HI All! So, we looked at DVC last year when the GF was available. We didnt buy in at the time, bc we really wanted to hold out for the Poly. So, now it is available. I would love any opinions/input, based on how we vacation, if DVC would fit our style.

There are two of us-DH and I,-no kids.
We always go in Sept or October so we can attend the Halloween party. It works good for our work schedule, and Sept. is our anniversary.
Sometimes we go in October with our friends and their kids. It depends on the schedule. We are just now looking at dates to go for this fall. This year we are going in September.
We get the QS dining plan and pay for one or two sit down meals OOP.
We do not cook in the room, or need to do laundry, so no need for anything more than a regular room.
We usually do 5 days/nights (come in on Wed am, leave Monday am)
We really love the Poly and always stay there. We have tried many other deluxe resorts, and the Poly is our favorite.
We prefer to stay at a monorail resorts.

So..the question based on these things:

Would DVC be a good choice for us? My concerns are the 7/11 month booking window. We are not able to really pick out dates out that soon, so I know that there is a good chance that if we go past that 7 month mark, that the Poly would not be available. My understanding is that they put you at another DVC resort then. To be honest, thats not something that would make us happy. We have stayed at almost all the deluxe resorts over the years, and love the Poly for many reasons. We would be disappointed if that is not available.
We would also like to try club level at some point
We have never had a problem booking the Poly for she we want to go. That could change, though...
We normally go during the time where there is a 30 percent room discount.I know the discounts are getting fewer, and not as high as they used to be, but we never pay rack rate for a room. We always take the room discount over free dining, bc we do the quick service plan. The discount on the deluxe room is a better deal than the free dining for us.

So...any input on how we like to vacation,and if its a good fit would be greatly appreciated!! Once we decide of its a good fit, then we will look at the financials -which I know is a whole other consideration.