Sitting by the pool on a gorgeous morning so I thought I would give a quick review of Cabana Bay, so far. First all here's my view, looking toward the Starlight building where we're staying:

Cabana Bay Courtyard pool

All the CB personnel we've encountered have been exceptionally friendly and helpful. They all seem proud of the new resort. And they should be--the theming is bright, colorful and fun and maintained right down to the era-appropriate music. Aside from the front entrance to the resort, where there is still a lot of visible construction going on, you would never know that this resort is still not quite finished. Our room (a courtyard suite is small, suite-wise, but well supplied, with two chairs, two small tables, a full-sized pull-out sofa with a temperpedic mattress, a bedroom area with two full beds, tv's in both living and bedroom, separate shower and toilet rooms and two sinks. The small kitchenette has a surprisingly large half-fridge, microwave and counter with two pull-up stools.

So far we've dined in the food court, the Bayliner (somewhat pricy but tasty) and used the fitness center, which has lots of state of the art equipment and is filled with Jack Lalane memorabilia. The courtyard pool area is huge, but to my surprise only has one small hot tub. The tower pool area will have another hot tub and lazy river when it opens in June.

The shuttle service to City Walk runs frequently and is a very short trip (you can also walk, but is a longer hike than the other UO hotels).

There are a few negatives so far. Housekeeping did not impress us yesterday; they left the us emptied garbage cans sitting inside the door like they meant to empty them but forgot. And they did not replace the towels we used, so we had to call to get both situations rectified. And the bottom sheets on the beds are too small and do not fully tuck in, which is strange to me--it's like they bought these comfortable pillow top mattresses but then didn't measure them for the sheets?

All in all, we are really loving our stay here and I would certainly recommend it as a family and wallet-friendly resort to stay at, as long as you don't need the unlimited Express Option offered at the other UO resorts.