Quantcast Finding Nemo Musical...Your Thoughts? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysBestPal View Post
    But the Nemo Musical has long lines of guests queued up, sometimes up to an hour before show-time (that's much earlier than guests usually queue for Festival of the Lion King.)
    That's because they won't let guests line up that early over there. But either way, Nemo is an amazing show. I absolutely love it. I highly recommend it to anyone.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw it last week and while I liked it, I just couldn't get past the actors holding the puppets. Most of the time they had the puppets on one side of their heads while their head was on the audience side. I thought they should have always had the puppets on the audience side sort of trying to hide themselves. I also thought they should have used a different story line. It was basically just like the movie. I guess I just expected it to be better. I think FOTLK is 100 times better than this nemo show.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I also thought they should have used a different story line. It was basically just like the movie. I guess I just expected it to be better. I think FOTLK is 100 times better than this nemo show.
    I have to agree. We saw it last week while it is was entertaining, it is not a show we will line up for again. I don't find it to be on the level of Lion King and Beauty and The Beast, two shows that are "must see" every visit for us.
    "Why is the rum always gone?"
    Jun 09 - Old Key West
    Apr 08 - Disney Cruise
    Dec 07 - Ft Wilderness
    Feb 07 - Animal Kingdom
    Apr 06 - Disney Cruise
    Dec 05 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 05 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 04 - Car. Beach
    Aug 03 - Car. Beach
    Jun 02 - Port Orleans
    Oct 98 - All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Live Show at WDW

This is easily the best live show at WDW. It's different from Cirque du Lion King or Beauty and the Beast on Ice without the Ice - but being different is good.

Bristol, TN but currently in Walland, TN in our motorhome
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    We saw it last week and while I liked it, I just couldn't get past the actors holding the puppets.
    I liked the show fairly well, and music was very good, but I agree with buzznwoodysmom about this. All through the show, I found myself watching the people rather than the puppets. I thought it might be due to some artistic ideal--I've never seen this type of puppetry before, so I though maybe it was "traditional" for this type, but I did find it to be somewhat of a distraction. Does anyone know about this? Is there a name for this type of puppetry?

And I was surprised that it so closely followed the movie's story line.

Having said that, though, I would definitely recommend that you see it at least once. Even with the distraction, I really enjoyed it.

Suzanne Q
    Bristol, TN
    Off site 1973 (ressies @ Ft W but locked our keys in trunk & couldn't get to our tent)
    Off site 1975, 1983, & 1987
    All Star-Dec 2004
    Ft Wilderness Cabins-May 2005
    All Star & Contemporary-Dec 2006-Jan 2007
    Ft Wilderness CG, Oct-Dec 2007
    Pop Century-Dec 2008
    Next up: Pop Century, Oct 15 - 30, 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Friend View Post
    I liked the show fairly well, and music was very good, but I agree with buzznwoodysmom about this. All through the show, I found myself watching the people rather than the puppets. I thought it might be due to some artistic ideal--I've never seen this type of puppetry before, so I though maybe it was "traditional" for this type, but I did find it to be somewhat of a distraction. Does anyone know about this? Is there a name for this type of puppetry?

And I was surprised that it so closely followed the movie's story line.

Having said that, though, I would definitely recommend that you see it at least once. Even with the distraction, I really enjoyed it.

Suzanne Q
    Bristol, TN
    I love seeing the actors and find its a much more interesting show this way... once you have seen the appearance of a puppet, it becomes very "flat" as a longer show progresses. Seeing the actor's facial expressions (something lacking in simple puppets) makes better "theater."

I vote "yea," you vote "nay."

I would have been surprised if they didn't follow the movie's story line (and, of course, they truncated much of it for time.)

Post Thanks / Like

We are Tarzan Rocks! lovers and were very disappointed to see it go but the Nemo show is in a different league! We walked out of there wowed! The kids had absolutely no probelm sitting through it and loved all the puppets and special effects...it's a great show and I'd recommend the wait!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it. I loved that it was a synopsis of the movie, I loved that you could see the actors, I loved the whole thing. We had a seat right next to the middle of the runway part of hte stage and my daughter had Dory right in her face The whole show was fantastic in my opinion and I would wait in line to see it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved it! Its very cute and creative. The line is long but once youre in everythign is awesome. And the music is very uh..memorable...

In the BIG blue wo-orld!

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up the Nemo show...

I too am a huge Tarzan Rocks fan. I hated to see that show go. However, I did enjoy the new Nemo show. Now I will say that I was not willing to spend two hours of my day waiting in a line to see it. We were at AK on the Tuesday after President's Day and folks were lining up 2 hours before the show. We decided that we didn't want to give up 2 hours in line and then another 45 minutes in the show, so we skipped it that day. We were back at AK on the Thursday of that week. The line was about an hour wait, so we decided to do it. The show was really good and unlike any other stage show at Disney. (And definitely nothing comparable to Beauty and the Beast.) It was really fascinating to watch, and even as an adult, it had my attention captivated. In the beginning, it was hard for me to get past seeing the actual puppeteers. However, as I got into the program, it was really neat to watch them--their facial expressions, their body movements, etc...It was as though you were watching an actor play the part. I still have mixed feelings about seeing the puppeteers, but overall, the show was very well done. I also liked how they still do what Tarzan Rocks did and that is the use of the aisles. You still have things that take you by surprise throughout the theatre. Now that I have seen it, I can say that I would enjoy seeing it again, but I definitely would not wait in a very long line to see it.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

We visited WDW last week and also went to this musical. We were actually a bit disappointed; the songs are below Disney-standard, as well as the voices of some performers. The scenery is brilliant, but bottom-line this is not a musical we will see every time we visit WDW.

BTW: we arrived just 10 minutes prior and there was still plenty of empty space.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

We really loved the Nemo musical! It is way better that the Tarzan Rocks show IMHO. I saw Tarzan Rocks once and decided that once was enough, but Nemo will be a must see show for my family on every trip. I loved everything: the lighting, the music, the actors, the sets, and the puppets.

I don't think there is a need to line up more than 30 minutes prior to show time. You may not be seated in the front, but you'll still have a seat and be able to enjoy the show.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, this is the greatest thing at WDW. I put off seeing it for a loooong time because I was still upset about Tarzan Rocks leaving. I still wish they both could coexist peacefully, but I honestly would take the Nemo show over Tarzan anyday.

Then again, I am a theatre geek and this show is the closest you can come to seeing a Broadway show without actually going to Broadway. So I absolutely LOVE it!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed this show don't miss it and form your own opinion from that!
    Jan-2006-POP
    Mar- 2003-Grand Californian, 2006-AKL
    Apr- 2004-ASM, CS, 2007-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR
    Dec- 2001-CS, 2002-AKL, 2004-POP, AKL, 2005 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: