Quantcast Moms and Moms-to-Be Club - Page 20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember looking into this for a girlfriend of mine and the answer was yes, a nursing Mom can have honey. Babies under a year can't have it because they don't have the immune system or intestinal bacteria to kill the spores that honey may have. Since the spores are killed off in your gastrointestinal tract, it won't affect your baby. But, if you are concerned, can you call your Ped's office and ask them?

Feel better soon!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is also being broken down in your system as well. Hope you feel better, I remember having honey when I was bfeeding too. I can't believe your baby is already 8 weeks old!

Post Thanks / Like

Honey is just fine. I just took a big spoonful of honey for my throat and I nurse my 15 month old often with no ill effects.

ETA: I'm a breastfeeding counselor for WIC and amongst my peers we've been told that honey is a-okay.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

The honey restriction for babies is due to digestive issues in baby's stomach. You will be digesting it, not the baby, so it is okay for you and there is nothing bad that you will pass on.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! I had the honey in my tea and Felicity seems just fine. I start going back to work next week and I already feel guilty about leaving her. I'm sure it will be much harder on me...LOL.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn
    Thanks all! I had the honey in my tea and Felicity seems just fine. I start going back to work next week and I already feel guilty about leaving her. I'm sure it will be much harder on me...LOL.
    I agonized my whole pregnancy over going back to work...I'd cry everytime I thought about leaving David...we are giving the "stay at home mom" thing a shot...I'm sooo hoping it works out! It will be very tight and I told DH we can eat pasta everynight!...lol..

Does anyone else find that it's harder to get on her as much??? David keeps me busy for sure!! Between keeping the house up and being mom I hardly have time!

I hope everyone else is doing great!! Mickey&Missy...your less than a month away from your due date!!!!! I hope your hanging in there

Anyway....I had a 3 day WDW pass I bought back in August and it's getting ready to expire in Jan. I had 2 days left on it so we went to EPCOT and took David for his first Disney trip!!
    It was GREAT!! He was an angel...didn't cry the whole day...slept alot of course because he was only 4 weeks at the time...[he's 6 weeks now..]

Everyone loved him!! We bought him mouse ears...bought the black one's first then a cast member told us that they sell blue my first ears...so we got those too!! lol..I had them on him all day and people would stop us and look and cast members would stop us and fuss over him...I was one proud mama!!

Here's a few pics!!
    Welcome to EPCOT

I love my ears!!

Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?????

Trying on hats in France!!

Christmas lights at EPCOT!

Too cute...he feel asleep on the way home and when I looked he looked like this...
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terra! Those pictures are so cute! I can't wait to take my baby to get first ears! I am not due until August!

Thanks for sharing those!
    šoš Lizzy šoš

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to the group!

Hey everyone just wanted to join your group. DH and I have been tryng for a little while and I am on some new medication the fertility doctor gave me so heres hoping it works. I'll post any good news when it comes around.

Post Thanks / Like

Lizzy...you're so close to WDW too so you will definently have to go get those ears!!!!!!!!
    And August may seem far away now...but it will fly by!!!
    I can't wait to see pics of your little one once he/she is here at WDW!!!!

Ariel.....sending lots of babydust your way!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see that "I'm pregnant" post from you!!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Lizzy!!!! Here's hoping you feel great throughout your pregnancy!

Ariel - hang in there, it took us over 6 years and tons of meds and a m/c, but DS finally arrived in November. All the best luck to you and DH.

Terra - He looks so cute! Do you recall which store you got the ears at? I am sure we will find them at the Chapeau at MK - I need to get them for Benjie!!!!

Benjamin is doing great - I cannot believe he is 7 weeks already! I am still BF'ing, but the pump rental has been a HUGE help. The other huge help is the vibrating/bouncy chair - best purchase ever!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Flower...thanks!!
    We got the ears at the little Kiosk on the right hand side of future world just as you're getting ready to walk down the main drag into World Showcase...they probably have them at mousegears too or MK like you said!!! I put them up in his nursery...but I'll have him wear them again when we go to MK in January!

Post Thanks / Like

Terra, the photos are adorable!!! I can't wait to take Felicity to WDW! We're planning on taking our first trip with her next fall when she's 1yo. I'm so excited about it!!

Welcome Ariel03!! Sending lots of pixie dust for your future baby!

Does anyone have any advice for getting their baby to sleep? Felicity won't sleep unless she's being held. We've tried implementing a nighttime routine, so she knows when it's time to go to bed. We've tried putting her in her crib when she's tired, but not asleep so that she'll fall asleep on her own... we've also tried getting her to sleep and then putting her down in her crib or bassinett but she wakes up 10 minutes later crying. Nothing seems to be working... does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

The only advice I can give you is to get into a routine of food, bath, lullabies, crib. Jackson also always wanted to be held. I did it all the time, now I'm trying to get him out of it. This week we started trying to get him to fall asleep on his own, it's working. He cried 20mins first night, now it was down to 9mins last night. What isn't working is the staying asleep after 12pm in his own crib. I've got to work on that but that shouldn't be too hard. And I've got to get him on a better nap schedule. If you start now on schedules it will work and make it so much easier for you. Keep in mind that by the time they are 6-7 months old they will start getting in to a one nap a day thing. Mine likes to take 3 30min naps a day. I want 1 nap at 2 hrs for him. We'll get it soon. Good luck! Another tip, if your babies are acting like they aren't getting enough milk, then up the amount a little at a time. Jackson started on cereal really early because formula wasn't enough by 2 1/2 months. Now he's ready for big people food as we call it. Sorry so long! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

We are lucky (I hope I don't jinx us!) Benjie sleeps ALOT!

I find his evening awake time is from about 8pm to midnight, this is when we have alot of playtime. I then give him a good bottle and he falls right asleep and sleeps in his crib until about 6am.

During the day I let him sleep in his boucy/vibrating chair - it is wonderful! Ours is the Fisher Price Aquarium one. My only complaint is that it is battery operated and I have had to change them about once a week, I wish it was electric. It is also portable for going to friends and families homes!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

So far knock on wood David does pretty good about sleeping AND going to sleep...

He sleeps in our room in a bassinet...I'm so paranoid about SIDS that I can't bring myself to put him in his crib at night in his room....We'll keep him in our room until he's about 6 or 7 months in a pack n play...

He eats around 9pm -10pm then sleeps until about 2am...eats then goes back to sleep until about 6am...so not bad!

I feed him and lay him down in his bassinet when he's drowsy and he falls asleep! Thank God!!

Best of luck to you though...the ladies gave you some great advice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra

I'm so paranoid about SIDS that I can't bring myself to put him in his crib at night in his room....
    Me too - we have the angel care monitor and I think that is why I am able to sleep myself hen he is in his crib at night.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

I have really enjoyed reading everyon's posts in here. My little mouseketeer will be 8 weeks old on Thursday. She had her first trip to Disney in December. I wanted to get the first ear hat for her but it is very hard to get the girl ears. The boy ones are everywhere but the girl ones (pink with princesses) is almost non-existant! We have had a rough run with Mackenzie..she was a dfficult c-section (due to scar tissue from my first one) and then we wound up in hospita at 2 weeks old with RSV. Thanks to my immunity from the breastfeeding that was not a major issue. Then back in with a suspected UTI...which after some horrible testing and a re-check turned out to be a contaminated specimen! Sadly during all of this we had to stop breastfeeding. She developed thrush and they wanted me to pump while it was being treated. She dd not want the breast milk from a bottle so by the time she got out of the hospital I could not get her to take the breast anymore. I was devastated and still am. I had a horrible time with my first child nd this time was so much better...now we are dealing with terrible gas from the formula (tried lactose free and everything with no luck..any suggestions always welcome!)
    Sorry, I am rambling on here.
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories, it is nice to hear from other moms!

Post Thanks / Like

My son had colic(gas) with the formula. We had him on Similac Isomil for a couple of months until he grew out of it. The gas drops really do work. The Walmart brand is the same as the Mylicon. You get a bigger bottle. Another thing that helped was to lay my son on his stomach on the floor on a blanket for a little while. He burped easier. He went back on his regular formula after a couple of months and was fine. Boy was I happy that period was over too. It's hard to believe that 6 months has passed by so fast.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mommies! Sorry I haven't been around, but with the holidays, moving, and work, I've been super busy. But I've missed you all!

I'm now 26 weeks, so I'll be going to the OB every two weeks now. I'm going for my glucose tolerance test next week (wish me luck--I failed with my DS), and then in three weeks my doctor is going to try to get me a "sneak" ultrasound so that we can finally find out what the baby's sex is.

Happy New Year...now I'm off to catch up with all of your posts, and re-add the thread to my subscribed list. For some reason it was deleted.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn
    Does anyone have any advice for getting their baby to sleep? Felicity won't sleep unless she's being held. We've tried implementing a nighttime routine, so she knows when it's time to go to bed. We've tried putting her in her crib when she's tired, but not asleep so that she'll fall asleep on her own... we've also tried getting her to sleep and then putting her down in her crib or bassinett but she wakes up 10 minutes later crying. Nothing seems to be working... does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Liam was the same way. About how old is she now, though? I was going to say that the advice that TigChatt gave is right on the money, but then I remembered that it didn't work with Liam until he was about 4 months old. So I really think that it's something that they also need to grow into. Liam just liked to be held.

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: