Quantcast Moms and Moms-to-Be Club - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower
    Is anyone going for a 4-D ultrasound? I have one booked for the end of the month, I have to pay for it though. Has anyone done it and do you feel it was worth it?
    I had one when I was 29 weeks along with my DS. It was pricey, but DH and I both agreed it was SO worth it!! We loved the entire experience...it was nice to put a face with the little guy inside. We also enjoyed watching the DVD over and over and sending the pictures out to family. We also noticed that after DS was born, he still did many of the same things that he did in the womb (I mean, duh! Where else would he get it...) But, it was neat to actually see that he did that before he was born. One example, DS had very poor control over his index finger, so he pointed the 2nd finger on each hand ALL the time! Well, we have one of the 3-D ultrasound photos of him doing the same thing!! It is also sweet to see them smile/grimace...just like they do when they are sleeping once they are born.

Enjoy it!

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thank you DisneyAggies!!!!! I think sense of humor and a good bedside personality are a must too!!!
    I'm so nervous thinking about it all!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAggies
    I had one when I was 29 weeks along with my DS. It was pricey, but DH and I both agreed it was SO worth it!! We loved the entire experience...it was nice to put a face with the little guy inside. We also enjoyed watching the DVD over and over and sending the pictures out to family. We also noticed that after DS was born, he still did many of the same things that he did in the womb (I mean, duh! Where else would he get it...) But, it was neat to actually see that he did that before he was born. One example, DS had very poor control over his index finger, so he pointed the 2nd finger on each hand ALL the time! Well, we have one of the 3-D ultrasound photos of him doing the same thing!! It is also sweet to see them smile/grimace...just like they do when they are sleeping once they are born.

Enjoy it!
    I'm having mine towards the end of Sept at my OB!! woo hoo I am very thankful that my insurance pays for it...they won't pay for a DVD of course..but I think I'll probably pass on that anyway since it's $100...eek...
    I can't wait to see what my little one looks like!!

I would suggest thought that if you can have it done through your OB...if they don't offer it then you can always ask who they recommened because some of the places that are not medically affiliated are not always regulated and the technicians are not always trained...

The FDA has more information...
    If this link violates TOS you can remove it
    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/104_images.html
    Or you can always go to the FDA website and type in Keepsake Ultrasound and it will bring some links up for you...

Just an FYI...it's better to have too much information than not enough!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, its been awhile for me to type anything. I get long enough to lurk! I have been raising Jackson by myself for a month b/c hubby has been in Nevada with the military. It has been tough but I'm almost done! Aug 25th is hubby's return date. Jackson developed colic at 6wks, and now at 9wks is almost over it. The screaming goes right through you. Everyone tells you that its ok for babies to cry, I cant let my baby cry like that just to get a shower. Invest in a couple of boxes of those Mylicon drops, they are worth it to have around. I got lucky enough that around 7wks, he started sleeping through the night (8:30 or 9pm to 4:30 or 5am) and I love it. Let's see...oh he is holding his head up really good now, no flopping at all. And I love it when he talks to me, his daddy on the phone, and his toys! He tries so hard to make sounds that I ended up laughing because he's so cute! Sorry that its so long but I havent been able to type lately.
    ~~Heather

Laughter is timeless
    Imagination has no age
    And dreams are forever

July 04-Honeymoon
    May 05-Bought Fairfield Timeshare on Disney Property
    Sept/Oct 05-Weekend Trip
    Oct 06-Baby's first trip

2008-Disneyland Premium Annual Passholder!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, TigChatt! It must be hard for you to be without your DH right now, but at least he'll be coming home soon!

I'm 30 weeks today and I can't believe the pregnancy is almost over! Only 10 more weeks to go!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I can't wait to see my baby but I'm worried about the delivery - the pain, healing afterwards, how long it might take, etc. I guess you just have to wait and try to go with the flow. I'm going to sign up for a prenatal class that covers what to expect so hopefully I'll be more comfortable after that.

Heartburn has been a KILLER lately!! I keep Tums by my bed LOL.

I also took the plunge and cut all my hair off. I'm a little depressed about it but it will be SO much easier to maintain once the baby is born. My hair was about to the middle of my back and now it's right below my chin. A big change - but it will always grow back, right?

Has anyone had a baby shower yet? My mom is throwing me a small shower (just close friends and family) this Saturday. My sister wants to throw another shower in the middle of October for all of our friends (yikes!). I feel big and uncomfortable now - I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like two weeks before my due date. I almost want to tell her to wait until after the baby is born but she's the type of person who would get really offended. Bleh...I hate these situations.

How is everyone doing?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Tigg,
    That must be so hard without DH with you, I can't even begin to imagine. Glad to hear little Jackson is doing well though and letting you get some good sleep!!!

mjaclyn,
    Sorry about the heartburn. What a big decision for your hair!!! I did the same thing a few years back and am trying to grow it long again now. I love being able to bunch it up in a hair clip and go!

I did my long sugar test and everything is okay according to the doc. One blood sample was a little high, he just wants me to stay off the sugary things - tough because all I have been wanting of lately is Five Alive, and of course there is alot of sugar in juice!

There has been no mention of a baby shower for me yet - I don't know if I will get one as there were 2 for me when we adopted Brandon. Totally different situation though as Brandon was 18 months when we got him - I have nothing for a newborn. I would prefer to wait until after the baby is born though - talk to your sister, I am sure she will understand.

Otherwise, things are going well - alot of movement today! I realized yesterday that I only have 8-9 weeks left to work - wow has it ever gone by fast!

How about baby names? We have a girls name, have not even considered boys names yet.

Terra,
    I was thinkin of yah last night! There was a show on TV about Spook Hill in Lake Wales! We have been by it but have never actually tried it - it may be something for us to do in January though.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I had my first official trip to L&D today! [Warning in advance...sorry this is long ]
    Sunday evening I noticed that my little guy's movements slowed down significantly!

So I laid down and did my kick count and he only moved about 3 times in a hour.
    So I drank something sugary and ate something sugary too, laid back down and counted again...Only about 4 movements...
    I have a doppler so I kept listening to the heartbeat and it was fine so I wasn't too worried...but I hated to be overly paranoid and go running to L&D last night for nothing...so all night I would wake up like every hour to see if he was moving...He didn't alot...I would coax him a bit and he would move a little and then stop...only about 2 movments each time...I slept maybe 3 hours!

So this morning I hate breakfast [cherrios, toast and OJ]thinking Oh, he's having a slow day so he'll start moving soon...and I went to work...just a few little kicks and that was it...so I called my OB and she said go ahead to L&D and get monitored even though I had a DA this afternoon anyway...

So I went and spent the next 4 1/2 hours there!!
    As soon as they hooked up the monitors wouldn't you know it...Ka-Pow...Kick Kick...Punch Punch...roll...turn...flutter....NON stop for about 1 1/2 hours!!!He was being a stinker for his mommy already!! The HB was great ranging from 130-160....The L&D nurse left me on the monitor for 3 hours and she said he looks great...but the doctor ordered an U/S just in case to measure fluid and and check the placenta and umbilical cord...He scored an 8 out of 8..PERFECT....
    So they sent me onto my appointment for the routine weight and BP check...and all was great there...my BP was 116/60...And they are having me come back Thursday for about 20 more minutes of fetal monitoring just to be sure!!

Anyway...they highly stressed doing the kick count regulary now...[which I was anyway, that's why I got worried]...

Now my advice...and what they told me!!....
    Please, please, please be sure to do your kick counts!! They are vitally important to helping determine if they're may a problem....the kick count sheet they gave me said that the movments should be no less than 10 per 2 hour period [when you're monitoring...and try to monitor at the same time everyday]..If you don't get 10 movments then drink something sugary and lay back down on your left side and count again...again...if 10 counts can not be detected then call your doctor right away during normal business hours OR go to L&D after hours to get monitored...

They gold me that in some cases it can even help prevent stillbirth [God forbid!!] They said some women will come in and say they haven't felt the baby in a week and then the worst has happened!! A day is too long they said!! The nurse was a upset with me [in a good way] that I didn't come last night! So now I know to go right away if I even suspect a change in his activity...

Anyway...I just wanted to update you and pass on what I've learned

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty scary. I am glad that everything is fine. My little guy kicks all the time and wakes me up all the time. The other night he even woke up DH when we were snuggling.

I have not been posting alot. DS really keeps me running and I hate to spend a lot of time on the computer when we only have about six weeks left with just the two of us.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula
    That is pretty scary. I am glad that everything is fine. My little guy kicks all the time and wakes me up all the time. The other night he even woke up DH when we were snuggling.

I have not been posting alot. DS really keeps me running and I hate to spend a lot of time on the computer when we only have about six weeks left with just the two of us.
    Wow!!! Only 6 weeks...how exciting for you
    I don't blame you one bit for spending time with you DS right now

Yeah, it was scary...and usually things are just fine...but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry! And today of course baby boy is all over the place...lol...

amyn2610 Guest

I'm very thankful all turned out okay-that happened to me too with DD. I was about 28-30 weeks along-and she completely stopped moving...this kid was ALWAYS doing something. I went right in & everything was fine-of course she started kicking & punching me again as soon as I got there-relieved me nonetheless.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear everything is alright! My baby kept me up awhile last night - she was going crazy! My mom threw me a baby shower this past weekend and it was a lot of fun. We were able to get a bunch of baby things that we really needed and seeing all the adorable clothes makes me so excited!! I really hope it's a girl now because otherwise I'll have to return lots of little pink things, LOL.

I started going for my doctor's appts every two weeks now and just went yesterday. The doc said everything was looking great! DH and I are going to lamaze in a couple of weeks. I also signed up for a prenatal class and a pre-baby visit with the pediatrician. The only thing I have left to do is tour the hospital - has anyone done that yet?

The baby's room is getting there - my parents offered to come over on Labor Day to help DH paint it. I'm going to go with a nice pale yellow just in case 'she' turns out to be a boy. We ordered the crib but it probably won't arrive for another 6 weeks - I can't wait to see the room all set up!!

How is everyone else doing? I'm feeling pretty good - just really tired and sometimes out of breath. I can be standing up and talking to someone and then suddenly be out of breath. I don't like that feeling at all but the doctor says it's normal. Has anyone else had that problem?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I get out of breath too and it happens at the strangest times. I can do a whole spinning class at the gym and be fine but then I get out of breath carrying my two year old to bed.

I had appt today. The baby turned and now he is in a breach position. My midwife gave me all this "homework" to get the little guy in a better position but I am still concerned. Now we have to go back next week to see if it worked. I had a feeling he had turned because I felt this strong movement I knew had to be more than a kick and now I can feel this big lump near my ribs.

I also talked to her about my heartburn. I know some other people had problems with this and she told me several things besides the tums and not eating spicy foods. She said not to drink anything with meals and not to drink an hour before or after I eat. She also said not to lie down for an hour after I ate. I am going to try this today. My hearburn has been really terrible and the tums don't seem to work anymore.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I just had my daughter on July 17th. I could have been conversing with you ladies. Hope everyone is having a wonderful pregnancy!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Terra,
    Glad to hear that everything is okay! I know how unsure I can get and given both of our histories I don't think anyone could blame us. I think I am still in shoock and hope everyday for my litle ones safe arrival.

I met with the midwife earlier this week - I will not decide on whether to keep my doctor or switch to the midwife until I find out if the placenta is still laying low. If it is still low, I will stick with my doctor. If it has moved, I will go with the midwife - She would only refer me back to an OB if it is laying low anyway, so I see no point in switching over yet.

I go tomorrow for my 4D ultrasound - I can't wait!

I went shopping tonight and am a little bummed at not knowing if it is a boy or girl - I am looking forward to the 'surprise' and am glad we are waiting until birth, but man do I ever want to shop for clothes and cannot really find alot of non-gender specific colours.

Mjaclyn,
    We had our hospital tour about a month ago. The hospital my OB has rights at is OLD and I really was not impressed. If I go with the midwife, they have rights at a hospital that is only 5 years old and everything is modern. That is one of the main reasons I will go with the midwife, plus I like the constant care you get with them, and you know who will be delivering the baby as opposed to any on call doctor I have not even met.

DH is almost done the drywall in the basement, once that is sone we have to paint, install floors, ceiling and trim. Once all of that is done we can move my craft stuff out of the soon-to-be babys nursery and start getting it ready. I painted it a lilac/perrywinkle colour last December, it will be a good nursery colour for a while so I do not have to paint. I want to get the carpets cleaned before we set up the furniture. The baby's furniture is slated to arrive September 27th, so I still am a month off.

Disneynarula,
    That is too funny that the little one woke up DH the other night! I hope everything works out with the heartburn and shortness of breath - I admire you for doing a spinning class!

Cinderella,
    Congrats on your daughter. Please feel free to join us and keep us posted on her progress. We are all looking for tips from all moms! As the original post says, New moms & moms to be!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Terra,
    Glad to hear that everything is okay! I know how unsure I can get and given both of our histories I don't think anyone could blame us. I think I am still in shoock and hope everyday for my litle ones safe arrival.
    I totally agree..that's how I feel everyday!! I know we'll be so thrilled beyond words once we are holding them in our arms!!!

I hope that it all works out for you to switch to your midwife!!
    And have fun at the 4D u/s!!!!
    You'll have to post a link so we can see the pictures!!!!
    I have mine sometime near the end of Sept I believer!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinderella crazy
    I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I just had my daughter on July 17th. I could have been conversing with you ladies. Hope everyone is having a wonderful pregnancy!
    Welcome cinderella!!! We're glad you're here!!!
    How's your beautful daughter doing???

Post Thanks / Like

I went for my 4D ultrasound today.

The little one was practically curled up in a ball, and was holding his/her feet most of the time! Very cute!

I got a few pictures and a DVD, but I was a tad disappointed that the baby wasn't very active. Of course, now that I am home and typing all of this the kicks are coming fast & furious!

Oh well, at least the little one seems to be doing well and appears healthy!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

I went for my 4D ultrasound today.

The little one was practically curled up in a ball, and was holding his/her feet most of the time! Very cute!

I got a few pictures and a DVD, but I was a tad disappointed that the baby wasn't very active. Of course, now that I am home and typing all of this the kicks are coming fast & furious!

Oh well, at least the little one seems to be doing well and appears healthy!
    Yeah!! how exciting...I wish there was a way to post them so we could see!! Could you tell who the baby looks like? You or DH? We have ours Sept 12th and I can't wait!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow Mommy's-to-be. I'm today 5 months along with my first pregnancy. I will be yet another month prego, when we go on our vacation. Can't wait for the ultrasound coming up soon, as then I will know weather to buy pink or blue baby Disney things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maizey05
    Hello fellow Mommy's-to-be. I'm today 5 months along with my first pregnancy. I will be yet another month prego, when we go on our vacation. Can't wait for the ultrasound coming up soon, as then I will know weather to buy pink or blue baby Disney things.
    Congrats How exciting...
    Keep us posted on the 'pink or blue' ... lol!!!
    Have a great vacation too

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: