Quantcast Disney Theme Park Playsets - Page 12

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Keys to the Magic playsets are older sets that were produced before the official coolection. They were originally theme park only but were then sold at the place where I work, Disney Store. They were discontinued in about 2002. They included: Showtime Celebration Castle and Stage, Spalsh Mountain, It's a Small World, Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, and Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

The sets that are avialavble now are mostly about 3 diecast that haven't been discontinued. Wilderness Lodge Lincoln Logs, Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Sorcerer's Hat, Space Mountain, Railroad, Monorail. Nothing else that I can think of except for possibly Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. All the other 100 or so playsets have all been discontinued and liquidated. Just look for anything that says Disney Theme Park Collection or has a golden castle on the box that looks like it would fit into your resort.

Good luck! and have a great trip! I will be in Disneyland next week, sadly nothing new there for these playsets.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

• Sales Associate - Disney Store #557
    • Attractions Host - Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise
    • Lead Sales Associate - Disney Store #339

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question ? for DisneyWorldMaster

I was reading this thread and saw "Banned" under your name (instead of Intercot Guest, Cast Member, etc.). What's that all about?
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

Disney is Magic Guest

Thumbs up Thanks for your help disneydude1!

Hi,

for the great and helpful information disneydude1! Well, only one more sleep until our Disney Vacation!We are so excited the kids can't sleep... which of course that means we can't either... Ha ha ha! I will search high and low for those playsets you mentioned disneydude1. I hope I can find them all! I saved up alot of money for these sets. I have quite a bit of room in my basement. I might set up a Disney Resort like you guys out there It sounds like a fun hobbey! I am looking forward to it! imaprincess!, I have no clue why that is either... sorry I couldn't have been any help to you there. Anyways, disneydude1 and DisneyWorldMaster keep up the great work on your resorts! disneydude1, thanks again for all your time and help!

Have a great day!

Disney is Magic Guest

Hi,

Guys, you know I am still here? Please respond I would love to hear from you guys again!

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Disney is Magic,
    How was your trip to WDW? I just got back from DL last night and there was only one new thing. The pirates playset with Pete, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, a raft and a smaller ship. It was available before and I have it, but now the characters are wearing new costumes matching there NEW bean bag companions. Thats all I've got!
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everybody,
    Sorry I haven't been posting more but anyways, disneydude1 I just found on ebay that the new monorails have come out with little figures and opening doors and it's blue stripe anyways how was your trip to DL?
    VMK name:disneyracerdude

"As long as there's imagination Disneyland will never be complete" Walt Disney

"Ladies and Gentleman we are making are way to the entrance of Main Street USA gatway to the 7themed lands of the Magic Kingdom."Monorail Spiel

Disney is Magic Guest

Default New Pirates Playsets

Hi,

Wow! A updated playset? This is the first in about.... well... ummm... ever... ha ha ha! And my trip to WDW was superb! Got all the avalible sets too! Planning to build up my resort this weekend! This should be SO fun!!! disneydude1, do you have any sugestions for my resort? I also saw the renovation notice on your site! Keep up the great updating! I would love to see your resort's new photos after renovations!

Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

My trip to DL was also superb. That is so cool aboyut the new monorail FINALLY! I ordered it yesterday and it is now on its way here from FL. While I was in DL I did spot another updated playset. The pirates playset that is $18 with the ship, fort, raft, 4 charcaters, etc. now has the characters wearing the same clothes as the new Pirates Bean Bags.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

There is a new monorail? I purchased one back in April from WDW mail order, and it is gold. Is this the one you are talking about?
    Josh
    aka Beaches and Cream
    DVC Members- 11/06/01!
    37 Trips to the Beach Club Villas! (and counting!)

Post Thanks / Like

No there is an even newer monorail now. It is blue and has opening doors with figures. It is $70 instead of $60 for the standard monorail (Red, Black, Purple, Yellow and Gold).
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    Sorry haven't been posting but anyways a little surprise happen this week as I went to Disney World and it was hot but still very nice but I got to see the new monorail in person it's very impressive, but not enough green in the pocket but it looks like it's worth it.

"Ladies and Gentleman we are making are way to the entrance of Main Street USA gatway to the 7themed lands of the Magic Kingdom."Monorail Spiel

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone have any extra monrail accessories still in the box they would like to sell? like hotels and rides etc? if so pm me thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,
    Sorry I haven't been updating, but I received my new opening doors blue stripe monorail about two weeks ago, it is amazing. By far the best monorail yet! Also, I recently purchased CInderella's Golden Carrousel, Showtime Celebration, It's A Small World, and Spalsh Mountain playsets on eBay. Also, my resort's website has been updated recently.

That's all I've got for now!
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy this thing hasn't gotten posted in months!! Okay time to bring this back to life anyways hopefully yall are out there still.Anyways I haven't found nothing new but please start posting more.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone,
    Its time to get this forum up and running again especially with the release of the green stripe monorail. Is anybody else out there?
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wanting to collect all of these playsets from the moment I first saw them. When I was in WDW back in March last year, I did not see many. A quick search on Ebay has a lot of these playsets a little too expensive for my blood.

I would love to get a hold of several eventually and set up a huge display! That'd be so great!

I haven't gone through this whole thread, so maybe I should, but does anyone have pictures of their set ups of these that they'd like ot share? I'd love to see how everyone displays their playsets!
    Walt Disney World Trips
    Oct. 2003 - offsite
    June 2004 - offsite
    Mar. 2005 - offsite
    Mar. 2007 - All-Star Movies

Disneyland Trips
    May 2008 - offsite (Engaged!)

Next Trip:
    2010 Disney Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Default cheap dumbo set doesnt work

hi there every one. i recently been bying the dumbo monorail theme park set. on ebay. everyone i gotten (3) i had to return. the problem? they dont work. any one know y? or how to fix it?

Post Thanks / Like

I went through 4 Dumbo playsets before I found one that worked. My original one worked for about a year and then I bought two off of eBay and they both didn't work and then finally I got one that did. I'm not sure how to fix the problem. I just kept buying ones until they worked.

Also, my Disney Resort set-up can be seen at the homepage listed in my profile. it is a website for my pretend resort with info about everything and if you click on the photos link it will show you the actual toys set up I have.
    Last edited by Beast_fanatic; 01-16-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Terms of Service
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

Post Thanks / Like

Default dumbo still wont fly

i took the dumbo ride apart. i had no chocie. the seller wouldnt take it back. and i was thinkin the prob was the teeths gear didnt line up. but that wasnt it. o well. have to figure somthing else out. also do u know if disneys well be addin any other theme sets and when?

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Great post & pics! I'm trying to figure out what my DS has. Is the diecast of a Blue boat vehicle with a boy in a sombrero in the front seat and Mickey in the back seat...is it Small World or El Rio Del Tiempo? Doesn't sound like there are any diecasts at WDW now?

Sounds like I'll be able to find a few things. He still needs the Castle, new Monorail, WL Lincoln Logs. What else is available now at WDW...I'm looking for the following also: Main Street Station, Monorail Switching Station, Resort Playsets. I couldn't find photos of these, but they sound interesting: Test Track Playset?, Pirates Set? Tomorrowland Set-that one sounds particularly cool...any photos?
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment