Quantcast One way car rental

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default One way car rental

Has anyone ever flown to Disneyworld and then rented a car to go back home, if so what rental co. did you use and how expensive was it? I would be going back to N.Y. Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can make a better deal than I did, but on one trip I flew into Orlando, Florida and rented from National a brand new (17 miles on the odometer) candy apple red PT Cruiser for a one-way trip to my second home in Florida 70 miles south of Orlando. I kept the car less than about 12 hours and turned it in in my hometown local National Rent a Car chain. I admit that I purchased the extra insurance, (I don't want to owe anything upon return of a renatal car). Plus I got hit with heafty one-way fees (the company has to pay two people to drive out to get the car so they can bring it back to the original rental office. With taxes and fees I payed $466 to drive myself 70 miles home from the airport. At that time, it was worth it - but I'm a lot wiser now. I have a private car pick me up and I spend the $375 I save on some other form of recreation. My advice is to do you homework one-way car rental this is not usually very cost effective, unless you can stike up a deal to transfer a car for them from one major airport to another.
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

First I'd like to say

Okay, I've never done it and it would all depend on when and where you planned to drive the car but you might find it cost effective.

I just looked at national from picking something up on Friday Sept 7th from Orlando Airport and returning it to a location near my house (PA) and it was an estimated total of $453.85. Now that includes my Emerald Club discount and does not include any of the supplemental insurance for the vehicle.
    Rob Hinkle
    28 Visits to the Magical Vacation Kingdom of Disney World and counting!

Next Trips -
    December 2010 - WDW - Contemporary
    January 2011 - WDW - Beach Club Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome. Last Thanksgiving, we flew to Orlando, rented a car and drove back to Houston. It worked out ok, except that our real car had a flat at the airport. Just make sure you can return to a different spot then you pick up.
    J
    3/01 1st trip -Off site with 100 kids
    Over 20 trips since 3/01
    Lot's of fun and great family memories..

Going to be there in June 08.

Post Thanks / Like

We did something similar to that last June. We flew into Fort Myers to visit my family and rented a car. After our visit there, we drove 3 hours to Orlando and returned our car to the Car Center right near MK entrance. We then took the car rental shuttle to our hotel. I think I spend around $300 but that was for about 5 days. Just make sure you select to pick up and drop off at a different location. People do it all the time. Go online and price it out and see if it will be worth it to you. You can rent cars also from that location near MK. Good luck and have a great trip.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: