Quantcast Amazing Race: All Stars - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that the Guidos are gone!!!

The teams seem so spread out right now. Wonder what they will do to bring them closer together?
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I am so happy that the Guidos are gone!!!

The teams seem so spread out right now. Wonder what they will do to bring them closer together?
    Me too! Now can someone please get Mirna off this show. Oy Vey!

I'm thinking they'll have to have a few of those legs where the teams arrive at their destination only to have to wait until a certain hour to begin competing. That will give the other teams a chance to catch up.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

How embarrassing and painful is it watching Charla and Mirna bumble their way through these other countries making fools of themselves?

Every time they talk in that bogus accent of theirs or make some ridiculous comment (like the one they made to the cabbie last night about Polish sausage??? ) it makes me cringe. They need to go. NOW!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    How embarrassing and painful is it watching Charla and Mirna bumble their way through these other countries making fools of themselves?

Every time they talk in that bogus accent of theirs or make some ridiculous comment (like the one they made to the cabbie last night about Polish sausage??? ) it makes me cringe. They need to go. NOW!
    I know--did you see the look on the cab driver's face when they were making those stupid comments? It served them right that he dropped them off at the wrong spot.

The whole sausage eating part of the show was more than a little nauseating to me. I can't imagine why they all chose that instead of making the bagels. Eating two pounds of any kind of meat would do me in.

Anyway, glad Team Guido is gone!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else but me feel well weird about a reality show going to a concentration camp? I think they dealt with it well but still don't feel as if that was a place that should be a part of any "game" no matter how tastefully you deal with it.

I dunno but it just felt odd to me.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    Did anyone else but me feel well weird about a reality show going to a concentration camp? I think they dealt with it well but still don't feel as if that was a place that should be a part of any "game" no matter how tastefully you deal with it.

I can understand what you are saying. But the way I look at it is that there are an unbelievable number of people out there that think all of that stuff is made up. There was a survey of high school kids some years back and an alarming percentage of those polled had no idea what the concentration camps were. So anytime there is a moment when people slow down and take a moment to remember what happened there is a good thing. Just my
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I can understand what you are saying. But the way I look at it is that there are an unbelievable number of people out there that think all of that stuff is made up. There was a survey of high school kids some years back and an alarming percentage of those polled had no idea what the concentration camps were. So anytime there is a moment when people slow down and take a moment to remember what happened there is a good thing. Just my
    That's a very good point...makes me feel better about it. (and I'm not saying they handled it badly I don't think they did). I hadn't considered the whole "made up" theroy. Thanks
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was wierd too until my room mate explained that they weren't actually inside the camp. The area they were at was actually outside the monument itself.

I think they added all that stuff so they could slow everyone down and play catch up! Can you Believe how behind the last teams got! CRAZY!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

This is not the first time the show has done something like this. Personally I found it touching. I like it when the race coordinators have some sort of task that makes the teams pause for a minute and reflect on some monumental moment in history.

A couple of seasons back, the teams went to a former Slave Trading posts somewhere on the African Coasts and they were all given a flower and asked to place it in memory as well as many had a moment of silence or said a prayer. I remember that there was a Father and Daughter team and the Father was very emotional.

I think (not sure) that this was the same season that Uchenia & Joyce won.
    Last edited by mamacatnv; 04-02-2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo - Brain is faster than fingers
    MamaCatNV
    Married 19 yrs Mom to:
    DS 17 & DD 8

POFQ-1/1-1/9/07- No More NYE for Awhile
    ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 - NYE
    ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 - NYE/Turn of the Century
    DL lived near too many visits to count

Post Thanks / Like

"Ladies & Gentlemen, Miss California"

I laughed so hard my tummy hurt !

And then Charla decided to stick a knife down her throat and I stopped laughing
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that going to the concentration camp was out of place. When I heard on the show that they were going there I immediately thought that it was in bad taste.

What is up with Charla and Mirna??? Does Mirna really think that if she talks in an accent someone who speaks another language will understand her? And if I have to hear "Pick up the pace Charla!" one more time, I'm going to puke!!

(it WAS hiliarious watching Charla in the knight costume!!!)
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I have to admit, I thought it was a bit odd, too.

Not to imply that they didn't handle it well, but yeah ... I'm not sure you can ever handle something like that well enough for it to be included as a part of a game show.

On the flip side, though, there's what Donna pointed out ... if we can slip a little education into a reality T.V. show that's not such a terrible thing.

Either way it gave me a shiver watching it. Some day I hope to visit the camps myself and I could almost picture what standing there and taking it all in would feel like.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    "Ladies & Gentlemen, Miss California"

I laughed so hard my tummy hurt !
    Oh man me too! This was hysterical!! It made me forgive Eric for being a jerk pretty much the whole show. Although I have to admit Danielle was being kind of a whiny you know what.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

The reaction of the teams at the other table was priceless to Charla's .

I definitely don't think putting my hands over my ears would have helped at all. I don't think I could have eaten another bite after listening to her.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Another boring episode. There seems to be LOTS more travel related delays this season, don't you think?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it was boring, though the way they edited the race for fourth as if it was a race against elimination, seeming to hope that we'd all forgotten Uchenna and Joyce, was kinda silly.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I was sorry to see Uchenna and Joyce go out in that way. But they were classy to the end and I enjoyed seeing them again on this season. Danny and Oswald, as usual, were so entertaining this episode. You can feel how genuine their bond is, even when they are hot, tired and annoyed they still try to make each other laugh. The whole conversation they had in the cab about lemonade had us cracking up. Go Team Cha Cha Cha!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I was sorry to see Uchenna and Joyce be eliminated before a certain other team (at this point you all know who I want to go!) But as they were already winners in a previous race, I like that it now gives another team the opportunity to come away with the big prize (as long as it's not a certain other team!)
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NJDad View Post
    I didn't think it was boring, though the way they edited the race for fourth as if it was a race against elimination, seeming to hope that we'd all forgotten Uchenna and Joyce, was kinda silly.
    I thought the same thing ... very silly ...

This is one of the few times I can remember someone being that far behind that they basically ignored them for an entire episode. I know it happened once or twice before, but OUCH! Poor Uchenna and Joyce!

Although they're being previous winners, I didn't really want them to win anyway.

I'm still rooting for Dustin and Kandace. Actually, as long as anyone but Annoying and Annoyinger win I'll be fine with it.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Actually, as long as anyone but Annoying and Annoyinger win I'll be fine with it.
    Is that the team that talks in crazy accents to make the locals understand them??
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: