for the first time ever, I actually got what I requested! Asked for a room in the mansions and they put us in 8905 (third floor of Magnolia Terrace. I do think the rooms need a little updating - no clock or USB ports, not really enough plug ins. But it did feel larger than our room at Universal with more storage space, and I like the curtained off area with the two sinks. Comfortable beds. BUT the room smelled very strongly of mothballs. Why would that be? We didn't find it intolerable, but I touch weird. Noisy air conditioning, but it worked. It looks like the Alligator Bayou buildings have been more recently updated? At least on the outside. Pool area very nice although we prefer the quiet pools and I LOVE the new app for the laundry facility, which is never too busy!!! Very good service throughout - had some great conversations with people who clearly love their job. We took the "no housekeeping" option and got a $50 gift card (10 dollars per night). We called them twice - once for blankets and once for towels and to empty the trash and they were very prompt. I don't care about having someone else make my beds, so this worked very well for us. I just hope it isn't putting people out of work. I do also wonder why housekeeping walked in twice (I didn't think we needed to put up the privacy sign since we'd declined housekeeping)....maybe they have to check to make sure people aren't wrecking the place? Not a big deal - just the kid trying to sleep until noon both times. This is still my favourite moderate and I'd happily stay here again.