Quantcast Moms and Moms-to-Be Club - Page 24

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Calvin is doing great. We just found out that he is allergic to peanuts, milk and eggs. I am debating weaning him and switching to formula. It is a really hard choice for me to make since I am such a big advocate of nursing. I really wanted to give him a whole year.

We are making preliminary plans for our first WDW trip. DH, DS3 and DS6months have never been. I used to be an AP holder but gave up extravagance to be a SAHM. We have been saving for four years and are now almost at our goal!!!

About the pumping issues. Are you eating enough fat in your diet? I was having milk issues becasue of a lack of fat mostly due to his allergies. I started bulking up on Advacados and it really improved things I also found it helped to pump as soon as I felt myself getting full. It is really hard to pump on demand becasue no breast pump in the world will cause let down as well as your baby. Another thing that worked for me was to pump out the opposite side after my baby ate. Calvin seems to prefer one side so I always feed him on one side and pump from the other.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you find out that Calvin has allergies?? I'm so worried about that because a friend of mine has THREE children that are allergic to almost everything. I'm still breastfeeding Felicity but when the stored milk runs out and we have to feed her formula I use Soy just in case. Did you test him for allergies?

We're doing really well. Felicity will be 5 months old tomorrow!! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I remember when I started this thread how nervous, scared and excited I was to be pregnant!! It's nice to look back and read about what we were all feeling months ago before our little ones arrived. Now DH and I are planning Felicity's first WDW trip in September and we're SO excited! I'm very happy that Disney is doing the Little Ones Travel Time again. I'm sure Felicity will love the Doodlebops and whoever else will be there. Can't wait!!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    Calvin is doing great. We just found out that he is allergic to peanuts, milk and eggs. I am debating weaning him and switching to formula. It is a really hard choice for me to make since I am such a big advocate of nursing. I really wanted to give him a whole year.
    Are you concerned that he's getting those things through your breast milk? Have you tried an elimination diet and steering clear of those things? Sometimes switching to formula can be even rougher an already allergy prone system as many formulas contain dairy and corn syrup or soy. Having a baby with allergies must be rough.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

How are the little ones doing?

Benjamin is getting so big, he stands so well when we hold him, and he loves to kick while he sits in his bouncy chair.

He really enjoys his Jolly Jumper and he looks so cute, kinda like a little elf dancing!

He rolled over the other day, I am pretty sure he did anyway and we all missed it... I had placed him on his back on the floor on his play quilt, went downstairs to get dinner from the freezer, went to the kitchen (passed him twice and he was still on his back), and while I was putting dinner in the stove he started crying which is what he does when he is on his tummy. Sure enough, when I went and looked he was on his tummy, DH was with me in the kitchen and Brandon was on the sofa watching tv so I don't think he touched the baby.

Otherwise, Breast feeding is still going well, my rental pump is still a godsend!

How is everyone else?
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Felicity is sick. I feel so bad for her because she's too little to really understand why she feels so lousy. It started as a small cold last Friday and when her cough started to get worse I decided to take her to the doctor on Monday. He gave her a perscription and said to come back in two weeks...we ended up going back early the next morning because late Monday night I noticed that Felicity had a red, bumpy rash from head to toe. Of course I was a nervous wreck so I had her sleep in bed with me. The doctor ended up giving me another perscription for her congestion (the rash had almost diappeared completely by Tuesday morning which was really weird), and now the poor thing is not only sick but drugged up on medicine. I feel terrible for her and just hope she gets better very soon.

How are you all doing?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no!! Here's a ton of pixie dust from Bennie that Felicity feels better soon!

The poor things, Bennie has been crying and just downright crabby all day today. It must be the weather, t is rainy here today.

I really hope Felicity feels better soon.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear that Felicity is sick. Sounds like she is on her way to getting better though..so hard when little ones are sick and ca't tell you where they hurt!
    Mackenzie is doing well. She was 17 lbs and 24 inches at her 4 month check-up. Definately a pork chop!
    She has started solids and is loving them. Peas and bananas are her faves so far.
    SHe and her big brother Joshua are inseparable now. She is sad when he leaves for pre-k and gets so excited when he comes home! He spoils her rotten.
    Grandpa finally arrived to meet her today and she dazzled him!
    Hope all of your little ones are thriving.

michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Mjacyln...I sure Felecity is feeling better now!!! Poor baby!!!! I'm dreading DAvid's first cold for sure!!!!!!!!!

Michelle....CUTE pics!!!!!

David is getting soooo big....he'll be 5 months old next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He was 17 lbs at his 4 month appointment so I know he's closer to 18/19 now!!! And he was 26 inches long....He rolls over both ways and belly laughs now!!

We too have started solids!! I know there's alot of information and varying opinions about this...but for David it was time!!!

We do cereal with bananas or applesauce and carrots right now!!

I am loving being a mommy and I already want another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd be pregnant tomorrow if DH would go for it!!
    But he's all panicked now...LOL..

Oh and I'm getting another Disney AP in May so I can start going alot again with David and get him hooked...LOL....
    Since I'm a SAHM...I can even take a jaunt over there for a few hours through the week when we are bored!!

Here are some pics!!!!
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...idgouge385.jpg
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...idgouge387.jpg
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...assinet032.jpg
    http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/IMGA0585.jpg
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Mackenzie is SO Cute!!! What is the age difference between your kids? I'd like Felicity to have a little brother or sister and I was thinking about having another baby when she's two. I think DH still needs some convincing though...

I tried giving Felicity some bananas but they gave her a tummy ache! I think her favorite food is pears - she doesn't really like the rice cereal and HATES oatmeal. LOL!

Terra - it must be SO NICE to live that close to WDW!! I've been planning Felicity's first trip for a couple of months and we're so excited!! Unfortunately we have to wait until September but I AM looking forward to the Little Ones Travel Time.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

What a cutie Terra! Maybe we need to get our two together!
    I am trying to convince DH to get seasonal passes since we are 2 hours away..but no go yet.
    Joshua was almost 5 when Mackenzie was born. We had actually decided that we were not going to have any more kids! I guess Mackenzie is proof that someone else is in control of that situation! I am very happy with the age difference between my two. Joshua is at school for half of the day now and will start kindergarten in September, so I can spend the full day with Mackenzie without neglecting Joshua.
    I don't think that there is really a perfect age difference. You find a way to work with whatever you have. As long as you are happy and healthy!
    I went to Disney for the first time when Joshua was 17 months old. I spent the whole trip crying because it was so magical. Mickey had to console me at one point! You will have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see the pics!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    What a cutie Terra! Maybe we need to get our two together!
    I am trying to convince DH to get seasonal passes since we are 2 hours away..but no go yet.
    Joshua was almost 5 when Mackenzie was born. We had actually decided that we were not going to have any more kids! I guess Mackenzie is proof that someone else is in control of that situation!
    YES!! I just realized you were in Jacksonville!!
    We'll have to meet up sometime at WDW then!!!

And you got that right about someone else being in control...LOL....
    I'm going to have to rely on some divine God intervention to have another since DH is having a panick attack....lol...

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone. I was going to start my own thread with this news, but since this one is going so strong, I'll just add to this one....I'll tell you all the way we told Erin's brother...

US: Knock Knock.
    YOU: Who's There?

US: WE'RE PREGNANT!

YUP! Erin is three weeks pregnant, and we're looking at an approximate December 26, 2007 due date!!!!!!!

So, we're going to need A LOT of pixie dust and prayers on this one....Erin has miscarried once (three years ago), but this time we have tons of health insurance, and some great doctors here in Greenville, SC. So please please please please please send every positive vibe you can think of our way (but make sure you keep enough for your beautiful children, of course).

So...I'm going to go float off into my own little world of bliss again...wow is it hard to concentrate on work right now. I'm way too excited. Thanks everyone!!!
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,

All the best of luck to you and Erin. A Christmas baby too!!! How wonderful!! Here is a ton of pixie dust for a safe and healthy arrival of your little one - mine is a miracle baby too!

Terra,
    I was thinking about trying to get together with you when we were there in February, but I did not know our schedule and our computer access was limited to try to get a message to you. We are planning on heading back the end of September/early October - maybe we can ALL get the kids together then!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    Terra,
    I was thinking about trying to get together with you when we were there in February, but I did not know our schedule and our computer access was limited to try to get a message to you. We are planning on heading back the end of September/early October - maybe we can ALL get the kids together then!
    That would be great!!!!!!!!!! Just let me know!!

Steve...what awesome news!!!!!!!!
    Saying a prayer that this little bean sticks!!!

I'm so sorry about your loss in the past though!!
    DH and I lost 2 little angels of our own so we understand how scary it can be!!
    I think I held my breath through the entire pregnancy!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just had the strangest day.

I am seeing a good friend tonight, she is pregnant with twins via invitro. She was saying she has started to feel great and is losing some of the early symptoms - she is 10.5 weeks preg. She was saying how her husband is freaking out that the symptoms are diminishing and he is worried something is wrong.

Not even 30 minutes later the phone rings and it is her husband - he knows I miscarried in the past and knows my fertility issues. He is asking me if it is normal with her losing the symptoms - it should happen at 12 weeks - and do I think the babies are okay, etc. He wants to know if he should call her doctor - I told him to call if it will make him feel better. I think I got him reassured though.

I think it is very sweet that he is so concerned. They have gone through alot and I hope the rest of her pregnancy goes well. I currently have 5 good friends that are pregnant - where were all of them a year ago while I was preg? They will all be off work together and I have no one!!!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Steve and congratulations!!!

Flower - I'm sure everything is fine with your friend and her twins. It's perfectly natural for anyone to be nervous while pregnant - especially if they've had difficulties in the past. I was a nervous wreck practically the entire time and Felicity was born with no problems!

Pixie Dust to everyone!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the wonderful news. I am sending al of my healthy pregnancy vibes your way! It is wonderful to hear that you will have a new mouseketeer for Christmas!
    Terra..we are trying to organize a trip in August for the Pirate/Princess party..maybe we could get together for that!
    Keep going with the updates everyone..I feel like I know all of your babies personally!
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so we're officially at five weeks, so we get to go in next week for our appointment (like I'm the one doing any of the work).

But Erin has developed a fever of about 100 - 101, and her sinuses are completely clogged. We know she's not supposed to take anything, and the saline spray isn't really cuttin' the mustard (so to speak).

Any suggestions?
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Tylenol. She's not doing herself or your baby any good by having a fever. ALSO -- If you go to the drug store, there are plug in decongestants (by Sudafed I think in the States)....They really help to unclog the sinuses. My sister cannot take any meds (other than Tylenol) in addition to her prescribed ones -- so this is what she uses....quite successfully! Ask a pharmacist if you are unsure..... I hope she feels better soon!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

My sinuses and allergies were horrible during the first trimester.

I used an over-the-counter eucalyptus oil and dropped it into a facial steamer. The steam and the eucalyptus really helped, and it reminded me of the steam room at Animal Kingdom Lodge!!!

If you cannot find the eucalyptus oil, then just try the facial steamer - if you do not have a facial steamer, try a kettle or pot of boiling water - be careful not to get burned though.

I hope she is feeling better soon, and yes, she should take the tylenol to get the fever down.
    Lea-Ann

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: