Quantcast What makes you sad at Disney World?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What makes you sad at Disney World?

ok, so this is how my Disney warped mind works. I was cleaning my kitchen and thinking of and wishing (as usual)I was in WDW when all of a sudden, I remembered the sad feeling I get when on the next to the last day there, you get an envelope with your bill shoved under you room door. Just a very sad reminder that the real world is lurking right around the corner, waiting to destroy all the magic and wonder right out of you! So sad!!!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The sad feeling on the last day is nearly unbearable. I think the worst part is leaving the parks on the last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Rain and tornado watches make me sad I know NOTHING about tornadoes but we are under a watch until 5pm today and it makes me nervous. I also feel sad when it is pouring rain and as soon as the sun comes out (like it JUST did) I feel MUCH better Off to MGM and hopefully no tornadoes!!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving is the biggest one, yes, but also seeing people have left litter on attractions, in queues, or vandalized. That makes me sad. And people who get mean, rude, or generally misbehave. They make me sad for a few seconds and then I shake it off. No one's going to ruin my good time. But how can people be in a place like WDW and end up acting like jerks? Hard to believe.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4 View Post
    Rain and tornado watches make me sad I know NOTHING about tornadoes but we are under a watch until 5pm today and it makes me nervous. I also feel sad when it is pouring rain and as soon as the sun comes out (like it JUST did) I feel MUCH better Off to MGM and hopefully no tornadoes!!!
    A tornado watch means that conditions are favorable for the storm to worsen and their is the potential for a tornado. It is to make you aware that the weather is not too good, but a tornado watch is not too serious.

A tornado warning, on the other hand, is more serious, it means that a tornado could form at any time, and it often means that cloud rotation has been spotted either on weather computers or in the sky.

I'm no weather guru, but I picked up that information living in Denver. Enjoy MGM for us.

And yes, the bill is very sad....for two reasons:
    1) It signifies your departure from WDW is coming up very soon
    2) It reminds you that your trip was not free.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

The last day makes me sad too. I also don't like when people butt in line, or when Castmembers are downright rude. For example, I was waiting in line to get my pic taken with Captain Hook, and the castmember was such a grouch. She was like NEXTTTTTTTT and she was short with everyone in her tone. Those are the people who shouldn't be working at Disney! It also makes me sad when I see kids crying, or misbehaving. Also what makes me sad is when you see the Make a Wish children in Disney, and you know this may be their one and only time to be really happy during their illness.

Post Thanks / Like

On the Magical Express bus ride when the put in the "Goodbye" video. I actually started to tear up. My DH started preparing me from the very beginning. At around day 3 of 15 he started saying stuff like, "It's almost over." or "There's only 10 days left." We even took pictures of us finalizing the packing the night before we left....we had out pouty faces on and out luggage out. It makes me a little depressed even thinking about it and knowing I'll be going through the same thing in December of this year.

We also went to the MK and saw "Wishes" & "Spectromagic" our last night in the parks and every time I hear that music it makes me cry....

Oh how I am looking so forward to our next WDW vacation....only 221 more days left...and only 41 more days until we start booking our ADR's
    Possible 3rd Trip: Sept 2008
    ?

2nd Trip:
    Nov 23 - Dec 9 2007
    POP Century

POFQ 2006 (Honeymoon)- July 2-July 16
    First WDW trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Leaving is the biggest one, yes, but also seeing people have left litter on attractions, in queues, or vandalized. That makes me sad. And people who get mean, rude, or generally misbehave. They make me sad for a few seconds and then I shake it off. No one's going to ruin my good time. But how can people be in a place like WDW and end up acting like jerks? Hard to believe.
    Leaving is very sad, but I also agree with you! When I see where people have "trashed" something in the World, I get very sad.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Long Island, New York (1131 miles for the magic!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad. I cry when I leave the resort...especially when I see new visitors checking in. I get so jealous!!! I cry on the way to the airport, when I'm waiting to board the plane, when on the plane and even after I'm home a few days. I just want to go back!! No other place makes me feel so happy...it's truly magical!!
    77'-79' Offsite
    80' Contemporary
    83' Golf Resort
    90' Caribbean Beach
    96' All Star Sports
    99' Wilderness Lodge
    01' All Star Sports
    02' Coronado Springs
    03' Port Orleans Riverside
    04' Caribbean Beach
    07' Buena Vista Palace - Downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depression City!

I think the most saddest part of the trip is leaving, walking to the ME waiting area and seeing all the "new" guests with huge smiles on their faces getting off the bus for their stay. I don't think anyone has a smile on their face on their way back to the airport.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazeedizneefinatic View Post
    I think the most saddest part of the trip is leaving, walking to the ME waiting area and seeing all the "new" guests with huge smiles on their faces getting off the bus for their stay. I don't think anyone has a smile on their face on their way back to the airport.
    I agree! From the moment the ME tag is hanging on your door, then seeing all those new arrivals at the airport...UGH. That is torture, pure torture. It actually makes my heart hurt! My husband thinks I'm nuts, assures me will always be back. And you know, we always are. Just that the coming home, that real world thing, the unpacking, the mail, school, housework...you catch my drift! I always do this thing on the airplane where I try to spot the palm trees as the plane is lifting off..I tell myself then I'll be back to see them soon!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the sad feeling of calling for the CM's to come load your luggage... ... I feel very sad when I am in the parks, and I see a parent just berating their little child. I know what it's like - I've been there with very excited, bouncing all over the place little girls - and I know how it can get when everyone is hungry, tired and it's 90 degrees outside. But boy - if there's ever been a place I've tried to keep my cool, it's been there - I just don't think it's worth ruining a memory or an entire day. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about normal discipline going on that just has to happen to keep things sane - I'm talking about the parents you see who are just hollering at their kids, loud enough for all to hear, and saying mean or cruel things to them - things that just make the child hang their head. That breaks my heart, whether it's at the supermarket, or at WDW. But especially at such a magical place - it just hurts to watch.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

What makes me sad is seeing all the empty spaces in Epcot that used to be filled with neat exhibits. Innoventions used to be filled on both sides with technology that you could just play with, and now, it's just "empty". Spaceship Earth used to exit into more of the same fun spots, and it's empty. Why can't sponsors be found for this market?

Magic Kingdom has the same problem in Tomorrowland. They try to fill these spots with character meet and greet's, but it's a little like putting a plant in a corner to make a room look fuller.

O.K., I'm sad now, but am still planning to show up in Dec.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4goofy View Post
    Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad. I cry when I leave the resort...especially when I see new visitors checking in. I get so jealous!!! I cry on the way to the airport, when I'm waiting to board the plane, when on the plane and even after I'm home a few days. I just want to go back!! No other place makes me feel so happy...it's truly magical!!
    I thought I was the only one was like this. I really do get especially jealous when the others are checking in. But my alter ego kinda chuckles when I'm the other one who is checking in and the others are the one's leaving. Bad me, bad, bad me.

I also get sad when I see small kids at the park who are tired and hungry and their parents are trying to marathon it around the parks. Like they are going to be the ones who will do it all in 1 day. The poor kids can't even have fun in the happiest place on earth.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-Belle View Post
    you get an envelope with your bill shoved under you room door.
    Yes, the eviction notice. So sad!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Makes Me Sad At WDW

Leaving! Looking back at the park one last time, realizing I won't be there tomorrow.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving for the airport has to be the saddest time for me. You know your on your way back to reality.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Yes, the eviction notice. So sad!
    Too funny. I never thought about it that way... It is sad though.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but that's what I think.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Well, of course the last day and leaving make me sad. The other thing is seeing families that are rushing or fighting too much to enjoy it. I feel sad for them. I also feel sad for whoever paid for the teenagers walking around Disney with a cell phone glued to their ear and seem to care less for where they are at.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Share This Thread On Social Media: