In May we took our second Disney cruise (both on the Fantasy) and today I just got back from an RC cruise to Bermuda. After the second DCL cruise I decided that cruising is just not for me but this RC trip was a family deal that I kind of couldn't get out of.

Overall the DCL cruise is much better. I felt the service is better and more attentive. While I've been incredibly underwhelmed with DCL food, RC managed to lower the bar even more. The communal areas on deck 11 have a much more pronounced sense of debauchery on RC, though that's probably too strong a word. And, of course, you just miss the Disney-ness of DCL.

Consider this if you have kids, though - there are a couple places where RC was better. When their Dreamworks characters come out there are like, two kids in line, at most. None of this lining up 30 minutes ahead of time and rushing through meeting Princess So-and-So. You can actually stop and interact. The kids' play area is very lame in comparison to DCL, but my son (4) actually liked it better, I think because it is less overwhelming/intimidating than the DCL area, which has lots of bells and whistles. RC also has a parade and an ice skating show, both of which my son enjoyed.

And there are many, many, many more 20somethings on RC of course, which gave pool time its own special appeal.

So if I ever do go on another cruise, it will be Disney, but settling for RC can also have it's appeal.