Quantcast Overlooked "things" that are must see or must do's for you - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse View Post

The super cheap alley gift shop and the really interesting parrot show are wonderful. I could spend forever in that gift shop!

I keep posting to this post becasue I am so excited about my upcomming trip!!!

Anyway, where is the super cheap gift shop? (Always )
    Walt was ˝ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They were there in early October when I was there. I think they are easy to miss, especially if there is a crowd. They are outside, built into a landscaped hillside. If there were a lot of people crowding around the railing, you would never even notice them.

Spartanburg, South Carolina - 8 Hours away from WDW!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This may be a little weird, but the que for Philharmagic really sets the mood for me. Not the line, but the room where you get the glasses. The lighting and atmosphere just seems so far from the reality of everyday life...not that every day life is bad, but a nice break from the norm.
    30 Visits from 1986 thru 2007
    Resorts -
    All Star Music
    All Star Movies
    All Star Sports
    Caribbean Beach Club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Boardwalk Inn
    Wilderness Lodge
    DtD Grosvenor
    DtD Courtyard(now the Holiday Inn)
    DtD Doubletree
    DtD Hilton
    Marriot World Center

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to say the Oasis in Animal Kingdom, first thing in the morning. It's fun just to meander through while everyone else rushes off to the rides and doesn't even look at the different animals through there. Also we like to walk the trails around the Tree of Life and find as many carved animals as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Actually Stopping to smell the roses makes everything more enjoyable

I find i appreciate it more when i do see the things tucked away.

Here are some more-

Walking from the Beach club or Boardwalk to Epcot- take the Lower path near the water-
    No crowd, quiet and a very different view of Epcot-

At Magic Kingdom- if you can get to Tom Sawyer island early enough before the crowds come. You have alot of time in between boatloads...My kids love the fort

I agree the tea Garden at Epcot is great, very calm..

At the Wilderness lodge- waking up and taking the walk to fort Wilderness is a wildlife adventure- deer, armadillo, birds, rabbits, pheasant etc...

Hall of Presidents too- its never too crowded, but cool and great to see
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    I keep posting to this post becasue I am so excited about my upcomming trip!!!

Anyway, where is the super cheap gift shop? (Always )
    Here's a brief discription...
    Mickey's Mart-"Everything Ten Dollars and Under"
    Unique gifts, surprise grab bags and highlighted item of the week, all at value pricing

As far as where it is... I do believe that it is next to Rainforest Cafe (kind of) and across from the Gourmet Pantry in the Marketplace. Hopefully I got this right... if I did not somenoe please correct me!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Just sitting by the wishing well in MK taking in the sites and smells!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

if you have kids then you can go to any store i think and find this like hidden mickey book to where they can look for those mickies everywhere rides hotels...etc

Post Thanks / Like

We love Rafiikis Planet Watch in AK.It's one of those overlooked attractions .First you take the train ride to Conservation Station and then you walk a real peaceful path to a small museum that has all kinds of neat things to see and hear.Take the time to enjoy this attraction,you won't be sorry.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

I love to get a margarita in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot, then walk over to Future World, find a shady spot, sit and listen to the music.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

One overlooked thing that I never thought would be overlooked is the monorail. I had some friends that went to WDW and never rode it. I haven't been since I was a kid but that will definitely be something I do early and often during my trip. I must say it was always one of my favorite "rides". I also plan to drive to Magic Kingdom at least once so I can ride the parking lot tram. My brother and I always had so much fun trying to remember where we parked. and yes, in case you are wondering, I AM very easily entertained!!
    I'm just so excited to finally be going back to WDW after so many years.... 22 Days!!!
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battle beast View Post
    Are they new? I don't recall them when I went in October...

Hmm, I really have to check this out now!
    No, they're not new.....they have been there for a while. If you are walking through WS and the lake is on your left the train exhibit would be on your right as you get to the German pavilion. Just look for a bunch of little kids (some big ones too) congregating and that's probably it.....There is a black railing that goes in front of it and there is also a little pathway between the village that is set up. DS could spend HOURS there......I mean HOURS!!!!

We also have started to walk through the rose garden at MK below the castle.....there are really no people that are around, so we stop and smell quite a few roses on our walk!!

TTA is also a place we enjoy! DS even calls it the People Mover.....he likes to see all of Tomorrowland.

I could go on and on.....our whole trip we do things out of the ordinary along with the ordinary!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

i love the walk around canada.

also the walk around the far reaches of morrocco - i find i can really lose myself in there, pretending that i really am far away, and NOBODY is ever there. you can go inside all the doors (there's a house, a little art museum), and it's cool and quiet. so many doorways. i love it.

the last time i was at mgm, i stayed pretty late after it closed, just walking around and enjoying the magical atmosphere. it was awesome, and nobody asked me to leave until i had been there for about an hour.

walking the torchlit paths at the polynesian is great at night. their beach is always empty then, and they have hammocks you can relax in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A different kind of must see

Mr. Toad in the Pet Cemetery at Haunted Mansion.
    I like my rice pudding at Kringla Bakery in Norway.
    Or watermelon slushy next to the villians store on the way to Tower of Terror! I want one now!
    4.19.02- Baked for the mouse
    2002-Baked at Epcot’s Food and Wine
    11.13.02- Took a Norwalk Virus Disney Cruise
    6.20.04-Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion/ Reception at Boardwalk
    Old Key West:My Home
    "But father...I'm indecent" C.O.P.

Post Thanks / Like

one thing I love to do is eat at the sleepy hollow at the MK. this is pretty common but its always a must for me.
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should try a candied apple from the villians store at mgm they are excelent! plus its the funnest thing cause mom will only eat alittle bit of it but she always takes a picture of me with the red stuff from chin to forehead!
    You can't take the sky from me

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure everyone will think I'm weird, but I'm a people watcher & one of my favorite things is to be the first one up, go to the food court & grab a couple of cups of coffe & sit by the pool in the morning. I love to watch everyone starting their day. All three times that we've stayed at Pop, there is a family of ducks. They swim in the pool every morning before the man that cleans the pool encourages them to leave. I always find my self talking to other guests & enjoy watching the other early risers & the CM's going about with their jobs. It's such a quiet and peacful way for me to start the day - before all the hustle & bustle begins!

As a family - we've discovered that we love using the water transportation! We did this for the first time on our trip last year - we actually used the boats three times & thought it was such a different & beautiful view & put a different perspective on the lay of the land or "World" should I say?!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Exploring the home resort on the arrival day is a must. No need to get to a park that day, for as far as I'm concerned, the resorts are wonderful attractions themselves.

I don't know if it is overlooked, but wine and a pastry from France is a must for me.

Some attractions like Country Bears, Tiki Room, and CoP are perhaps taken for granted too.
    i love cop and tiki room, but i dont think ive been to country bears since before my honeymoon, so my wife and kids have never seen it, it will be on my must do list for our trip in sept
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never done this before, but on our next trip my mother had me make adrs at ohana righ before wishes, from what she tells me you can watch the fireworks and they play all the music from the show, i cant wait
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Liverpool, but we'd rather be in Disneyworld
    Post Thanks / Like

First Post Ever!
    On our last trip, my wife and I threw away what was left of our dignity (not sure how much we had to start with...), and did all the Kidcot stops in WS. We got a mask each, which we sat and coloured in a bit in each of the first few countries (until they were completed masterpieces ), collected the "dangle" things and stamps for each country! We even got our names written in exotic languages!

It was a fantastic way to see world showcase, and meet people from each country, and of course we still have the masks- souvenirs with real memories that money can't buy!

Oh, and it's FREE!
    We wanna go to Disneyworld!!!!

Jan 2009 ASMu for double birthday celebration!!!
    May 2008 AS Sports
    Nov 2007 Disneyland Paris
    Jan/Feb 2007 ASM
    Sep/Oct 2005 AKL Honeymoon (and 1st trip!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: