Quantcast Tinderfreaks trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tinderfreaks trip report

Just returned last night. I will try to make this brief but I am a bit chatty so I'll do my best.
    Cast Just me and DH no kids on this trip.

Thursday 4/26
    We were up and on our way to Portland ME Jetport by 5:00 to catch our 7:00 flight to Atlanta. When we arrived in Atlanta we had to sit on the plane and wait for a gate to open up, then some woman decided that she could not wait to use the restroom so we had to actually wait for her to finish and buckle back up before we could proceed to the gate. The flight attendant was not happy about that! Neither were DH and I because we were allready landing late and only had 10 minutes to get to our next gate to go to MCO. By the time we actually got off the plane we had 5 minutes to literally run to our next gate. I was so regretting wearing flip flops by the time we got there. They closed the door behind us that is how close we came to missing the flight. We landed at MCO around noon time and found our happy limo driver Dave, then we went to baggage claim to wait for our luggage. I had a feeling that if we barely made the connecting flight that our luggage probably didn't and I was correct. They said it would be coming in on the next flight in about an hour and that they would bring it right over to the AKL. So we left and arrived at AKL by around 1:15. I just love the feeling of that first sighting of the roof of the AKL and then the drive up to the front. I felt like I was home. All you AKL lovers know what I am talking about and the breathtaking feeling you get when first walking through the doors into the lobby and you get your first whif of that special smell. I felt like crying I was so happy. We checked in at concierge and our room was ready, we did not get any of our requests, no king size bed and we wanted to be close to the concierge lounge and did not care if we had a savannah view or not but we were a mile away at the end of the Kuda trail on the 4th floor. DH was not happy about this but we decided to go with the flow because we wanted to get to Epcot. I still had on flip flops and that was a bummer because I ended up with a blister that would slow me down all weekend.
    We did all the things we always want to do but the kids never want to. We walked around WS and looked in all the shops. I took some pictures of the shrubs shaped like the characters and then we did something we have never done before. We discovered LeCellier. Thanks to all of you that have raved about this place I decided to try it and we are so glad we did. The service was a bit slow but the food more than made up for it. It was superb. We like it even better than Yahtsmans Steakhouse. After finishing up we walked around WS some more and decided to go back to AKL to rest up for the next day. On the way back there was just us and one other couple on the bus. They sat up front and I headed for the back row, I like to sit in the back right in the middle. Well DH did not join me he just sat up in the middle so I was back there all by myself. The bus driver was teasing me and asked me if I had been a bad girl and was getting a time out. I told him "No I am sitting back here with all my friends". He kept teasing me the entire way telling me that my friends and I had better behave. He was alot of fun. I was so happy just to be on the bus and I was so content that DH asked me why I was so calm and if I was on some kind of drug. I said yes, it is called Disney Prozac, the best natural high in the world. He said he wished they could bottle it for me. It started out a stressful day but ended perfectly and it was great.
    Last edited by Tinkerfreak; 04-30-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

AAhhhhhhhhhhhh...... I love the first day at WDW.

I can't wait to read more..... keep the reports coming.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome report so far! keep it coming!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you enjoyed you five minute stay in Atlanta. I guess you did not have to change concorses or you would have never made it to you next flight. Either that or you can run pretty fast,
    3/96 offsite
    9/96 offsite
    2/97 offsite
    8/97 OKW
    8/98 OKW,Dixie Landings
    1/99 ALL Star Sports
    8/99 CRS, CRB<
    4/00 All Star Music
    8/00 WL
    4/01 Port Orleans
    8/02 Dolphin
    7/03 WL
    6/04 Pop Century (90's
    7/05 Port Orleans Riverside
    7/06 Poly

Spartanburg, South Carolina - 8 Hours away from WDW!
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post! You captured the way I feel everytime I arrive at WDW! There is no way to replicate it anywhere else.
    30 Visits from 1986 thru 2007
    Resorts -
    All Star Music
    All Star Movies
    All Star Sports
    Caribbean Beach Club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Boardwalk Inn
    Wilderness Lodge
    DtD Grosvenor
    DtD Courtyard(now the Holiday Inn)
    DtD Doubletree
    DtD Hilton
    Marriot World Center

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Glad the stress of the trip was well rewarded when you got to AKL. You are right about the smell, there is something about it. I will be smelling it in 48 hours when we get there for dinner at BOMA.

Love the Disney Prozac description. Looking forward to my dose on Wednesday.

Can't wait to hear more.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start! Can't wait to read more!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you made your flight! That must have been rather stressful!

Blisters or not, you're in Disney World!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Off to a rough start, but glad that everything worked out! Sounds like a perfect disney day! Thanks for sharing!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Flying and airports can be so nervewracking. I made the flip flop mistake once, too. Running across the airport in flip flops, not easy! But then you were in WDW! So it's all good. And what a great day!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great start.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for so much for the report!! We've never been to AKL but I SO want to stay there... now you've got me wanting to that much more!! Sounds like you had a great day... perfectly relaxing by the end. I like your description of how you feel when you're there - "Disney Prozac"... perfect! I've got to remember that!! Can't wait to read more...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to read about the rest of your trip, since my hubby and I are taking a trip alone in august - to do exactly like you said - all the things the kids don't want to do!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after the drama at the airport. missing luggage, and not getting your room requests, I am so glad that you still had fun and ended the day on Disney Prozac! It is a wonderful feeling! Thanks for sharing.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to stay at the AKL in December! I love that feeling you get when first arriving in Disney, I can't imagine the feeling I will get upon entering the AKL for the first time. Thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing more about the AKL and the rest of your trip!
    ~Tammy~

Next Trip: 12/1/07-12/8/07-Animal Kingdom Lodge

All-Star Sports-1998/All-Star Movies-1999/Port Orleans-Riverside-2001/Off Grounds-March 2003(Bad Idea!)/Caribbean Beach Resort-10/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made the flight. Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR