I know it's been a long time coming but we really are in the home stretch.

You'll notice this weekend that forums are being consolidated for the move to the new boards. This will mean some will go away, some will be moved to different places - but right now, I'm not deleting any posts or topics - just moving them.

The new site will combine the ability to post directly to the Discussion Boards OR comment directly on an article - and the post will show up in both places.

When launched - all user accounts will be transferred - but all passwords will expire. Once you log on to the new site, you will need to have your new password mailed to you at which point you'll be able to change it. We'll post instructions on how to do that at the top of the boards.

It's my hope that the combination of a new site, updated format for mobile, more frequent updates and easy sharing to social will help reinvigorate the site so we can see our 30th birthday.

As you all know - this is not any of the staff here's main job. We all volunteer time to keep things up to date. Once the new site launches - we'll need your help getting the word out. This should happen in mid June/early July realistically given our schedules.

Thanks for sticking with us - it's been a long hard road to convert 27 years of content over and weed through what's relevant and not. We appreciate your support.

John