Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 28

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    I have yet to hear someone say that they didn't like Blake's performance . . .
    Let me be the second.
    I fall into Simon's "Hate it catagory". I don't want to hear a guy make noises with his mouth - just play the drums for drums and sing the song.

I will admit to being "old school" though (as in an old guy). My daughter, age 16, loved Blake's rendition; I kept my mouth shut.
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Some random thoughts ......

Phil has picked up massive support in recent weeks ,so I don't look for him to go home tonight. To me ,he did the most justice to a Bon Jovi song.

Poor Jordin was in a tad over her head. The lead-in absolutely buried her. The chorus was not bad , though. She just isn't a rocker.

Let me join the minority here on Blake. The beat boxing , hip hop thing just doesn't fly with any Bon Jovi song. The chorus was decent ,and he still retained his identity ,but the extra junk was so distracting , for me. Don't get me wrong ,I really like Blake's style ,but not everything has to be " your way ". He could have rocked out ,and still nailed it. He is not going home ,however.

Lakisha really , really tried this week. She even showed some spark of personality , before , during , and after her song. She definately picked the right song. I think it may not be enough to save her or Chris............................................. .............................

who will definately go this week. His voice is very limited. Rock is not his thing. It was , however , better than most of his performances.

Melinda can sing anything. She will win American Idol.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

My boyfriend doesn't like Blake's gimmick. He thinks that he has an OK voice but that beatboxing is "so 15 years ago" and calls Blake a "tool."
    I think he's just jealous

Don't get me wrong ,I really like Blake's style ,but not everything has to be " your way ".
    I have to come to his slight defense here and point out that, for the most part, Blake HAS been singing songs straight through. He did a slight beatbox in some of the intros, and with 2 songs in the top 24 that almost had a beatboxing break built in with the song (311 and Jamiroqui) but other than that he hasn't had things his way.

But I completely get that some people just don't care for that style of music and that's cool. However I'm really surprised that the majority of the reviews I've been reading have indeed been positive.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEDTOPIA View Post

Let me join the minority here on Blake. The beat boxing , hip hop thing just doesn't fly with any Bon Jovi song. The chorus was decent ,and he still retained his identity ,but the extra junk was so distracting , for me. Don't get me wrong ,I really like Blake's style ,but not everything has to be " your way ". He could have rocked out ,and still nailed it. He is not going home ,however.
    I have to agree with everything you said about the other contestants except this. I'm biased to Blake. I'll get that out of the way right now. But, I feel like no matter who it is... they shouldn't feel pigeon holed to sing that song just as the original person performed it. Otherwise, everything would be very karaoke. He hasn't done the beat boxing in so long that everyone got used to just hearing him "sing." I think that his beat boxing is a unique talent and has a time and place. I must say that I think last night was a great choice because it was him just stepping up his game and showing his versatility.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Phil Went DOOOOOOOOOOOWNNN in a Blaze of Glory!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I hope Chris is next....
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    Phil Went DOOOOOOOOOOOWNNN in a Blaze of Glory!!!
    I was thinking last night what a great elimination song that was... And Phil really did have the best sing-out that I can remember. Glad Chris is gone.

That Bon Jovi song?

And next week is boogie night? And won't they sing 2 songs next week? I dunno about that one...
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Blake---nope, did not like it at all. Don't like the beat boxing at all. In fact, I did not think the parts he actually sang were good either. I would love to see him go home!

I like Jordan the best overall and I like Lekiesha. I don't understand the lack of stage presence thing either...I mean her style of song and the way she sings does not require a lot of movement and activity on stage a siple elegance is all that has been required. I would love to see them as the last twp standing...but I don't think it's going to happen. I am predicitng Jordan and either Melinda or Blake...don't know which I'd rather becasue I don't like Blake at all and I don't think Melinda is American Idol-esque.

I guess only time will tell!

BTW---Bon Jovi does often blast around here!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I'm a bit bummed about Phil. He was by no means the greatest, and he had some shaky weeks, but I always liked him. Being the sap that I am, I got a little teary-eyed watching him leave. He's a good guy.

So glad Chris is gone! But I wish Lakisha had been the other to get booted. I just don't connect with her at all. (Though I am jealous she got to kiss Simon. That was the most personality she's shown all season!)

GO BLAKE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was almost right. I thought it would be either Phil or Chris along with Jordin but I'm happy with the results. I like Jordin, and I'm glad she will be around for another week.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

This was a tough week. It was great to see everyone step up their game, but I am definitely rooting for either Blake or Jordin!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

America got this one half right. It should have been Chris and Lakisha. Phil had come on so strong in the last few weeks and Lakisha just continued to be as much fun as drying paint.

Although at the end of the day we all know Phil wasn't quite good enough to win it all, so it probably doesn't matter. If Lakisha had gone this week Phil would have gone next week.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Admit it, you all would have loved to see how Sanjaya performed a Bon Jovi song.

Jodrin should win the whole thing. She is the best out of all of them.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well ****

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I have to say, I'm a bit bummed about Phil. He was by no means the greatest, and he had some shaky weeks, but I always liked him. Being the sap that I am, I got a little teary-eyed watching him leave. He's a good guy.
    GO BLAKE!!!!!
    I teared up too. I thought he was classy and he wife was just too cute for words being there and supporting him each week. I thought he had done really well the last 3 weeks. I'll miss him around. Also thought he sang GREAT last night, as he was leaving-darn it!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Melinda wins!! I just really like her and she has paid her dues, I guess I get scared of the Britney effect on a 17 yo. I missed Annie Lennox last week, ahhhh! I love her!!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked what Blake did with that song--it was original and entertaining to me from beginning to end. I think he needs to stand out like that at every performance from here on out. Even if he doesn't win the competition, he will be carving out a niche for himself in the music industry.

I enjoyed all the performances on Bon Jovi night, except for Chris', which sounded like nails on a chalkboard to me. Out of the four that are left, I can see Melinda winning (she really is extremely versatile and talented), but I actually think that Blake and Jordin are more marketable.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I'm bummed too, Emily. I was sobbing (but that has a lot to do with my state of mind right now). Seeing his Navy buds there with him, how he and his wife interact, and then the other contestants as he finished his song - got me tearing up now thinking about it. I will really miss Phil!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I'm bummed too, Emily. I was sobbing (but that has a lot to do with my state of mind right now). Seeing his Navy buds there with him, how he and his wife interact, and then the other contestants as he finished his song - got me tearing up now thinking about it. I will really miss Phil!
    I'm so glad to see I wasn't the only one crying buckets. When they showed him missing the birth of his daughter again I totally lost it.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I love Phil. I always knew he wouldn't win, but I have liked him personally the best since his audition.

I sobbed buckets too

I am not emotionally attached to any of the others, even though they may be more talented.

I pray he gets a country record out there soon!
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't cry for Phil but I was close! I didn't expect to be that touched. It was a great sing-off.

Question:
    Has anyone else checked out the American Songwriters competition? Supposedly, the public rates 20 finalist songs and then they might use the top song as the "coronation" song. I'm going on record right now saying that I've despised every winning song- A Moment Like This, Flying Without Wings, Believe, Inside Your Heaven... Taylor's Do I Make You Proud was a tad better, but the song that Kat had was

Anyways, these songs are no better. In fact, "If I'm being honest" (little Simon moment there) they are all snoozers and half of them sound like the same song. Very disappointing. I think that the Idols themselves should work with songwriters as it gets close to the end to try to come up with something that is GOOD and suitable to the individual who is performing it.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Song Spoilers courtesy of USA Today:

Blake:
    You Should Be Dancing
    This is Where I Came In

Melinda:
    Love You Inside Out
    How Can You Mend a Broken Heart (I think. The article goes through every song they considered. I think these were the final 2 though)

Lakisha:
    Stayin Alive
    Run to Me

Jordin:
    To Love Somebody (anyone remember Clay doing this in season 2? amazing)
    Woman In Love

~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: