Again - I preface with: this is our first cruise EVER! And where I'm VERY excited - I have a slight amount of anxiety about the dreaded - SEA SICKNESS!

Everyone in my family gets motion sickness - some more so than others. Different triggers, too. Some in the car, some from video games, some from medications/post surgical. So - I've put in a request for scopolamine patches from our docs.

In addition - my hubby got dramamine (non drowsy) and meclazine from the pharmacy at the suggestion of our doc.

Some people have suggested sea-bands. Not sure if that works or not - but hey, I'll try anything that's designed to optimize this very expensive cruise! LOL

I will of course look this up - but who here has used the scopolomine patch behind the ear? I read that it can get "somewhat" wet - just not for extended times. But I'm curious about rules regarding wearing them in the pools because if that stuff gets in someones eyes it can dilate their eyes.

So - fill me in! What is your experience with these patches and any experience from folks who get motion sickness on cruises!? I'm a big girl - I can take it! LOL