Quantcast Lost Season 3 - Page 14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking Ben is in the coffin. When Jack was asked if he was "friend or family" he said "neither." But the way he touched the casket made me feel like he was acknowledging something important to the person in the casket. (Maybe I should'nt have left the island?) Who knows.

So are we now going to see flash-forwards? And Jack was pretty animate abhout them needing to get back to the island.

And what about Walt's "powers." The bird hitting the window after seeing it in a book and the polar bear after seeing the comic.

I am wondering if Jack isn't going to have Walt somehow warn them not to leave the island - a kind of going back in time to warn them not leave moment.

These are all my post-show, off the top of my head, scifi theory predictions! Attack at your will!
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I also had guessed either Ben or Locke in the coffin, based on the 'neither friend nor family' comment, coupled with Jack's compulsion to attend the funeral. What a great show. The writers can go anywhere with this whole thing. I'm totally sucked in - and 'lost'!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking it's someone we haven't met yet in the coffin. I was happy with last nights episode. FINALLY we got the action we have been asking for. Hurley saving the day was the best part. Wait no, Sayid breaking that guys neck with his legs was the best part.

I'm really bummed Charlie died. I guess he really believed in Desmond's visions because there were several ways he could've escaped... oh well

So many questions, but for once I do feel satisfied.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And the title of the episode intrigues me too--"Through the Looking Glass". I know the the sub station was called the Looking Glass, but I can't help but think the Alice in Wonderland reference has more meaning than that.
    Darn ABC and their Disney references! Where's Mufasa when you need him! This whole episode made my head spin... Mufasa is so good at conspiracy theories!!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Darn ABC and their Disney references! Where's Mufasa when you need him! This whole episode made my head spin... Mufasa is so good at conspiracy theories!!
    It took me about 30 seconds to realize you were talking about the Intercot member Mufasa, and not the actual character. I was pretty confused for those 30 seconds lol
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Great finale!

The first thing that sprang to mind in the beginning of the episode is that this is the future. Whoever did Jack's hair and makeup rocks because he really looked old and "used". In his flashbacks he always looked trim and healthy.

I think it's going to end up that the island is Jack's Shangri-La ("Lost Horizon"). Once he got home he realized his mistake and it's driven him crazy/suicidal/drugs/alcohol because he can't find it again.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I thought so too, Janie. Jack really did 'age'.

Charlie couldn't open the door or go out the window due to the water pressure. It would be impossible. I wouldn't count him out. Maybe Desmond will swim out and save him. (I'm being optimistic. I really like Charlie.)

Wonderful finale.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but it seems like Charlie closed the door behind him, kind of locking himself in. The door was open when he saw the guy outside the window and he ran and shut the door…kind of in Desmonds face. I was wondering why Charlie didn’t just run out the door to the other side with Desmond. I think he thought it was fate or something.

At first I thought it was Ben in the coffin because of the whole “friends or family” thing. I think he would claim to be friends with any of the other Losties. But it being Sawyer is believable too because I could see Jack saying “neither” about Sawyer since he’s been with the woman he loves. That would mean that Kate didn’t end up with Sawyer and the “he” that she was referring to at the end could be anybody, possibly someone we haven’t met yet. And we don’t know how Sawyer is going to treat Kate in the future which could explain the “why would I go to his funeral” comment. Also, I don’t think Ben would ever leave the island…I think he’s going to live and die there.

It’s cool that Alex and Roussou(sp?) finally met last night! We know that Alex was born on the island so that means that Roussou must’ve gotten pregnant off the island since she didn’t die giving birth to her.
    ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº ºOº
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and i were also talking about Charlie and why he didn't run out of the control room and shut the door then, saving both himself and desmond. We watched the scene a few times, and I think Charlie knew he HAD to stay inside in order to save desmond. If you watch it, he turns some kind of lock and you hear a whooshing noise. We came to the conclusion that in order for the room to be watertight, it had to be sealed and locked from the inside. If this is right, then water would have come through the door if Charlie and Desmond had closed it from the outer room because the watertight seal would not be in place.

This scene also makes Charlie out to be a Christ figure in that as he's floating, the porthole is directly behind his head and is glowing like a halo. So in a way, Charlie came to the realization that he had to sacrifice himself in order to save them all. (But I like Charlie, so I'm hoping that the Christ analogy can continue and he'll pop up later on good as new!)
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

The only element not shown tonight was the RRE and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......How could you miss him ??? He was in several scenes.

Can't wait till next season. More questions. More answers ???
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

And the title of the episode intrigues me too--"Through the Looking Glass". I know the the sub station was called the Looking Glass, but I can't help but think the Alice in Wonderland reference has more meaning than that.
    I saw a screenshot of the emblem on the looking glass station. It looks like a rabbit.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

there had been some speculation that Charlie isn't dead, that he could have swam out of the porthole. But Dominic has confirmed that he has left the show and Charlie is in fact dead. He admitted to not having been happy as of late because Charlie hadn't been featured as much for the past two seasons as he was in the first, and he wanted to pursue other ventures.

I wonder who else got off the island with Jack and Kate. If Desmond's vision came true, after Charlie died Claire and Aaron must have been rescued as well. So who was in the coffin, and who was Kate going back to after her meeting with Jack. Sawyer? Locke? Bernard? An Other or two?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

My theory on why Charlie didn't swim out the porthole is that Desmond said that Charlie HAD to die in order to save Claire and Aaron. In surrendering to it, he believed he was allowing everyone else to be rescued......
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

The Lost producer types stated that they felt Charlie's character had run its course-they could only make him relapse into addiction, which would be boring.

They also wanted to up the ante-thinking he was the biggest character to die so far.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pjbs35a View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......How could you miss him ??? He was in several scenes.
    Nah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't there. Maybe you were watching the show in an alternate universe?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

The only element not shown tonight was the RRE and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it. :p
    Me either Beth and I certainly hope that it doesn't show up in Season 4 (the show and in this discussion).
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

The thought above regarding Charlie having to die to fulfill Desmond's vision makes sense to me. I'll jump on board that one for now. I am not sure the water tight seal is much of an issue. Both of them could have swam out the same way they came in if the entire place flooded. You know, if Desmond saw the grenade happening, makes you wonder why he turned his back on Patchy.
    I could also go with it being Sawyer in the coffin. Maybe something happens that drives a wedge between him, Kate, and Jack.

Final thought is that Desmond saw Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter. That doesn't necessarily mean that either of them get rescued. The other Losties could be getting off a different route. I think Claire and the baby getting on the helicopter may be a bad move for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale View Post
    Me either Beth and I certainly hope that it doesn't show up in Season 4 (the show and in this discussion).
    May it rest in peace with all the other casualties from this week's finale.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale View Post
    Me too.

Sorry, but it's getting old. I actually cringe each time I see it mentioned on here.

But back on topic, I thought the finale was great. But I bet we haven't heard the last of Locke. He may have appeared to have surrendered to Jack calling for help, but I doubt he'll let them go that easily. Plus we still don't know if Ben was telling the truth about the people on the boat wanting to destroy everything on the island. We know it's not Penny's boat, but we don't know if they're good or bad guys.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    Me too.

Sorry, but it's getting old.
    But if I recall correctly, you never liked the RRE to
    begin with...
    I guess he deserves a break for a while, but I wouldn't mind a resurrection at some point in the future. We still have 3 (abbreviated) seasons to go
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: