Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Wow ... I normally agree with you on most things, but on this I have a very different point of view. I'm actually quite shocked, though, to see how many people agreed with you so maybe I'm off base I dunno.

I've viewed the last five to ten years of Disney animation as something of a renaissance for them. In fact, where it used to be that Pixar's animation offerings were head and shoulders better than Disney's, I almost feel as though that has flipped. WDFA has had some AMAZING films in the last few years. I mean Frozen is a masterpiece and is only the highest grossing animated feature of all time. Moana was a gem, as well. My kids (ages 7-15) absolutely adore these films and watch them constantly. In between those two was Zootopia, which is another fantastic film that my kids (and my wife and I, as well) were obsessed with for a year after it came out. And Big Hero 6 was also a terrific film. I'd submit you'd be hard pressed to find four Disney animated features in a row that were of this quality at any time in their entire history.

As far as the Disney Channel content, all of my kids grew up almost exclusively on Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior and then graduated to the Disney Channel. The pre-school shows have been excellent for decades, but I'll admit the tweener/teen shows on The Disney Channel are a little corny. But then again I'm not the target audience and my kids and all their friends are obsessed with like Good Luck Charlie and shows like that.

I'll slam Disney for a lot of things, but honestly I don't think their content output has ever been stronger.
The one good thing about Disney is that they have a lot of stuff for a lot of different tastes. I absolutely hated Frozen and Zootopia. My daughter doesn't like them either, and they don't hold my granddaughter's attention. I did like Tangled. I will take Lion King/Little Mermaid/etc over the movies now though. My favorites are still the original princess movies.