I'm trying not to let this ruin our vacation, but I think Disney could have handled this much better.

In Jan we are heading to BLT for 6 nights and for the first time adding 3 nights at VB to the end of our trip. My kids love the beach and have been excited to play in the sand for months. Flights are booked, rental car reserved which I only needed because of the VB stay, and 2 days ago I get a letter from Disney.

They are doing work on the beach and it will be closed during our stay. Why would they wait until one month before to let people know? There are no studio villas available to switch our VB nights back to WDW, and calling member services I'm being told there is nothing they can do to compensate us for booking a beach resort WITH NO BEACH!!!!

At this point I'll have to **** it up and make the best of it, but This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Disney. And yes I know we can go to nearby beaches, but if I wanted the inconvenience of packing a 2 and 4 year old and driving to the beach and back I could have saved my DVC points and found a much cheaper room elsewhere.

I'm mostly venting, and my real complaint is their inability to give advanced warning and unwillingness to compensate for taking the beach out of a beach resort.