Quantcast celebritiy encounters? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    No! Not me there! I was about 16 when we took it and the little girl's mom asked us to send a copy of the photo. It was back in April 84 I was in high school right before Capt EO and after Thriller, said before wouldn't want to be taking a pic of him now!
    I remember when I was a child Michael was watching the parade from one of the balconies above Main Street.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We has 2 sightings, both a long time ago probably the late 80s or early 90s.

The first time we were getting off the tram from the parking lot to the gate at EPCOT and I notice that the man that was sitting next to my wife for the entire ride was Freeman McNeil who at the time was a running back for the New York Jets. He was with his family.

The second was in a small shop on Main Street, near Town Hall. It was just around closing time and the shop was relatively empty. A cast member walks in wearing an outfit that kinda looked like the "Small World" uniform. With her is a man and a woman. The woman was wearing a baseball cap and dark sunglasses (it was nighttime). You can see that the cast member was acting as a guide. The couple shopped as the CM waited by the door. I recognized the woman as Gena Davis. I walked up to their guide very discretely and asked if that was Gena Davis, and she confirmed my suspicion. I took one more quick glance and let them be.
    1130 miles from the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

In May 2004 we were staying at the Disney Beach Club Resort. One morning during breakfast at the Cape May Cafe, we noticed Mariah Carey sitting at a table next to us with several young kids and personal body guards. Whe was gorgeous (I'm keeping the post G-rated), and dressed in a swimsuit bikini with a see-thru robe. After breakfast she signed autographs and talked briefly with other guests in the lobby before leaving the resort in a large white van. Mariah and all the kids were going to Typhoon Lagoon for the day. Many Dads were wishing they were one of the kids invited to swimming with Mariah that day!
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago when eating breakfast at the Grand Floridian cafe, Oprah walked in! People just kind of smiled. The funny thing is, Minnie Mouse came walking in just a couple moments behind her...and all the kids in the restaurant screamed "Minnie!" and went running over to her with their autograph books. I hope Oprah found it amusing that there was someone in there attracting much more attention than her!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Regis Philbin and Rosie O'Donnell at Disney-MGM Studios on the same day.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Default Celebrity encounters

Just look around...celebs are everywhere at WDW. We have seen Sigorney Weaver with her daughter at Animal Kingdom, Hulk Hogan with his family at Polynesian, David Robinson at Rainforest Cafe...just to name a few. So next time you are visiting Disney, just look around...you might have a celebrity encounter. The Queen
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We rode Jungle Cruise with Lindsay Lohan a few years back just my family and hers. Chatting away on her cell phone the entire time not even paying attention.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I saw "Survivor" last year during the Food and Wine festival "Eat to the Beat". Does that count???
    I really enjoyed all of your stories. Before I saw the picture of Michael Jackson, I was going to make a crack about him. Seems you all beat me to it.
    Officially, I haven't seen anyone famous but now I am going to look.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

i can't remember what trip it was....either my 1st or 2nd trip...we saw Ann Jillian filming something near the Castle in MK. (she might have been filming something with Regis Philbin...Live maybe...not sure...don;t remember if he was there or not...we took pics but right now Ann Jillian sticsk out in my mind.

On my last trip we were at Planet Hollywood in April 98....we saw Vanna White (who was pregnant at the time). She was there for a special presentation or something and I remember my parents slowly ordering food so we could stay longer (since we had a prime seat right in front of her) My mom took tons of pictures....we later found out that Vanna had a miscarriage and we jokingly blamed my mom for blinding her with the flash!!
    Jan 1991--Off-site Condo
    Jan 1995--Off-Site Condo
    April 1998- Off-site & Dixie Landings
    Sept 2007- CBR (1st trip with husband...make that BWI...just upgraded 06/06/07...YEAH!!!
    )

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Michael Jackson getting off of Test Track a few years ago. Later, we saw a crowd surrounding one of the bathrooms in EPCOT so we counted that as seeing him twice.
    Sam(antha)

VMK name: Zumop
    PotCO name: Anyanka

Last Disney vacation: WDW June 3-9, 2007 (Old Key West)
    See my homepage for pictures!
    Next Disney vacation: Intercot/VMK Extravaganza 2007 (AKA: The WDW Apocalypse)

"Life is too short to eat bad cheesecake"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pink!

Three years ago my group was leaving the Haunted Mansion when we saw a CM quite offical looking walking towards us holding an umbrella over a woman with alot of her stomach exposed. I had my young children with me at the time and thought "that's not appropriate for Disney" and there was a guy covered in tattoes walking with her. As they got closer I thought "Geez, could she at least smile!" and as we all walked right past her we suddenly recognized her. It was the singer Pink. I had to practically hold back my two younger sister-in-laws from charging at her for autographs. I know it was exciting to see her but I felt like she deserves a vacation too. I didn't recognize the guy til I saw pics of Corey Hart. Must be nice to get your very own CM to shield you from the sun with an umbrella as you walk My only request to future celebs that I see at Disney is "it's the happiest place on earth, people! So smile darnit!
    Michigan Mommy, dreaming of Disney days!

Post Thanks / Like

Britney Spears at MGM...UGH!

She made us late for our reservations at The Brown Derby too.
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

My neice was down Easter week and was on Small World with Brad Garrett and his daughter. She said she saw him several times that week.

Post Thanks / Like

You have all missed the most famous celebrity of all I see him whenever I am there!! MICKEY MOUSE plus all of his friends and buddies.
    Jan-2006-POP
    Mar- 2003-Grand Californian, 2006-AKL
    Apr- 2004-ASM, CS, 2007-POP
    Sept-2005-CR
    Oct- 2005-CR
    Nov-2005-POR
    Dec- 2001-CS, 2002-AKL, 2004-POP, AKL, 2005 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobpfef View Post
    My son and I were getting off BTMR this past Jan when Joakim Noah, the basketball player from the University of Florida was getting off.He was a few cars behind us. Man, he was quite tall and had crazy hair.
    Wow! I would have loved to see that! I love his crazy hair (even though I would dare stand for DH growing his hair out )
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    at the risk of people hating me again for this one.....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...o0bsVg&notag=1
    I would have liked to seen MJ. That was back when he had the ability to make people faint. Don't know if he still does or not but I think I will still like to see him. I still listen to his music at least once a month. You can't deny that the man has talent.
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I met Mickey and Minnie.

While getting off Buzz Lightyear Space Spin and looking at the pictures, we thought one of the men in the pictures looked remarkably like Bob Kraft. Then a VIP tour guide said, "Bob, your picture is over here." My family (being HUGE NE Pats fans) were THRILLED to have our picture taken w/ him and we still have it hanging on our refirgerator.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Aug-Sept, 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    April, 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside
    October, 1997 - Dixie Landings
    February, 1995 - Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

My brother is currently a CM and has seen David Robinson and many of the cast of High School musical. He also got to talk to Emmitt Smith! He didnt care for RNRC only rode it once and said thats enough
    Im sure he has seen many more. I havent seen any I think.....
    Next trip to the World*****Nov. 17-23!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Barry Bonds
    Quote Originally Posted by Boojum View Post
    I literally ran into him outside a restroom in Tomorrowland. He didn't look too happy with me, and I walked quickly away. That dude is very large.
    I had the same experience in 2001. He was in the Stars and Motor Cars Parade, which was no big deal, except my family sat at the very end of the parade route, and they stood beside us to watch, after their car was through. Later that day, we went to the Bakery to get a snack, and he and his entourage literally ran into us, trying to get through a back entrance. He didn't seem to mind, but his bodyguards weren't happy that I was standing in their way.... Not that it should be a problem for a man twice my size!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

In December of 2005, we were in line for the Winnie the Pooh ride, when it was our turn to board they stopped us and had a group of people come up the exit ramp. I thought it was a handicapped person so I paid no attention but then I noticed some men dressed in suits waiting for them at the end of the ride. When we were exiting the ride I noticed that the girl sitting in front of us on the ride was Kelly Preston. I told my husband, look its Kelly Preston and he said whos that!! I said John Travolta's wife, he was like no its not. Wouldnt you know John Travolta was standing right next to us the whole time!
    90-92 FW
    93-00 FWC
    04 WL We got Married at Sunset Point, Poly
    05 PC
    06 SSR
    07 WLV
    08 SSR
    09 SSR (6/7 - 6/14)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: