I enjoy Alien Encounter. It is great fun with awesome special effects. It can be rather creepy at times. I would not take a young child on this attraction beacause of the loudness and special effects. The shoulder harness people keep talking about does not bother me at all. Here is a tip if you are worried about the shoulder harness: When the harness is lowering at the beginning of the show, shrug your shoulders upward so that the harness will stop higher up. Then, once the harness is set, you can relax your shoulders. However, I suggest that you not do this tip because it takes away from the attraction experience. Just sit up nice and straight as the harness lowers. AE has a great preshow as well as a great show. If you listen to everything closely, you can here some funny comments during the show. The comments are made to sound like they are coming from people in the audience but the comments are actually a recorded part of the show. I suggest you try it. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]