Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 30

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

FINALLY!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky
    If the final three isn't Blake, Melinda, and Jordin, something went terribly wrong.
    No need to panic ... everything's fine!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Good gravy... Barry Gibb was AWFUL!!! I apologize to any Barry fans but he sounded terrible! Yikes.

I have to say I am thrilled with the results. My boy is still in it and that's all that matters.

I can't believe I wished Michael Bolton was singing that song instead of Barry Gibb.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a great final three. Blake's really going to have to work to stay in there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Have you purchased Elliott's album? I like a lot of the songs on it. I don't like his new haircut though... but his voice is still amazing.
    Yes, I bought it -- I still have to get the whole thing downloaded. You might not like his hair, but his teeth are awesome

As for Barry, he walked and stood like a man in a lot of pain. So I did a search and found an article that is easy to find if you want to read it --

"Bee Gee Barry Gibb talks for the first time about living with the crippling pain of arthritis which once threatened to end his career".
    (By David Wigg, The Mirror, March 24, 2001)"

So in light of what I read, I would bet that he takes steroids when he has really bad attacks. I had a dear friend once, who was an employee of mine, and I could tell when her lupus was acting up and she was on steroids, her face would swell and her voice would get very much like his. It's very, very sad!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also happy with the final 3. I was a little worried about Blake leaving after the night before, but things worked out. I think the final two will be Jordin and Melinda, and I'm giving the slight edge to Jordin to win.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

If I was a betting man, I would lay large money on Blake making the final two over Melinda.

From all accounts, he's been leading the vote totals. Rumor has it he even edged out Jordin this week in terms of total votes received.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    If I was a betting man, I would lay large money on Blake making the final two over Melinda.

From all accounts, he's been leading the vote totals. Rumor has it he even edged out Jordin this week in terms of total votes received.

Agreed. I think that Melinda is getting boring and Jordin has had many rough nights. Blake seems to have more all around talent. I think he has more than the other two.

My thing with Jordin is... she's been a model (yes, a real model) and she's done lots of other singing competitions (I think she was on America's Got Talent.. or Most Talented Kid.. or something like that). To me, she's had the exposure and she doesn't need to win to do well. She has an unfair advangtage in my book. I had the same issue with Lisa Tucker last season. She was on BROADWAY for crying out loud? Plus her family was loaded... why was she on AI anyway?
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Who wants to hear the latest conspiracy theory??

So if you noticed, Ryan never announced last night that it was a "Bottom two" just that everyone was safe. So people think that they put Blake there to scare his fanbase into voting even more next week to ensure he beats Melinda. Then hypothetically Jordin would pick up all Melinda's votes, and would win. It is pretty clear they want Jordin to win at this point, that's for sure. She got the final spot 3 times in the top 9 and never once had to go 1st (Considered by some to be the Dead Man's Spot).

I think that she does shreik at times but that can be worked on. She's got great raw talent and I wouldn't mind if she won. At this point, for the first time, I can say that I don't truly dislike anyone in the top 3. I just hope Blake stays in there till the end
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a Blake/Jordin finale show. Those two have been my favorites for a long time.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I would love to see a Blake/Jordin finale show. Those two have been my favorites for a long time.

I agree! I would be very happy with that finale!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I just don't get Blake. If he didn't have the BeatBox gimick I don't think he would still be around. His voice is not that strong. Compare him to Ruben, Clay, Bo, Hicks or Daughtrey, other males who have made it this far, and he does not stack up. Just my opinion.

I would like to see Jordin and Melinda in the finals. Then I would not care who won out of those two.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    I thought he sounded like he had a sock in his mouth.

What was with that??
    Didn't notice the new set of choppers in his mouth ? If anyone can remember back when Johnny Carson got plates ,he sounded just like that , with a slurry kind of speech. It makes the mouth area bulge out . It definately affected his vocal performance.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say ,Melinda will win this in the final against Jordin. Blake will be done in by a wave of traditionalist voting next week.

Let me qualify that statement by saying that Blake is easily the most original song stylist ,of anyone ,in this years competition. He also has the biggest fan following. But , as has been proven in past seasons , that doesn't automatically put you in the finals ( Ace , Constantine , Chris D. , etc. ) . If he is to have any chance on Tuesday ,he's going to have to come up with a blow - out showstopper. But, just like Daughtry ,last season ,his stubborness to hold tight to his personal style , will not allow him to win it. Forget what Paula ,Randy ,and Cowell say at this point. You have to show the full spectrum of your range now. They talk out of both sides of their mouths - "be yourself " - "oops, you were yourself ,but you ruined the song" .

If this is truly a contest about vocal talent , then Melinda will win it (in a close one )over Jordin. And it will be mainly because she has the more mature voice ,at this point in her career.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    His voice is not that strong. Compare him to Ruben, Clay, Bo, Hicks or Daughtrey, other males who have made it this far, and he does not stack up. Just my opinion.
    Honestly I don't think we've really seen what Blake can do. He certainly doesn't have Clay's range, maybe not even Daughtry's but I think he can rival Bo and Hicks. They weren't known as much for their range as they were for their tone and showmanship. Go bake to some of Blake's earlier performances and I think he showed better range. I think his voice is beautiful and strong in Somewhere Only We Know and in Virtual Insanity he did a great job of singing out and jumping to his falsetto. His falsetto is actually pretty good when he supports it. If you listen to the pure vocals of You Should Be Dancing, after the first verse his falsetto was on pitch and pretty strong.

The true test comes tomorrow. He is set to sing the national anthem at the Mariners/Yankees game during their homecoming. No way you can beat box through that.

And I definitely think Jordin would beat Melinda in the finale barring a major meltdown. I do think Melinda has the more polished (and better) voice but Jordin has spunk and is more appealing overall.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know how they do it all. For those who have never sang in front of large crowds, or don't have the ears to hear their own off-notes, lemme tell ya how hard it is do train for a perfect performance in a week.

When I solo, I practice hard for a month so there will be no off notes, so I know the music and the words and the notes inside and out. It isn't as easy as it appears. On top of that, they have to make the videos, do the group number and do all the other stuff the producers throw at them. It is unbelievably difficult. Most of the superstars out there would have troubles doing this.

Sure I can sing something "off the cuff" -- and it might sound good but not great. To sound great I have to work it to death.

If the same people who heard me sing after a months practice (the ones who tell me I should try out) were to hear me up on the Idol stage after a week? They would be the ones voting for me as part of Vote for the Worst.

In my book, all the singers are . The process is just too nasty to make the overwhelming majority of awesome singers shine.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    When I solo, I practice hard for a month so there will be no off notes, so I know the music and the words and the notes inside and out. It isn't as easy as it appears. On top of that, they have to make the videos, do the group number and do all the other stuff the producers throw at them. It is unbelievably difficult. Most of the superstars out there would have troubles doing this.
    Good points LibertyTreeGal. The producers do put them through a lot druing a week. I've heard them say they are going 7 days a week. I think they usually shoot the Ford commercials on Sunday. I'm not a singer, but I have played music, and I understand the work it takes to get a good performance.

I talked to one of my former co-workers in Arizona yesterday. They were having a Jordin Sparks day there. I guess Idol was shooting the hometown visits for next week's show. She's become pretty popular there since no other AZ Idol contestant has made it so far in the competition.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I am also happy with the final three but I am definitly pulling for Jordin to win. She is the only one that I enjoy listening to every week. She is just amazing!! But all of them really do have a lot of talent.
    Dec '00 - offsite
    July '06 - offsite
    July '12 - Pop Century!!

"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

Liberty Tree Gal, excellent points! I was in choirs growing up and we practiced songs for months. Think about all the professional entertainers out there. Sure they sing at least an hours worth of material but they had plenty of time to perfect the songs in the recording studio and then rehearse for tour.

These kids get a handful of days to learn these songs and "perfect'' them while trying to handle the Idol media blitz at the same time. Yesterday for example they all had hometown visits. Blake was the most busy- he did a morning show with a performance and interview, radio interview, two mini concerts and a hometown parade, and sang the anthem at the Mariners game. Melinda and Jordin both had plenty of interviews and rallies and such as well. When they get back they have to shop for their outfits, do studio recordings of their songs, practice with the band, and of course film the Ford music video.

All that being said I am sure they are still having the time of their lives, it's just hard to never get a chance to rest their voices. For instance, last year Kat had to get a steroid injection because her voice was shot before the finale.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Default Song Spoilers

These were announced to the public but I will tag them anyway

These are the judge's picks. Remember this week the contestants all sing 3 songs. One is the judges pick, one is Clive Davis' pick, and the third is the contestant's choice.

# Simon Cowell chose Jordin Sparks’ song- “Wishing on a Star” by Rose Royce.
    # Paula Abdul chose Blake Lewis’s song–”Roxanne” by the Police.
    # Randy Jackson chose Melinda Doolittle’s song, “I Believe in You and Me” by Whitney Houston
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! FYI I'll be in WDW for a week starting tomorrow with no internet access so I won't be posting any spoilers or recaps this week. I won't even be able to see the show till I get back! It is gonna kill me haha.
    I'm having someone text me Blakes number so I can send a few votes his way, I guess I'll have to ask that person to text me who got voted off as well.

Go Blake!!!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: