Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
Considering how well the film is performing, I think they know their target audiences around the world (well, not always, there was that major John Carter fail, but I think people were fired over that one).
It's so hard to know what kind of impact the marketing has had on the film's performance. The word-of-mouth has been spectacular, and that generally goes a long way for moviegoers.

I'm a little surprised about how many people on these boards liked Olaf. I admit I laughed at him at times, but I still think he detracted from the movie overall.

In my opinion -- and only my opinion -- Olaf was designed for the sole purpose of pandering to younger audiences. I understand the need for comic relief in this kind of movie. This was difficult subject matter, particularly when Queen Elsa goes into exile. "Frozen" was rated PG for a reason.

But the best Disney movies have written funny, memorable and charming sidekicks that had cross-generational appeal. Sebastian, Lumiere and the duo of Timon and Pumbaa rank among the most beloved Disney characters of the past three decades. Like Olaf, they were created for comic relief. I just think the writers worked a little harder on them, instead of settling for cheap, easy laughs.