Sunday, January 21, 2018

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law arrive at our home. They will be accompanying us to Disney World for several days. We have a lovely dinner at home and settle in for the evening.

Monday, January 22, 2018

While still at home, I get an e-mail telling me our room in already ready. We pack up our two cars and head towards Disney, stopping at Perkins for breakfast along the way.

Once at Saratoga Springs, we head directly to Congress Park where our room is located. We have a first floor room but, unfortunately, we have a view of the bus stop rather than Downtown Springs. Oh well. We all get settled in. My husband and brother-in-law head to the Carriage House to retrieve the scooter I had reserved for use by my sister-in-law during our stay since she has mobility issues.

With the scooter ready for use, we head over to Disney Springs via the walkway. We locate Guest Relations and activate the four day park passes for our relatives (My husband and I have annual passes). Passes all set up, we return to our room, again using the walkway. We have some time, so we get completely settled in and relax.

This evening, we have reservations at California Grill. We take the wheelchair instead of the scooter. Once at the Magic Kingdom, we walk over to the Contemporary. After a brief stop in the shops on the fourth floor, we make our way down to the second floor to check in for dinner. Once upstairs, we barely set our backsides in chairs in the lounge before our beeper sounds. We are seated at a table along the window which has lovely views of the upcoming sunset and the Magic Kingdom. We all have goat cheese ravioli for our appetizer. Three of us have the bison for our entree and one has the swordfish. None of us has room to think about dessert.

When we leave the Contemporary, we walk over to Bay Lake Tower and head to Top of the World. We are able to find a seat but had we arrived any later, there wouldn't have been any seats available. We have drinks and, when it is time for the fireworks we head outside to watch them. This is the first time I've seen Happily Ever After. It was quite enjoyable but I do miss Wishes. The fireworks, as well as park closing, was at 8 pm this evening. I was quite surprised at the early park closing time.

Following the fireworks, we walk back to the Magic Kingdom and catch a bus back to Saratoga Springs. We are soon in bed but I just don't sleep well on this night.