Anyone in the Philly area yesterday has heard about the horrible torture and murder of a 3 year old boy that was on the news yesterday.

I am really upset about the reports I have read. The boyfriend and girlfriend were charged with murder. The "man's" wife with child endangerment charges for failure to report the abuse. The wife was the person to call the police about the boy.

I worked with the wife and my daughter was friends with her at work. We knew she had problems but she came to work, did her job, and was a girl we liked.

About 4 months ago her husband told her he wanted a divorce, was having an affair, and she was very upset. Oh, and they ave a now 11 month old baby.

I can't even imagine the way she was feeling with no escape from the situation. Probably depression and possibly abuse. She was trying to find a place to live but I guess from the paper article was still in a trailer with her husband, his girlfriend and her 2 children.

My question is in the articles they state the man and woman were charged with murder, the girl we know from work with failure to report the crime. Her picture is plastered all over the news. I am surprised her picture is in the papers since she wasn't charged with the murder. As horrible as all this is, I don't think her picture should be included. It makes it look like she is one of the people that tortured and murdered this poor child when you look at the news.

Am I wrong to think this???

Oh, and the husband and girlfriend worked at the same place we worked at. They worked night shift (never met them) and our friend worked days. Maybe that was why she was still living in the same place since they were gone when she was home at night.

So sad for the little boy . And his 6 year old brother.