Quantcast Lost Season 3 - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I think it is really starting to get good. Can't believe that there are only four episodes left

I did think it was bad that Kate hurt Sawyers feelings and only slept with him to spite Jack that wasn't really right. But I did like how Sawyer did kinda just brush it off. I also liked the part when Sawyer called Kate Freckles and he explained how he could call her nick-names because she wasn't there when the bet was made.

I also enjoyed Jin's scary story even though you couldn't understand a word he was saying I thought it was funny how he still managed to scare Hurley.

I liked Desmonds flashback I also never would have guessed he was a Monk. We also found the wine they made was the wine that Desmond got drunk off of a few episodes back. We also found out how Desmond met Penny which was neat.

I liked how you couldn't figure out if Desmond was once again going to save Charlie. For a while there I was thinking he was going to let Charlie die. At the start of the episode I actually thought Charlie did die. I liked how they showed what these flashbacks looked like to Desomond.

Now we just have to figure out who this person is that fell out of the plane or helicopter. Who ever it was knew Desmond but I couldn't figure out if Desmond knew them. It defiently wasn't Penny but couldn't figure out who it was.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

And on the head monk's desk, a picture of the jewelry store lady from a previous Desmond flashback.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDale View Post
    Remember Zeke (Tom) gave them some coordinates and said follow them and it will get you home. I think they did make it back home and we'll never hear from them again.
    I can't imagine that they gave them the right coordinates..I would think they wouldn't risk having help sent back to find the other surviors of the plane crash. I figured the boat would just go around the islands..like the one Desmond originally tried to escape on that kept bringing itself back around.
    Phyllis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    And on the head monk's desk, a picture of the jewelry store lady from a previous Desmond flashback.
    My husband and I picked up on that too!

I'm intrigued that Desmond was convinced that the parachuter would be Penny. In his visions he never actually saw her. So will he decide that the reason the woman isn't Penny is because he saved Charlie, which somehow messed up his "Groundhog Day" scenario? And does all this go back to the two guys that detected a disturbance in the earth's magnetic field when the hatch imploded and were able to pinpoint where it was?

Why am I always asking more questions after I watch this show, lol!!??

I didn't like what Kate did to Sawyer last night. She really is conflicted in her feelings, but then again, that's not new to her.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Why am I always asking more questions after I watch this show, lol!!??

Because the pieces of the puzzle do not fit together. The closer we get to the end of the season the more disappointed we are going to be with the final episode. They jumped the shark a long time ago.

Still rooting for the RRE !!!
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Desmond thought it was Penny because he kept seeing the photo of the two of them in his vision. He didn't foresee that someone else would have it on them as they parachuted into our television show.
    1972 Offsite
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that the jumper is related to the men at the pole who detected the magnetic disturbance. I'm also guessing that they notified Penny who hired a search team to find him. That's why they had the photo. The girl recognized Desmond when she saw him. As you can tell, there is a lot of guessing going on. I'm wondering what brought down the helicopter. I figured once the magnetic station blew up, then planes, boats, and such would come safely to the island. I guess not.

Nice catch on the wine. So that's the wine that Charlie presented to him to get him drunk a few weeks back? That would also make it the wine that Penny's dad had and taunted Desmond saying he could never afford it which is ironic since he made it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advnt05 View Post
    Nice catch on the wine. So that's the wine that Charlie presented to him to get him drunk a few weeks back? That would also make it the wine that Penny's dad had and taunted Desmond saying he could never afford it which is ironic since he made it.
    Actually, it was a scotch that Desmond got taunted and drunk with in his earlier flashback episode.
    D-A-D-D-Y needs C-O-F-F-E-E !

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Jan ' 03 Romantic Getaway
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    Aug '06 New addition's 1st trip
    Sept '07 No boys, but everyone else!
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pjbs35a View Post
    Because the pieces of the puzzle do not fit together. The closer we get to the end of the season the more disappointed we are going to be with the final episode. They jumped the shark a long time ago.

Still rooting for the RRE !!!
    It's not "Law & Order" - it doesn't get neatly explained in one episode.

When exactly was the shark-jumping ?

So, are we discussing spoilers about the finale ? Do you know what our disappointment is going to be about ?

I hope it's not a flashback centering on the RRE !

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

You know...as I was typing my last post, I kept thinking.."I thought it was whiskey". I stand corrected. It would have been a nice twist though if it was the wine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    I can't imagine that they gave them the right coordinates..I would think they wouldn't risk having help sent back to find the other surviors of the plane crash. I figured the boat would just go around the islands..like the one Desmond originally tried to escape on that kept bringing itself back around.
    My memory stinks but I think I remember something about him handing the coordinates and saying that was the way out, but not the way back in. Maybe someone else remembers or has the DVD and can go check?
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walstib View Post
    1. It's not "Law & Order" - it doesn't get neatly explained in one episode.

2. When exactly was the shark-jumping ?

3. So, are we discussing spoilers about the finale ? Do you know what our disappointment is going to be about ?

4. I hope it's not a flashback centering on the RRE !
    1. Not speaking of one episode. Speaking of the entire series.
    2. See Happy Days, Fonzie jumping shark on water skis. Used in the television, to mean it's time to shut down the series.
    3. I can see into the future also. Have never seen a Season Finale live up to its hype.
    4. If it was, it could only be better than what I have seen so far this season.

But I keep watching, hoping for something positive. Have been disappointed so far. But don't believe what I am saying, look a the ratings. Pitiful. Losing viewers by the millions each week.

Or.....Look a the posts in this thread, from the beginning to now, quite a difference.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed last week's show. I also wondered if Desmond was really going to save Charlie this time.

2. See Happy Days, Fonzie jumping shark on water skis. Used in the television, to mean it's time to shut down the series.
    "Jumping the Shark" is used a lot about shows, but the reality is "Happy Days" ran 6 more seasons after Fonzie jumped the shark. Some shows never make it to 6 seasons.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    "Jumping the Shark" is used a lot about shows, but the reality is "Happy Days" ran 6 more seasons after Fonzie jumped the shark. Some shows never make it to 6 seasons.
    But were the additional 6 seasons quality seasons? What happened to their audience. Check the ratings. All downhill. Some programs should't run for six seasons or an additional six seasons.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

3. I can see into the future also. Have never seen a Season Finale live up to its hype.
    4. If it was, it could only be better than what I have seen so far this season.
    1. Would there be a Lost if everything was explained ? Should we get rid of the whole mythology of the island to just concentrate on the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle ?

2. I understood the reference...you nailed it by giving the specific scene were the term originated from. When did it happen in Lost ?

3. Let's talk PowerBall instead of finales !
    Personally, I think the only episode that topped either Lost finale was the pilot. No, everything was not answered in them, but great episodes anyway. Lost has to remain a mystery, or it becomes Gilligan's Island.

4. Yeah, the first few shows of the season were weak. I think since the return from the break, they've improved and really started to capture the essence of the 1st season that we all seemed to love.

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

But were the additional 6 seasons quality seasons? What happened to their audience. Check the ratings. All downhill. Some programs should't run for six seasons or an additional six seasons.
    Jumping the shark doesn't mean a show is cancelled, or otherwise goes off the air. It's referring to when it probably should have stopped being broadcast.

Jumping the shark is a metaphor that was originally used to denote the tipping point at which a TV series is deemed by a viewer to have passed its peak, or has introduced plot twists that are illogical in terms of everything that has preceded them. Once a show has "jumped the shark," the viewer senses a noticeable decline in quality or feels the show has undergone too many changes to retain its original charm.
    1972 Offsite
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, I've got your blood pumping.

Quote Originally Posted by walstib View Post
    1. Would there be a Lost if everything was explained ? Should we get rid of the whole mythology of the island to just concentrate on the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle ?

2. I understood the reference...you nailed it by giving the specific scene were the term originated from. When did it happen in Lost ?

3. Let's talk PowerBall instead of finales !
    Personally, I think the only episode that topped either Lost finale was the pilot. No, everything was not answered in them, but great episodes anyway. Lost has to remain a mystery, or it becomes Gilligan's Island.

4. Yeah, the first few shows of the season were weak. I think since the return from the break, they've improved and really started to capture the essence of the 1st season that we all seemed to love.
    1. No saying explain everything, just not insult our intelligence.

2. Too many to list.

3. I think I saw Gilligan a few weeks back walking on the beach with a cell phone.

4. We should not accept weak episodes. In the past the words, "Excellece in Broadcasting," were used in the same breath with television. Don't let the media dictate what we should like or dislike; fashion, music, morals, etc. Demand more!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    Jumping the shark doesn't mean a show is cancelled, or otherwise goes off the air. It's referring to when it probably should have stopped being broadcast.
    You have made my point.
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

This is just pointless ! Still no examples of specific "shark-jumping". None for "insulting our intelligence" either.

Every episode of Lost should answer questions, and never create more. Each episode should be measurably better than the last. No other series ever had any weak episodes.
    They better explain everything to us in very easy to comsume little bites or we'll all jump off the bandwagon.

Oh wait, apparently we all already have...

Sorry, if sarcasm has offended anyone. I know it against TOS. Lost is still one of the best written shows on television, regardless of the ratings dive the show took after switching times, and taking a long break.

We'll agree to disagree...I just thought the thread originator would be able to justify the weekly bashing.

May '00 Honeymoon
    March '02 Easter with 7
    Oct '03 MNSSHP
    June '09 Everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is pretty clear to see that the writers of Lost have lost their way a little bit. They supposedly knew everything they were doing from the beginning, right? They said it was a 6 season arc. Well, now we are being told that they could wrap it up in a 4th season. Why was Walt such a focus of season one AND two, only to have him sent off on his way home, never to be mentioned again??? Why now for two seasons in a row have we had new characters introduced only to have them killed off? In season 2, it seemed odd because it was never explained what Libby was doing in Hurley's flashbacks. This season, they came right out and basically said that Nikki and Paulo were killed off because of backlash against them.
    I have loved Lost since episode 1. Last season, I had many friends who started to get frustrated by it, yet I kept defending it. This season, I've found that much harder to do. I find that I watch it more out of habit than out of awe and amazement. The past few weeks have been better, but overall this season has pretty much stunk. Add that to the fact that it comes on so darn late and I am now officially in the column of disgruntled fans.
    I know that it isn't reasonable to expect every question to be answered. After all, the mystery is what drew us into the show in the first place. However, when we are bombarded with new plot twist after new plot twist when some long outstanding questions have not been resolved, it starts to get frustrating. And then you have producers that just flat out lie to the public. For instance, before this season they said that there was something that the fans missed in the pilot episode that was a major clue. Well now they've come out and said that they just made that up to throw people off track A few episodes back, we were told that 3 of the islands biggest mysteries would be resolved. I remember leaving that episode feeling like I had zero answers and 10 more questions.

All in all I still think Lost is a good show but this season, up until the last 3 episodes, just did not measure up to the first or even the second.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked this week's episode, but then I really like the Desmond character so that may have something to do with it.

I love when they inject some humor into an episode - the "camping" trip was great! Poor Sawyer - that storyline is getting really good.

I just hope that this woman who dropped in on them can act. We don't need another Ana Lucia or Nikki wandering around the island.

Only 4 episodes left. How much longer is Desmond going to keep saving Charlie?
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: