We'll be at WDW from Jan 3rd - 10th. My family (wife and kids) have APs. We're going with my sister and her family, who bought 8-day park hoppers. I've been up at midnight each night getting Fast Passes, and didn't have any problems....until yesterday morning. I forgot to get the FPs for our LAST DAY in the parks until about 9am, and I went to do it on my iPad (like I had done with the other days) and it gave me an error for every member of my immediate family. It said that we had exceeded the number of Fast Pass+ days that we could get.

This surprised me, so I called Disney. Sure enough, Annual Pass holders can only book a maximum of seven rolling days of Fast Passes in a 30 day window. Since I had booked seven days (Sat. the 3rd to Fri. the 9th), I couldn't book FPs for Sat. the 10th. But my sister could! Well, that's because they had MYW passes. With those, you can book up to ten days (the maximum length of the passes that they sell). But AP holders are restricted to 7.

Now, he also said, "Look, we're Disney. We're not going to let it ruin your vacation. Just go to Guest Services that morning, and we'll work it all out." And I believe him. But it surprised me.