So, we were planning on surprising our girls with a Christmas gift of a trip to DW next June - it's been over 2yrs, and we're all ready.

Then Sherlock (the BBC show) announced their first USA convention in Los Angeles next year, in May. My 18yr old is OBSESSED with this show... knows every nuance of it, absolutely loves & adores it and all the characters, etc... I really wanted to take her to their 2nd convention in London this year as a graduation gift, but it was a month after she was starting college, and there was just no way. So instead, I was going to take her to NYC when she's home over the holidays for 2 or 3 nights, let her have her fill of touring the city and seeing a couple Broadway shows together... just a mom/daughter trip. (She's a theatre/performance/tv production major & LOVES NYC. )

So now we're considering changing it all up and offering her the Sherlock convention instead, and making it a family trip beforehand to go to DL for the first time, combined with some LA touring. Our girls have been BEGGING to visit California & DL, so we were thinking maybe this would be a way to kill 2 birds with one stone, and save some $$.

So!! Now that you have the whole story - thoughts on DL mid-May, whether or not 2 days or 3 is better, places to stay if you're not staying on property??

Go!!