I just wanted to write this out so the next time I have to talk to Guest Services I have all the details written out and I don't forget anything. I wonder if any of you can commiserate?

JANUARY TRIP (marathon weekend) - BOARDWALK INN:
Took this trip with my sisters Jenn and Kelly. When I went to schedule my FP+ reservations, I was given only one or two choices per park... And not very good choices.
So my sister Kelly logged in and had hundreds of great choices and ride times! So we just had her make our FP+ reservations since I was getting nowhere with what was offered to me.

FEBRUARY TRIP - one day only, came as a local so no resort stay:
Had no trouble - showed up, made my choices first thing in the morning with a helpful CM, had a great day.

LATE FEBRUARY:
Chatted online with a CM about whether or not only resort guests could make FP+ ressies in advance. I wanted to know if that would change for my next trip or if it would always be resort guests only can book these in advance.
Was told by cast member Yalanda Aikens that "it didn't matter whether I stay at a resort or not". She said that instead, FP+ is "only available to some guests, not all, during this rollout period, regardless of whether or not the guest stays on site."
I said I didn't think that was correct. But she said again and again it had nothing to do with staying at a Disney resort, and Oh By The Way, you're not eligible to use FP+ at all, Carolyn.
???
I ended that chat because she had no idea what she was talking about.

MARCH TRIP - OFF SITE VACATION HOME:
This is where I am now.
My family of 4, as well as my sister Jenn and her family of 4 are having a heck of a time with the app. We make our FP+ selections each morning at the parks. (***note: if you aren't there to make your selections within an hour of park opening, you're basically stuck with Captain EO or Imagination)
Throughout the day, our FPs mysteriously disappear from our app. Sometimes it says only 4 or 5 of our group of 8 have FP's and the others have nothing. This is frustrating because if we want to change FP selections from our phones, we aren't able to change everyone in our group if they aren't all showing up!!! This means long lines at the FP kiosks to repair this.
Other times, our dining reservations disappear from the app. We are still accepted at the restaurant so we must still be in the system but the app doesn't show all our ADRs.

So today I went to a My Magic Plus customer service counter at Epcot and explained all the glitches we've been facing. I kid you not, this is what I was told by the cast member Janie:

"Because you are not staying at a Disney resort, you shouldn't be using the app. It is only for resort guests. You should just use a pen and paper to make note of your reservations. Also because a couple of people in your group have Annual Passes and the rest of the group have regular park tickets, that will also cause problems. And even though your Annual Pass is on a magic band you really shouldn't be using that, but rather just the Annual Pass card itself since the Magic band is probably messing things up as well."

IS THERE ANYTHING SANE ABOUT WHAT THIS CM IS SAYING?!?!

So, I called a woman named Larissa at central guest relations who I have spoken to a long time ago and seemed helpful. She was shocked (or at least seemed so) at all the misinformation I've been given. She is going to talk to Janie's supervisor, and is trying to get IT to look into our app issues. So far, our apps seem EVEN WORSE as now our group of 8 seems to be broken into 3 groups, some of whom have FPs and others don't. I'm hoping as the IT department looks into it, this all fixes itself but it's not looking promising.

I am so, so, so DONE. This is a vacation. Why am I spending it in customer service queues, on the phone with guest relations and dealing with an IT department???

If they expect people to turn in unused FPs when the app doesn't work and their cast members are telling people they shouldn't use the app at all, they are crazy.