Quantcast American Idol - Season 6 - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    AND how can they not know that if you don't know the words on the Hollywood episodes you get cut? That's a gimme for the a singer ... know the words!
    I know, Michael! Unbelievable. I thought that Bailey Brown (is that her name?) had some potential, and I felt sorry for her in that group with the friends, but she blew it. Can't get by on being cutesy forever!

I still like the brother, from the brother/sister at the end. That was sad, and I can't imagine how hard that is as a parent. I do hope he does well though. Of course, with that crazy editing, we didn't even get to see him sing last night, did we?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

ALSO, i forgot to mention in my previous post....
    Last night, one of the girls eliminated was ROBIN TROUP. She just won the contest to perform with Justin Timberlake at the Grammys last Sunday! She was GREAT with Justin(and T.I.)!! Her voice and performance were awesome.

When her name popped up on the scream I yelled, "HEEEEY!!!!"
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I still like the brother, from the brother/sister at the end. That was sad, and I can't imagine how hard that is as a parent. I do hope he does well though. Of course, with that crazy editing, we didn't even get to see him sing last night, did we?
    NOOOOOOO!!!! We didn't see him. I love him too.
    That's why I am so upset with the show. We didn't see anyone. Ryan was like "blah blah blah, the judges are harsh, blah blah blah, remember your words" Then he says "42 people made it through" and we didn't get to see anyone sing!!

And Hollywoood did used to be 2 hours long. And maybe even 2 weeks long.

If you all want to laugh, try and find a clip of the SNL parody of American Idol from 2 weeks ago. It was PERFECT ("other door!" LOL)
    It got pulled from YOUTUBE last week, but you never know if it's back up or if you can find it somewhere else.

Regardless of all my complaining, I will be watching tonight!
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jedigrrrl View Post
    ALSO, i forgot to mention in my previous post....
    Last night, one of the girls eliminated was ROBIN TROUP. She just won the contest to perform with Justin Timberlake at the Grammys last Sunday! She was GREAT with Justin(and T.I.)!! Her voice and performance were awesome.

When her name popped up on the scream I yelled, "HEEEEY!!!!"
    I completely missed that! I saw the Grammys and I thought "Why doesn't this girl try out for American Idol!" WOW! I thought she was awesome as well. Her voice sounded great and she worked it, especially since she had to have been nervous. I don't think she hit one bad note that night.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

So what do you all think?

I wasn't pleased with those last two eliminations, as I wished they'd gone the other way. I don't see what's so great about that Sundance guy. He just doesn't appeal to me.

I remember last year at this time being really pleased with the top 24. This year, not so much. No one really jumps out at me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am completely amazed at the last two performers put through last night. I would not have chosen Antonella over Marisa or Sundance over Thomas.

One contestant that turned me off a bit last night was the 17-year-old, Sanjaya. He's got a nice voice, but he kind of grossed me out sticking his tongue out last night (actually several other contestants did that too). Ugh--it's a little quirk of mine, I guess. And then he had that "Saturday Night Fever" strut when he went before the judges.

I thought it was very interesting how demonstrative the judges were in the support of some people--Melinda and Lakisha come to mind.

I'm not really connecting to anyone so far on the show. Well, maybe Melinda, as I would like to see her gain confidence without becoming a diva.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We have such similar thoughts, Beth.

You know who turned me off last night was Paul Kim. His performance seemed so "affected" to me.

I was just looking at the Idol site, and not a blond in the bunch this year. Not sure why that stood out to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just looking at the Idol site, and not a blond in the bunch this year. Not sure why that stood out to me.
    I went to the AI site after reading your post, Mel, and you're right--not one blonde.

Once I got to the site I was finally able to remember the name of one of the other contestants that I wasn't impressed with--Leslie. I couldn't help laughing when they did the intros at the end of the show and she was doing that weird hip-hoppy, popping dance. It seemed like she was trying so hard to look cool.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I like new dad so far, I think his name is Phil, and Chris the crazy hair funny guy.

But truth be told, I'd rather be watching Derek, Max, Laura and Kate from Grease.....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Ameircan Idol website and look at the profile for Antonella Barba. Look at her hero in life. WALT DISNEY!!!!! She gets my vote for American Idol. Plus, it helps that she is cute and from NJ.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm kind of bummed that they eliminated Tom Lowe. He wasn't really shown in America but he was on the British broadcast. He was a cute British guy who had been in a boy band over there back in the day. I thought his voice was really good. I think the only time he was seen over here was in that group of guys with the beatboxer that was so good. You can find his audition on youtube. He is by no means the perfect singer but he's better than some that were let through, IMHO. And I agree...while I liked Sundance and Antonella in their original auditions, based on Hollywood week they definitely should've been cut. Especially Antonella. I thought the other girl blew her out of the water, personally.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been working so late that I was backed up on Idol but finally found the time to re-connect with my Tivo.

I like the 2 backup singers - and the Jack Osborne look alike.

I'm curious if Antonella and her best friend are still close after her making it thru . . .
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My top 5 idol wannabees are:
    1. Sanjaya
    2. Melinda
    3. Lakisha
    4. Sundance
    5. Chris
    Don't forget how much is manipulated through editing. We really didn't see much singing during Hollywood week.
    DL 1976, 1984, 1989
    WDW 08.2006, 10.2008, 12.2010, 10.2015

Post Thanks / Like

So what do you all think?

I remember last year at this time being really pleased with the top 24. This year, not so much. No one really jumps out at me.
    My household feels exactly the same. No one really sticks out yet.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

What did you guys think of tonight? I really wasn't impressed with many of the guys (watched all but the last one). Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't too impressed, either. My fave was probably Blake. I also liked both Chris's and Phil. (He was the last one). If I were picking six I would throw in Brandon and that guy who sang the Brian Mcknight song (forgot his name). I would like to give sundance one more shot but he's on dangerously thin ice right now
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it wasn't the most exciting start ever....although the judges seemed extra picky. I think Blake was my favorite last night. Chris was good, but i wonder how much he hurt himself by his Simon diss. He is a funny guy and probably meant to come off funny -- but it sorta flopped.......
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

pogo Guest

I think this is the weakest field of guys I've ever seen. I don't think many would have made it into the top ten from last year, if any.

Chris Sligh and Phil Stacey have to be the front runners for the guys.

I think Sundance Head and Chris Richardson need to go home this week.

I'm hoping for some strong performances tonight from the ladies or I think this is going to be a very boring competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    I think Sundance Head and Chris Richardson need to go home this week.
    I actually don't think Chris is that bad.

My votes to go home are Sundance and Paul Kim.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: