Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 12

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WHY NOT SANJAYA??? WHY??? WHY???

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyGirl View Post
    And you were ragging me a few weeks ago about being cold-hearted??
    She says, while agreeing with me 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    The more I watch, the more Lakisha bothers me. No doubt she can sing, but it's the way she sings, if that makes any sense. She's got a lisp, and while I understand she can't help it, it still annoys me. And true, she's pretty void of personality.
    Yeah, the more I see Lakisha the less I like her. I think you hit it about the way she sings ... it grates on me.

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    That's true. He has the mass call in from the "Vote the Worst" crowd.

That's exactly why I refuse to watch/participate in the show any longer. The whole vote in thing is messed up and certainly not accurate.
    You know I'm starting to agree, Carol. If Fox continues to ignore the existence of this group, they run the risk of ending up with someone like Sanjaya as their American Idol. That would basically ruin the show.

They have to step up and change the voting process.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    It's true, and Ryan actually stated it one night on the show.

The more I watch, the more Lakisha bothers me. No doubt she can sing, but it's the way she sings, if that makes any sense. She's got a lisp, and while I understand she can't help it, it still annoys me. And true, she's pretty void of personality.
    I feel the same way! Yes, she can sing great, but something is so boring about her! I have to say I love Melinda, I have from the beginning. She has great stage presence and I'm not bored watching her. Kelly Clarkson was happy and surprised a lot when the judges critiqued her, it's refreshing to me to see someone who isn't jaded. Lakisha acts like she would rather be somewhere else. I also like Phil. Blake reminds me of some of the singers from the 80's like Lisa Stansfield, Howard Jones or Thomas Dolby, he says his music is new, but it really reminds me of the 80's. Sanjaya with the sweater and the hairdos, he is just torture to watch! Diana Ross sounded off key to me in her performance, I was really surprised. Would LOVE to see Paul McCartney come on this show at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Mad & Sad

Quote Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
    I am irritated with Howard Stern- he is encouraging people to vote for Sanjaya which takes votes & a chance from people who really deserve it. I hope this trend doesn't last. I can't listen to Sanjaya anymore!!!
    Do you believe that!!!! IF this really happens and Sanjaya wins (God forbid) Thats the end of American Idol. I hope HS doesnt have that big of an influence to the end.

I feel sorry for Sanjaya for being put in the middle of this.
    WDW
    Nov.2009 Music

WDW
    Oct.2008 Music
    April 2008 POFQ

DISNEYLAND
    All Summer 2007 Hotel Peppertree
    Jan. 2007 Grand Hotel

WDW
    Oct.2006 Royal Plaza
    March2006 pop century
    April 2005 POFQ
    Oct. 2004 Caribean

" BUT WHY IS THE RUM GONE ? "

Post Thanks / Like

Well ,I'll pipe in with my 2 cents , since I'm a regular Idol Head ,but haven't posted on this thread for the last 2 years.

First and foremost ,Sanjaya is the least talented top 20 pick since this shows inception. Randy , Paula ,and Simon were sleeping at his initial audition and all the way through Hollywood. This guy is a rank amateur among amateurs. That being said ,I actually feel sorry for him because, ....A. He's a nice guy .... B. It's not his fault that Howard Stern and his ilk are abusing the system. And ....C. He doesn't want to be there. He was happy to make the top 20 but after the first vote ,he figured he should have been gone. He WANTS to be gone. It's so obvious in his face. Plus he seems like he is tanking his performances even worse than he would normally perform them. If he did win , American Idol would be crippled.

Lakisha - Booming voice , but a zero in the personality department. It's virtually impossible for her to smile. If she won ,it would have almost the same result for the shows' integrity ,as Sanjaya winning.

Melinda - The odds on favorite. I disagree with y'all on her demeanor. I believe she is actually humbled by all the praise. It's not unusual for some very talented people to feel totally inadequate and untalented. She knows she can sing , but has no idea of her possibilities. I think , however ,that she would be an odd choice as American Idol.

Stephanie - The stigma of the 3rd best voice. Always being compared to Lakisha and Melinda. Personally ,of those 3 , I think that Stephanie has the best look , personality , and pop voice. But she ain't gonna win it.

Gina - Has the look. Great pipes. Nice personality. But ,she is overwhelmed by some big voices.

Jordan - See Gina. Although I'd pick her over Gina. Will probably come in around 5th.

Hayley - Nice smile. Decent personality. But ,she's too " Broadway " to be an Idol. She'll probably make more money doing that anyway.

Phil - Can't get past his head. Looks bad with or without the hat. He has a decent voice ,but seems overpowering and loud sometimes. His song selection is killing him.

Chris S. - Lost points when he took his glasses off. He isn't willing to compromise his style. Which is fine ( See Chris Daughtry ) But then ,Chris Daughtry has the look. This Chris reminds me of Flo from the 60's group The Turtles. He needs a breakout performance this week.

Chris R. - I'm not digging his style. He sounds country ,which is fine - I like country. But , his voice is so low projection. He has no range . He's getting by on looks.

Blake - He's actually pretty cool and different. My guess is he'll be the top guy. His selling audience would be somewhat limited though.

For me ,no matter who wins , this has got to be the strangest edition of American Idol to date.

" Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

There is NO way Sanjaya would win. There is a clause that says the producers have the final word. He'll be gone... if it was really all about the votes they would publicize the number of votes that come in and not just use the "bottom three" without specifics.

The whole Howard Stern and Vote for the Worst thing is stupid. Why would you care if you hated Idol or any show like it? I wouldn't waste my time to on a show to be funny. That's SO weird.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Here are my thoughts:

Sanjaya He's awful. DW told me that people at her work are voting for him because they feel bad for him ...
    See, I don't understand why people would do that. If they vote for him because he's not a very good singer and they feel sorry for him, all they are succeeding in doing is making him a big joke on the show (which is what Vote for the Worst wants). If it were me, I wouldn't want to be kept on the show for that reason.

I finally had the chance to watch the show (I had recorded it). I thought that Diana Ross actually had some really good advice for the singers, although I don't think many of them benefitted from it. The two performances I really enjoyed were Melinda's and Jordin's. And I liked the way Blake and Chris S. shook up their arrangements (but Chris has got to wear his glasses--they make him look distinctive).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WEDTOPIA View Post

For me ,no matter who wins , this has got to be the strangest edition of American Idol to date.

A BIG Ditto to that!!!! If I have to listen to Sanjaya for much longer, I may just stop watching. AI doesn't want that, so I am sure they will intercede soon!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd post some song spoilers for tonight. Sanjaya's choice is of particular interest... highlight to read

**Tonight’s song choices listed in performance order:

* Haley Scarnato - “Tell Him” by The Exciters.
    * Chris Richardson - “Don’t Let The Sun Catch You Crying” by Gerry and the Pacemakers.
    * Stephanie Edwards - “You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me” by Dusty Springfield.
    * Blake Lewis - “Time Of The Season” by the Zombies. He beatboxes at the start. (probably kinda like the record).
    * Lakisha Jones - “Diamonds are Forever,” Shirley Bassey (from the Bond movie).
    * Phil Stacey - “Tobacco Road” by The Nashville Teens.
    * Jordin Sparks - “I Who Have Nothing” by Tom Jones.
    * Sanjaya Malakar - “You Really Got Me” by the Kinks
    * Gina Glocksen - “Paint it Black” by the Rolling Stones.
    * Chris Sligh - “She’s Not There” by the Zombies
    * Melinda Doolittle - “As Long as He Needs Me” from the musical “Oliver!”
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved tonight! Quickie recap:

Faves: Blake, Chris S, Jordan

Least Faves: Sanjaya (it was just ridiculous and that girl was too much. I DON'T GET IT!!!), Phil (too manic), and Gina (way off pitch)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, I know I am going to burn for this one, but I can't stop laughing at that little girl on the show tonight!! As we say in the South, bless her little heart! I know she's just a star-struck fan, but I was just cracking up watching her!

Anyway, I actually LOVED Blake tonight, I thought he was the best. I'm a fan of his anyway, and I thought he did a great job, very cool version of that song. Jordin was also right up there for me tonight. Haley improved a lot. Surprisingly, I thought Gina was a little disappointing this week. Sanjaya (again, bless his heart) was marginally better but still needs to vacate... immediately! Chris Sligh was good, as was Melinda (naturally). I'm just eh on Chris R., Lakisha, Phil and Stephanie this week.
    Last edited by Emily; 03-20-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually enjoyed Haley this week!

Sanjaya was awful -- but is was his best performance yet. That is so sad..... he looked even more like Michael Jackson -- where did he get those gloves? He looked like a street urchin -- like Oliver Twist masquerading as Michael Jackson singing the Stones. I like the kid personally, but watching him hurts.

Blake was and I liked Christ S too, that was a good song choice

Was it just me, Melinda didn't do a thing for me, am I insane? And watching Lakisha do the Bond girl thing -- I don't know, I think there were a hundred better songs for her to do.

I missed Phil and Jordin, so I can't comment there....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

People, we are too OLD! That little girl is why Sanjaya is winning! She loved him!

I actually thought he was A LOT better than Gina or Chris Sligh. Chris seemed strangely akward and Gina was just .

As far as Sanjay's outfit, that the style ... that was a sweatshirt with extra lon cuffs and holes for the thumbs. Totally in style right now, and his whole outfit was taken right off the back of any male star under 25 in hollywood.

My personal favorites this week, in order:

Melinda
    Jordan (GO ARIZONA!)
    Chris Richardson
    Blake Lewis

By the way, Melinda choosing a song from the movie Oliver! as a "British Invasion" number was a S-T-R-E-T-C-H and not all that fair considering everyone else had to find a way to work through a weird Brit number from the mid-60's.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Sanjaya it is so sad. That poor little girl is going to have to live her life with that moment permanently ingrained! I think they should ban that song he did, I remember when Ryan on Season 1 "sang" it and it was horrible!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm

I only watched the first half but I had to chime in that I thought Jordin was AMAZING this week. She had this moment that reminded me of one of my all time favorite Idol moments ever (true Idol fans will get this...)

Remember when Clay walked onstage in black with the single spotlight and sang Solitare??

That was Jordin for me tonight, very very good!

I also enjoyed Blake a lot and find him to be a great overall performer (plays to the audience well.) Although his last two notes were dreadfully pitchy!!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Blake as well. I think he is great. Jordin is the best of the ladies, I think. I am ready for Samjaya and Phil Stacey to go home.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Sanjaya wins. American Idol deserves it.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My ...

Haley Scarnato - I know it's popular to hate on Haley, but I thought she was good last night. Liked the song choice, loved the performance, and I thought her vocal was very good.

Chris Richardson - I must have some inherent prejudice against Justin Timberlake impersonators or something, because I just don't get him at all. His voice is way too thin ... he has no power at all ... he sounds whiny and nasally ... I think he's terrible.

Stephanie Edwards - I thought she gave a solid performance. Not spectacular, but not bad either. Good enough to stick around.

Blake Lewis - I liked his arrangement of the song and the beatboxing he did with it, but I didn't think it was his best vocal performance. I thought he sounded a little off-key in spots. Overall it was good, though.

Lakisha Jones -

Huh?? Whuh?? Did someone say something? Sorry, Lakisha put me to sleep again.

Seriously ... she's as dull and boring as paint. The more I see her, the less I like her. She always looks like she's just going through the motions as if she's already won the competition or something and is just waiting around to sign her deal ... she's mailing it in. Horrible.

Phil Stacey - Eh ... Tobacco Road?? I mean come on ... pick a better song, dude. When you have the Beatles, the Stones, the Kinks, and so many other great bands to choose from, why would you pick this weirdo song?

Jordin Sparks - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Best performance of the night. Hands down. She was outstanding. A true star.

Sanjaya Malakar - Nothing anyone says will convince me this guy isn't embarrassing himself on national television week in and week out. The outfit was ridiculous the song was awful, his vocal was horrendous, and once again he was the worst performer of the night.

Too bad Gina is probably going to be the one to go home because ...

Gina Glocksen - Ugh ... Gina, honey ... I love ya, but ... yikes. Not good. And it was a shame, too, because I think she should have rocked out with this song. Paint It Black is a classic and it really cooks. It was perfect for her voice. It needed to be more throaty and growly and ... man, I don't know ... it wasn't good, dawg. It wasn't good. I suspect she's outta here.

Which is too bad, because she's been one of my favorites up until last week. She's just not being herself ...

Chris Sligh - Not his best ... kinda odd actually ... but not enough for him to go home. He needs to step it up, though. He's also been one of my favorites, but he's getting outshone by a lot of the other performers in the last two weeks. He could be at risk next week if he doesn't nail it.

Melinda Doolittle - I can't believe she chose a song from Oliver of all things. Honestly, that should be enough to send her home just by itself.

She annoys me to no end. I've gone from finding her mildly annoying to just outright disliking her.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default DialanIdol

Does anyone know who dialanidol says is going home tonight? If so will you post it in "spoiler type?"
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Hayley is adorable! She could definitely cut out a pop career for herself.

Post Thanks / Like

Haley was great and Melinda was fabulous as always, LaKisha was okay, but a bit lacking in her performance. The guys did better tonight, but still not as good as the ladies. Sanjaya shocked everybody, but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep him out of the bottom 3.

My Bottom 3 guesses:
    Sanjaya - shocking, but not great
    Chris Richardson - lacking something?
    Gina Glocksen - bad rendition of Paint it Black

I think Chris is going home.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL