Quantcast Just Questions--Pirates' Hospital/Cookie Cruise. - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Lord! That was a lot of yappin! Morning everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marlyn View Post
    I just wrote my entire trip report....16 days worth! Happy reading!
    I will go there presently!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Nice to know I've got a spot either way.
    What show are you doing this time Ken?
    You should have seen the "Sponge Bob" knee length boxers that DD found for me to wear. So I was wondering aloud to the cast one evening that if we did the show in London some time, could we say we had "London britches falling down"?
    Great visual...and I love the pun!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Could someone stop by the store and pick some up? (Oh, and I need a pound of $100 bills while you're there. Thanks!)
    How you doin' Ellen? Which store has the $100 bills on sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I'm not having a very good Monday... my car almost got mutilated by a deer. She came out of nowhere and was at my front bumper before I saw her. Luckily (or by Divine protection I believe) she stopped just shy of crossing and waited until I passed her and then she crossed - narrowly missing being slaughtered by the two cars behind me.
    Yikes! My sister and her husband were hit by a deer a couple of years ago -- demolished their car -- but thankfully not them! I am glad that you missed that one -- and I hear you about the gas! It is ridiculous right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    Well, the fever broke, but the headaches have stayed....EVERY DAY. And this morning, she had a lovely red raised prickly rash from head to toe.
    OMG! Is she itchy like with Chicken Pox?!! Poor kid! SHe's been feeling awful for a long time. I hope the meds kick in quickly!
    Also, if my friend and her hubby want some "alone time", can I come VISIT you guys at OKW in October?
    You can hang out with us if you want to Christine.... We'll try to keep up with you! Maybe you and Euan can tire each other out!
    I just read in the paper that they're getting ready to film Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere just upriver from us. Any JQ wenches want me to shanghai Richard Gere for them while he's nearby? I think I can fit him into one of the rum kegs.
    No thanks Ken.... and I read one Nicholas Sparks book and mourn those hours that are lost to me forever! Not enough gore and too much smooching!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Of course, it does slow him down from attending all those senior parties that scare parents so much.
    There's a positive in every situation, eh Jasper? I hope he mends quickly!
    Where is everyone? Where's Nat? Jenn? Everyone else? Are they all standing in line already to see the first showing of Pirates?
    Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Canada. We celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday on the Monday closest to, but not after, May 24th each year. No work and there are usually fireworks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbs35a View Post
    Only a Double Secret Agent working for the CIA and Her Majesties Secret Service.
    James Bond AND Felix Leiter??!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riri529 View Post
    Are you ladies going to make me walk the plank?
    Gosh no Maria! More left for us this way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Well, it's official - we're moved! Yeah!!!
    Yay!! Well done Blythe! Enjoy your new home!!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blythe! I am so glad the move is over! Now for the unpacking...UGH! I have missed you!

We have several JQers MIA right now! And Ellen's call for cookies didn't produce them! You don't think they went overboard do you?

I'll pop up to the crow's nest and eye the waters for a banker in heels, a wench eating popsicles for her sore throat, and the rest.

Hmmmm...how does one GET to the crow's nest??
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I just read in the paper that they're getting ready to film Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere just upriver from us. Any JQ wenches want me to shanghai Richard Gere for them while he's nearby? I think I can fit him into one of the rum kegs.
    Nah..thanks anyway...Richard Gere just doesn't cut it for me. Just let me keep Orlando!

Hi all! How is everyone? Sorry I haven't had time to be on line much again. In addition to dealing with my own pain issues, now my 18 year old son just tore all the ligaments in his left ankle while playing basketball over the weekend!

What really makes this bad is that he graduates high school this comeing Friday! Needless to say there are a million things he was suppose to do this week and now can't. Of course, it does slow him down from attending all those senior parties that scare parents so much.
    Hey Jasper! Sorry to hear about your son. Hope his ankle heals quickly! Good luck with the graduation. My brother broke his hand right before he graduated. Looked funny in his cast.
    Guys, scroll through these pictures and see what this strep virus has done to my poor baby! It is breaking my heart! Is this not pitiful?
    Sorry to hear about Olivia! Poor little girl! At least now she is finally getting the meds she needed. Hope she gets better quickly! Prayers & pixie dust heading her way. Man, are we all falling apart or what????

Shanghai away! Richard Gere is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest men alive!! Sorry ladies, but I think his "maturity" beats out Orlando's "boyish charm" any day.
    Are you ladies going to make me walk the plank?
    Nope...don't have to walk the plank..you can have Mr. Gere. I prefer the "boyish charm"! But, for the comment, you have to get the monkey to tell us where he hid the rum.

Morning all!!!! I woke up to the smell of fresh baked cookies. Had to come say hi. Also, saw some person trying to climb into the crow's nest. Hmmmmm... won't be on much this week since I am back at work now. Last night went o.k. Throat was raw by the time I got home. Hopefully that goes away with time. Everyone kept hugging me & telling me how much they missed me. Do you think it was because I wound up doing most of the work yesterday?
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Who just won the Preakness ???
    A horse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Brian hauled about 2 yards of triple mix for me today..... our front perennial gardens look quite nice already! Anyone have a lilac to plant under the bay in the dining room?
    I have some hostas would that work?
    Lynne, read all your trip reports and really enjoyed them. That was really nice that you all got to be there with your parents for their 50th anniversary. Tell your dad I'm a model railroader too (although in planning only at theis point--lots of rolling stock, building kits and track but no layout).

Did you all think I'd forget my question?
    My Mom and step dad have trains in their backyard..which is odd what with the snow and all.

I think I need to slow down. I'm VP of governmental affairs (get your minds out of the gutter) for our chamber and at 10:00 I was supposed to do opening intros for a county-wide transportation update the chamber puts on each year. So, there I was at 9:30 talking to my secretary about how the show went this weekend, when she said, "Aren't you supposed to be hosting some kind of chamber thing this morning?" Fast forward to me rushing to the house to put on something a little more formal (including better shoes, Nat) and rushing out to the place where the presentation was held. At least everything is pretty close together, so I made it with time to spare. Now for some lunch and back to work.
    I've done that..funniest was going to a "grand opening" as the banker me and not the chamber me. The local MP (like a congressman or senator) thought I was the chamber me...and my DS just wanted the donuts. But in either case the shoes are crucial.

Where's Nat today? There's a thread that needs her attention over at the Water Cooler. In fact, where are a lot of people??? Calling all JQers, calling all JQers! Hot cookies, fresh out of the oven!
    I was enjoying a long weekend..and will go check it out thanks!!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Di, have you thought of getting the reports and talking with your local representative? We've done that around here and now have speed bumps on certain roads and 3 or 4 way stop signs on really bad corners. Good luck with it!

If you find the rum, I could use some. Last week I had to drive into the city for that photo shoot and my car got hit by a bike messenger while I was stopped in traffic. Besides scaring me, he broke my left rear-view mirror (which will cost at least $250 to repair). I was scared, upset and mad all at the same time.

Di, you're not winning today with Ken, are you? I don't think you're going to do well with the gray-haired comment either. Breathe deep, open mouth, take out foot. And here, have a cookie!
    Yeah, we've gone to the paper and they did a cover story about the curve... the city did come out and paint those raised bumpy lines on the road...whooppee.... all that does is make noise - does nothing to slow the people down.

Sorry to hear about your mirror. Ouch! $250 - I gotta ask - how could someone on a bike do that kind of damage?

And yeah... I'm striking out with Ken... so please pass all the cookies you've got and I'll fill my mouth full so I'll be unable to 'insult' him further

So you're saying you're put off by the grey pallor us old guys have? I'll have you know I've earned this putty-like look. Harrrrumph.

Did I mention I'm playing "Father" in "Children of Eden"? I think you can Google the title and see what that entails. Apparently no other old guys (ahem) who can sing showed up.
    Um, actually Ken, that grey pallor makes you look quite 'distinguished'.. yeah, that's a good word!

I won't even comment about your 'old guys' comment... I'll just say - congrats on the role of "Father"....

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post

Sorry to hear your day was so rough, Di - I'm hoping tomorrow's better, with no crazy deer OR drivers!!

Well, I hope you all have a good day tomorrow, with not too much work, no accidents or wayward animals... I'm looking forward to being on from home again! (Once I can find the office... )
    Glad to hear you got all moved in... sorry to hear about your aches and pains. Hope your body recovers quickly and you get all settled in!

Thanks! No deer or crazy drivers last night or today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    Yikes! My sister and her husband were hit by a deer a couple of years ago -- demolished their car -- but thankfully not them! I am glad that you missed that one -- and I hear you about the gas! It is ridiculous right now!

Yesterday was Victoria Day here in Canada. We celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday on the Monday closest to, but not after, May 24th each year. No work and there are usually fireworks!
    Yeah, I know several people who have had run ins with deer and the results have never been pretty.. so I am very thankful I missed that one.

Happy belated Victoria Day to you! Hope you enjoyed the day!

We have several JQers MIA right now! And Ellen's call for cookies didn't produce them! You don't think they went overboard do you?

I'll pop up to the crow's nest and eye the waters for a banker in heels, a wench eating popsicles for her sore throat, and the rest.

You get to the crow's nest by going 'straight as the crow flys'....

Hmmmm... if a call for cookies didn't bring them out - think we can round up the female JQ'rs with this call? -

"CAP'N JACK AND WILL ARE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ROMANCE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?"
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

How come we're only getting like 3 posts on a page now?

Christine, you were asking about the family? Yes, we're all much more healthy now, thanks. I've still got a tickle cough that settles in more at night, but easily treated with a dose of cough medicine, or not, if I forget.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! It's absolutely gorgeous here and was "this close" to pulling my daughter out of school so we could hit the links. But she has practice today after school so at least she'll get to hit some.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Scott is this better?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Blythe! Glad you're settling into your new house. Do you want any help decorating? We can always drain a few bottles of rum for you.

Follow the monkey.

Sorry to hear about your mirror. Ouch! $250 - I gotta ask - how could someone on a bike do that kind of damage?
    The bike messenger ran his bike straight into the mirror, thank you very much. Thank goodness I didn't have my hand resting on the open window and that the shattering mirror didn't cut him or me. The whole side rearview mirror comes as one unit and it costs upwards of $250 (I had to replace the right one last year).

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Scott is this better?
    Huh???

So is anyone else going to see POTC:AWE Thursday night? I'm fighting off an infection (in my right leg once again) and am praying that they won't hospitalize me for IV antibiotics (it does look slightly better than yesterday and my breathing is no longer affected)... I'm focused on being at that theatre Thursday at 8:00.

to our second generation ailing JQers! Hope that they're both feeling better for their Friday festivities!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper, to your son! Hope he can still attend graduation!
    Oh, I can guarantee you he will attend graduation even if I have to carry him across that stage!! We have all worked too hard getting him to this point not to see him graduate!! Seriously though, he is on crutches and may have to go that way, but nothing short of being dead was going to keep him from attending. He does have to do therepy 3 times this week and ice and heat his ankle alternately for the first week or so. The doc said that if he does that he would allow him to walk into the ceremony and across the stage without crutches as long as he can stand the pain.

Does anyone want to throw some money my way to pay for his therapy bills? I assume Ken has some sort of discount philanthropy service set up for just this sort of thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone want to throw some money my way to pay for his therapy bills? I assume Ken has some sort of discount philanthropy service set up for just this sort of thing?
    Yes, DDPS is having a special on physical therapy philanthropy this week. All of those in our $400,000 and over giving circle are entitled to a 10% discount.

It's been mighty quiet in here today. What's up with that?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtown71 View Post
    Nah..thanks anyway...Richard Gere just doesn't cut it for me. Just let me keep Orlando!

Nope...don't have to walk the plank..you can have Mr. Gere. I prefer the "boyish charm"! But, for the comment, you have to get the monkey to tell us where he hid the rum.
    If I knew where the monkey hid the rum, I'd be drunk! I may be a bit crazy, but I know I'm sober.

Has anyone searched the crows nest? I think monkeys are pretty good climbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone searched the crows nest? I think monkeys are pretty good climbers.
    Last I checked, Christine was trying to follow the little critter up there. I don't think her surgeon would approve though, would he?
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=disneydrmr;

"CAP'N JACK AND WILL ARE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ROMANCE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?" [/QUOTE]

Definitely
    Did we look in the galley for the rum? Maybe the monkey got hungry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Namine' View Post
    Definitely
    Did we look in the galley for the rum? Maybe the monkey got hungry.

I just got finished in the galley and it isn't in there either. So the question, "Wher'did the rum go?"
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Who is going to Orlando Wednesday through Friday ???
    Who is staying at Downtown Disney ???
    Who will not have time to go to the parks ???
    Who can resist such temptation ???

Only a Double Secret Agent working for the CIA and Her Majesties Secret Service.

Did you guess me ??? If so, you were wrong. I got a telephone call this afternoon from the attorney that I was going to meet, cancelling the trip. Maybe he will re-schedule the meeting for early October !!!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm... if a call for cookies didn't bring them out - think we can round up the female JQ'rs with this call? -

"CAP'N JACK AND WILL ARE LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ROMANCE!!! ANYONE INTERESTED?"
    Cookies?? Did I say I showed up for cookies?? I really meant that I was waiting for THIS kind of invitation! (Glad my DH hasn't joined in yet... of course, he'd just laugh at me... )

Welcome back, Blythe! Glad you're settling into your new house. Do you want any help decorating? We can always drain a few bottles of rum for you.
    So is anyone else going to see POTC:AWE Thursday night?
    I'd LOVE some help! And I'll even volunteer to help drain the rum!!
    I wish we were going to see POC this wknd... but we're waiting until a couple of wknds from now.

I'm back at work tonight - feeling a LOT better than I did last night. I was SO tired after the wknd... but sleeping today helped, even without curtains. (Well, I hung up our robes in the windows - how's that for a decorating touch??) Hopefully, I'll get the curtains up tomorrow.

So - where is everybody? Are there a bunch of you hanging out with the rum in the crow's nest? Save me a spot - or at least a bottle!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

(hiccup) who's looking fur tha rrrummm? (hiccup) I thinks me foun' it.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Be careful and make sure you don't out of the crow's nest! Got any bottles left that aren't empty?? (No, I won't drink them here at work... just setting myself up for a fun wknd... )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    I hope there is still enough rum to go around. Now where are the cookies? Are they chocolate macadamia ?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I was missing in action. Well, inaction anyway!

No health issues with us humans here but our new Fridge was another matter. It died on us! Fortnately we have two and are now waiting for an engineer. The company that made it said you were not supposed to put two fridges side by side but nowhere in their literature did it say this. Ventilation isn't blocked or anything but apparantly they have clever (or not so clever!) sensors inside that confuse each other.

Today we are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary so I may not be around much. We are going out for a meal tonight and will probably be going off for a drive around during the day and maybe a bit of shopping! Our new settee arrived early yesterday so we have decided that is our anniversary present even if it isn't china!

Who drank all the rum and who ate the monkey?
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: