So we dined as walk ups for lunch at the new Skipper's Jungle Navigation restaurant in the MK on New Year's Day and I was a little disappointed.

The themeing in the main dining area is a little boring, the two small rooms are cute but have limited seating (the butterfly booth is stunning though.) Service was a little slow considering we were the first table sat for the day. I had the shu mi dumplings as a starter and they were ok but tasted very strongly of something I couldn't put my finger on, it might have been mung bean (which was listed as an ingredient.) Upon encouragement of our server I had the Mac and Cheese which was the "featured" item. It was just not good. I'm sorry. It tasted like sloppy joe meat with pasta on top with a thick pasty white sauce. I'm a really adventurous eater and love trying new things but this was just a miss. I actually watched two kids at another table spit out the kid's size portion. It came with some very bitter (and undercooked) broccolini.

My friend Lisa got the head on shrimp which was a VERY small plate for $25. It had 5 medium to small size shrimp, a little scoop of rice and the same icky broccolini. She also did have a white chocolate bar type of dessert which was the nicest looking (and tasting) of everything we had.

I just don't see this place being a hit without a re-vamp ASAP.