group. On it's own and required every day.

Anybody know if Bert's Babe has healed yet? Did no one warn her that they make camping first-aid kits for a reason? I have this mental image of some kid reeling in the big fish he caught and finding out his hook is in Christine's cheek (or ear--my sister did that to my brother once).

I'm so glad I have this job I can come to for rest.
    How does one heal from that kind of truama?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen Surf's Up?
    Nope-- but we saw the Fantastic 4 -- You gotta take Ben! It was absolutely fantabulous!! (and Ionn Gruffudd is in it to boot!)
    Christine, you have now earned the right to be excused from any and everything you want to. I'm glad you made it back
    Maybe I should bake him some of those cookies everyone keeps talking about.
    Cookies are always a good start! Don't burn bridges!
    She's a good kid.
    Happy Father's Day to all my fellow JQ dads out there! Have a great day!
    She must have all right parents, eh Scott? I hope you enjoyed your day yesterday!
    You bring the Champagne and Creme de Cassis, and we can have it.
    I love Cassis. One of my best friends is from Lyon, France and he makes aperatifs using Cassis and white wine. It is too early in the day?

Happy Monday everyone! I just got here from my quartely check up with my Rheumatologist...and all continues to be Status Quo. What more could a girl ask for?
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    What more could a girl ask for?
    Diamonds? Maid service? Shoes? Purses? A cook? On line grocery delivery? ooohhh you meant from your Dr. didn't you?

In that case that's great news!! And Deb, my belated congrats on your 1000 milestone. Way to go!!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Edit * My DD8, Julia, wanted to add something... "Hi everybody - I wish I could be on Intercot!! "
    Julia!

How was Ratatouille? We missed the sneak preview last night...
    Sadly, it just didn't do a thing for me. I really really wanted to like it...I was very pumped up about it after hearing and reading how it was Pixar's best film yet. But alas, I was thorugh most of it. Oilvia fell asleep twice. John was fidgety throughout. Bummer!

Sounds like you had fun...was the topic Job?
    You'd have thought so judging from the swarms of grasshoppers! Surprisingly, it was "Peace in the Storm" taken from John 14:27. How ironic!

And that was a CHURCH camp? Or did you accidently choose a spot in the middle of a horror film filming?
    I assure you, I was looking out for "Jason" from time to time!

I'm fine now...I just shudder from time to time and have developed some sort of facial tic whenever I step outdoors! Hopefully it is not a permanent result from this experience!

So Lynne! Congrats on the new job! Sounds like everything worked out well!!!

Glad to see all the other MIA's have returned.

Ken, looks like you're keeping busy (except for at work, that is!)

Rhonda, the pool party sounds great! It is an indoor pool though, right???

Ellen, thanks for the coffee this morning...I definitely needed it! John and I stayed up late watching some special on the Titanic on History Channel. Why? I couldn't really say...

Speaking of ocean liners, has anyone heard of the "Residence-seas" where you LIVE on a cruise ship! We saw this on Travel Channel the other day...boy, that must be the pits, huh??
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Monday everyone! I just got here from my quartely check up with my Rheumatologist...and all continues to be Status Quo. What more could a girl ask for?
    That is great news! Good deal!

I think Surf's Up will be our next movie. Anyone want to catch a matinee this week?
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Diamonds? Maid service? Shoes? Purses? A cook? On line grocery delivery? ooohhh you meant from your Dr. didn't you?
    Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....
    Shoes -- In another life, my feet are funny now...so you can have my share, k?
    Purses -- I only bought my first EVER purse this year...so you can have my share here too....
    A cook -- But, then what would I do to relax?
    On Line Grocery delivery -- Yeah, but do they smell the produce for freshness?
    I will gladly take the Maid Service. I hate vacuums and mops and buckets and Windex. Yes, that is what this girl wants.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

It's Monday already? I think what I need to do is go into jr. high end-of-school-year mode--that way time will pass agonizingly slow.
    I know what you are thinking - you think if you go into jr high end of school year mode you will then have the whole summer off... well.. won't work - we're all onto you!

How does one heal from that kind of truama?
    A month at the Poly might do the trick!

How about free stays at WDW whenever you wish to visit? A chauffer driven limo? first run movies in your home anytime you want them? enough money that you would never have to work again? Should I go on?

I'm fine now...I just shudder from time to time and have developed some sort of facial tic whenever I step outdoors! Hopefully it is not a permanent result from this experience!
    KEN! ALEX!!! Why are you sneaking up behind Christine carrying a tree branch, a rubber spider, fishing hooks and that pine scented air freshner?

Diamonds -- I only wear my engagement/wedding rings, my Mickey watch, my Mickey hoop earrings and the Eeyore necklace Harry bought me in April. I'm not a fancy babe....
    No, you are a Galactic Babe.. so don't you also wear your space gear?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, I've been hanging out on this thread too long... I just had a customer call ordering some bananas. I told her our bananas were out of stock. So she said "What, did the monkey eat them all?"... my first thought to answer "No, the monkey is too busy guarding/drinking the rum to bother with the bananas..."

Anyone know if there's a 12 step program for JQ addicts?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you are thinking - you think if you go into jr high end of school year mode you will then have the whole summer off... well.. won't work - we're all onto you!

KEN! ALEX!!! Why are you sneaking up behind Christine carrying a tree branch, a rubber spider, fishing hooks and that pine scented air freshner?
    Durn--caught twice.

Oh my, I've been hanging out on this thread too long... I just had a customer call ordering some bananas. I told her our bananas were out of stock. So she said "What, did the monkey eat them all?"... my first thought to answer "No, the monkey is too busy guarding/drinking the rum to bother with the bananas..."

Anyone know if there's a 12 step program for JQ addicts?
    Wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd have said that out loud? That's funny.
    I keep worrying that I'll refer to my wife as "DW" to somebody in the real world.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Di! Ken and Alex are so naughty...no cookies for them today!

I gotcha! That was me! Did you not recognize my southern drawl???
    INTERCOT Staff-

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what her reaction would have been if you'd have said that out loud? That's funny.
    I keep worrying that I'll refer to my wife as "DW" to somebody in the real world.
    I don't know.. would've been funny to find out. I ended up telling her that the monkey had loaded all the bananas into our trucks over night for delivery. She got a chuckle out of it.. but the whole rum guarding thing may have thrown her off...

Oh, does your wife have a name other than DW?

Thanks Di! Ken and Alex are so naughty...no cookies for them today!

I gotcha! That was me! Did you not recognize my southern drawl???
    Hey, you're welcome! Gotta look out for our friends right!?

Hmmm... I hear that southern drawl every day... from our customers in Kentucky. Do you have a Texas twang that I should be alert for?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: