So..... here I am, 117 days away from my first ever solo trip to WDW... And I'm not done getting things together... but I have time, right???? So far, hotels are booked as are ADRs... Some changes may still take place... Just need to get my Amtrak ticket (hopefully this week), and theme park passes... Yes, I do think I am going to be a WDW annual passholder again... I stopped because, frankly, I saw such a decline in the parks and felt the price was no longer worth it... BUT, that, in my opinion, has changed!!! And with what we already know is coming, the parks are in for a great turn around... Looking at the golden pass, offered to Florida residents and DVC members... I think it is worth the price, especially since I am heading down in October, with plans for two more additional trips in April 2018 and possible August/September 2018... Those visits will really make the Gold AP worth it for me...

Anyway, let me detail my plans as they currently are scheduled...

October 15th - I will be leaving NJ via Amtrak... Taken Amtrak many times before, and I love it...

October 16th - I will be arriving in Kissimmee and will then pick up my rental car... Just need to get a ride to the hotel where the car rental place is... There are plenty of cabs available, or hopefully my unreliable friend suddenly becomes reliable and picks me up LOL... Once I have my rental car, I'll be driving on over to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village where I have a Deluxe Studio with a Savanna view booked... I think I requested Sunshine Savanna view, close to the bus... Planning on relaxing then heading to Disney Springs to pick up a sandwich at Earl's and bringing it back to my room, which has now become my new first night tradition...

October 17 - Planning on hitting up Animal Kingdom... Didn't book any theme park dining there... I really like Flame Tree BBQ plus I want to the new place in Pandora, Satu'li Canteen... Hearing good things about the food there... I do have dinner ADRs booked at T-rex... I feel T-Rex is always a must do!!!

October 18 - Making this the first Magic Kingdom day... Booked myself breakfast at Kona Cafe (TONGA TOAST!!!!!!)... I plan on spending the entire day and night here... Want to catch the new nighttime show, Happily Ever After... No dinner ADRs... Counter service at any of their CS places will more than suffice...

October 19 - Planning on this day to be Universal Studios/IOA... Going to buy the 1 day, 2 park ticket... Figured I spend some time in US, hop Hogwarts Express over to IOA, spend some time there, then back to US... Finish the night with Halloween Horror Nights!!! No ADRs booked... Looking to, hopefully, eat at Leaky Cauldron, but Three Broomsticks is a great fall back option...

October 20 - Epcot... I can make a day of this easily... Epcot used to be my 2nd favorite WDW park, but it has really slipped lately... I'm hoping for a renewal, and I hear some decent things about the future... But it is littered with IP and the core mission of Epcot Center is truly dead.... Hoping for the best!!!! Anyways, ADR for lunch at Nine Dragons and ADR dinner at Biergarten... Gotta have my fill of German food!!!! Finish the night off with Illuminations... Ahhhhhhhhhh

October 21 - will be a little hectic I fear... Checking out of Animal Kingdom and into Saratoga Springs, where I have an One bedroom villa waiting for me... I'm going to spend time at Hollywood Studios... Since it is a half day park, and really, it is at the moment, this day is perfect for DHS... No ADRs booked at all this day... Won't dine alone at 50's Prime Time, and I really have no idea if my unreliable friend will be around at all... So not including him and his wife!!! I'll catch Fantasmic as I always do...

October 22 - Second Magic Kingdom day and last theme park day... Going to take my time and take in the surroundings of MK, my favorite WDW park (at the moment)... ADRs for the day: Lunch at BoG and dinner at Jungle Navigation Co LTD Skipper Canteen Dinner... Never ate there, not knowing what to expect, but I have heard it's good...

October 23/24 - Travel days... Leaving Florida on the 23rd and will be home on the 24th...

I'll update and add when plans do change!!!