Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
The thing that the 3 of you have in common is you all haven't booked a trip there in a while but have booked at a WDW resort in the past, so they are trying to get people in that category to book. Conversely, I am going to be there for 2 nights at the end of June after closing on the sale of my parents' condo and I am not finding any decent (to me) prices for Deluxe category accommodations. Of course, no availability with DVC for me to use my points (unless I want a grand villa). Haven't seen a pin offer in ages!

And Disney will adjust their strategy as they have done in the past. This isn't the first time something has failed or was overpriced. You can go back to the early years of Disneyland to find times when Disney missed the mark. Difference now is you have so many social media outlets to air your displeasure that you did not have in the past.
Hate to blow your theory out of the water but we were just there on property for the week of Thanksgiving and stayed onsite most of it. I have only gotten one pin code in the past 20 years until the past several months. Now I am getting bombarded with them and haven't done anything that could trigger them other than not currently having another trip planned. Maybe that is what has triggered it, the system sees I went from 3 trips a year to a trip and then none planned....I don't know but it still isn't luring me in.