Last year, we tent camped at Fort Wilderness and had no problems at all. This year has been a completely different experience. We are in site 2030, in the back of the biggest loop. Last night, we got back to our site at 11:30pm, and it was 1:00am before we finally fell asleep. There's a group of 5-6 sites across the road from us that obviously know each other. They were all running around, up and down the road, yelling, leaving car doors open to ding for 30 minutes straight, and playing loud music (from their cars) till at least after 1:00. Tonight, we got back to our site after dinner, at 9:30, and they're being just as loud. We turned the corner and found the door of our tent standing wide open. We'd been to DTD during the day and bought the kids new toys. Something told me to put them in our car before we left, so there wasn't anything to steal in our tent other than bedding and toiletries, but it still freaked us out. While we were standing there looking things over, some of the boys came riding through our site. Literally, they rode across the pad just in front of our tent. There are probably 20-30 kids in their group, and they've been all over the land around our pad, but this was ridiculous. They all have bikes and have no consideration for pedestrians at all (or sites, obviously). Last year, we left both of our vehicles at our site for 2 nights, because my mom is handicapped, and we had a note left reminding us that that's not allowed. Every site in this group has 2-3 cars and multiple tents on them, but we've noticed no reprimands. It's obvious that FW isn't enforcing any rules.
We called the front desk, and they promised more patrols in that area, but I am glad it's our last night. We are planning to spend 16 nights here next year, but I am wondering if that's still a good idea.