Quantcast Year of 100 Questions: #6 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Question #6: Which prize would you take?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night in Cinderella's Castle on current trip

78 44.57%
  • Week in a moderate on future trip

97 55.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have to go against the majority so far and pick the night in the castle. I am 21 with no children but It has just always been my dream to stay there, and I am in love with the suite from the pictures I've seen. Heck, I even like the clunky block of a toilet! Although a week free in a moderate is an amazing prize, it just isn't tempting enough for me to chose it over that once-in-a-lifetime chance. In the future I hope to be able to stay in all of the moderates, but I will never be able to stay in the castle unless I were to win the prize.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I will aknowledge the week at a moderate would be a better deal. I would take the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to stay in the castle.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Staying at a Value resort 1 Week.... $574-$987

Staying at a Moderate.... $1015-$1575

Staying at a Deluxe.... $2100-$7735

Staying in Cinderella Castle 1 Night..... Priceless!!!!!

I don't know how to put a price on something as rare as staying in the Castle even for one night.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I don't think my 2 DS would get as much out of a night in Cinderella's Castle as I would therefore I think we would rather have the week in a mod. Afterall, a week in a mod is better than one night in Cindy's castle anyway from their point of view. Th'ough it would be a great story to talk about, it would be great if I could get out. While at the park, assuming it was open, I would want to be at the park. If the park is closed, I would feel like Cindy had grounded me and sent me to my room. The week in the mod, now that's another vacation I can plan for that I don't have to pay for!!!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was to take the week, but then I changed my mind. The castle suite would be a once in a life time experience, and something you could talk about for the rest of your life. As someone said before, very few people would ever be able to say they stayed in Cinderella's castle.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

THE CASTLE!!!!!!

Queen for a Day!
    I'm not bad - I'm just drawn that way!

Next Trip? Not sure but always planning!!
    Oct 2007 House rental
    Dec 2005 CBR
    Jan 2003 House rental
    Aug 1997 Grosvenor
    Sep 1993 Off site hotel

Post Thanks / Like

while it would b neat to stay in the castle based on the pics it would benefit me more to have a wk in a mod $$wise.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I chose the Castle. We could save up for another trip, but the chances of saving enough for a night inthe castle (if they ever rented it) would be highly unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I didn't even have to think about this one too long! Liike others have said I can save up for a week in a moderate. But to stay in the castle? WOW!!!! What a dream that would be. The pictures are awesome. Yep a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up! The Castle is my choice hands down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Always take 7 days over one, Castle, or no castle. Heck, I would have accepted value for that matter, so moderate is a steal!
    I agree a free trip every time. I (and my three ) would love to stay in the castle but we love Disney so much I'd love to go back again for free. Plus how much time are you really going to spend in the room anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by King Triton View Post
    I'd always take time. While I love the resorts, my main focus on visiting is to spend time in the parks. Really all I need from the resort is a decent bed, a clean bathroom and a pool.
    That is all we do. Sleep and shower then we're off to the parks. So much to see so little time. Almost two weeks still isn't enough!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Cinderella's Castle is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I know that a full week is better than one night, but I can always go again some other time; I can't always stay in her royal highness's bed chambers
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Where the stars at night are big and bright
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with the once in a lifetime logic. The chance to stay inside Cinderella's Castle in the middle of MK, with a butler at my beck and call and a room with a view, how could I not choose that.

Post Thanks / Like

My initial reaction was to choose the free week at a moderate resort, but after some consideration, my choice is a night inside Cinderella Castle. The free week, of course, is a more economical choice and offers more in the way of entertainment opportunities, but a stay inside Cinderella Castle is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Sleeping and waking up in the middle of the Magic Kingdom would be a memorable moment for a lifetime whereas a free week at a moderate resort would quickly become just like a regular WDW visit and wouldn't be very memorable in the years to come.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I said Castle. As others have said, even back when I lived in Toronto (before moving to about 20 minutess from the gates ), I knew I'd be back for another week, but I may well have never had a chance to stay in that most Disney of icons.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the castle, but I had to think about it for a minute. Staying a week in a moderate for free would be great, but nothing out of the ordinary and we could do that any time. The castle though, would be something to talk about for a long time.

Now if the choice was between the castle and a week at an expensive deluxe room that we normally couldn't stay at, the answer would be different...
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take the night at the castle. We can always go back for a week at a moderate(although it takes some time to save for), but a night at the castle is a once in a lifetime.

Memories forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely know I'm going back to WDW, free or not. I don't know that I'd ever get the opportunity to stay in the castle.
    We're almost complete...
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian
    Coronado Springs
    Caribbean Beach
    Port Orleans
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Contemporary
    Dixie Landings
    Animal Kingdom
    Boardwalk
    AS Sports/Music/Movies
    Pop Century
    Disney Institute
    Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this question. I had to think. Do I want to be a queen for the night or a princess for a week? Princess for sure. Why not? Another trip to Disney and only have to pay for airfare and food. That's my kind of trip - probably a good reason to be a DVC member also (though you are paying a mortgage). I hope DH and I get picked in 17 days - would love to go back for Christmas!

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

How could you look at this pic of a little girl sleeping in a bed in the Castle Suite and not want that for your kids.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17263155/

This is something this girl and her family will never be able to do again.

Also if you read the story it sounds like you get to go to the front of the line of any and every ride you want at the park.
    Staying in the suite also means I'm also grand marshal of the parade, the honorary guest in an event called the "Dreams Come True Dinner," created by Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, and the front-of-the-line guy at anything I want to ride.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illini View Post
    That's just wrong. Totally unfair question.

However, I'd have to go with the free week. Even though my kids (and me, too) would love to stay in the castle, we'd much more enjoy another week.
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: