After having experienced it twice, I'm fed up with FP+ and decided to write to Disney about it. This conveys my thoughts and feelings on the experience to my fellow Intercotees as well. I hope all of you will take the time to write and give Disney feedback on the issue (including if you like it) at
[email protected] They need to hear what's going on and they don't often pay attention to the discussion boards. Here's my letter:

Dear Disney,

I wanted to respond with some feedback to our recent visit. My family have been annual pass holders for a number of years and generally visit Walt Disney World 3-5 times each year. We thought that number would go up now that we are Florida residents and we had been considering joining DVC.

I want to say that I really like the Magic Band concept. The bands are comfortable, well-designed, and are generally easy to use. Well done on that. I have enjoyed using it on our last couple of trips this fall.

However, I want to convey that I absolutely despise the Fastpass+ concept. I don't mind change if change is good. In fact, I've always appreciated how Disney tries to improve the guest's experience. This is one change that is not good and I seriously hope the system is revamped or scrapped immediately. Let me me say in no uncertain terms that we will not be joining DVC and we will not renew our Annual Passes in January. In fact, as much as it breaks my heart to say this, we will not visit the Disney parks again unless FP+ is seriously changed or scrapped. We love the Disney parks. They have been part of our family for years, but this one change has ruined it. And please allow me to explain why:

1.) Timing - I've tolerated, and even been okay, with making Advance Dining Reservations 180 days out, even if that feels a little excessive. But, trying to decide what ride I want to get on in which park even a week before I arrive is ridiculous. I live by schedules and calendars all the time and now a Disney vacation is getting where it's necessary to plan out every second of every day in advance. I get that I can choose to wait and get FP in the park the day of, but let's be realistic. If everyone else is gobbling up the popular rides in advance waiting until the day of is not an option unless I just want to take the leftovers.

2.) Number of selections - 3 is way too few selections. Under the old system we were very careful about our FP selections and were able to get 5-6, even 7, per day which really enabled us to maximize our park time and enjoy ourselves. I don't care how "next-gen" you make a queue, I don't want to spend 45 min or an hour standing in line. Only allowing 3 per day is ridiculous, especially when you're including almost every ride as a potential selection now. 5 would be a more reasonable number.

3.) Limitations - The current tests at Epcot and DHS are ridiculous. For instance, my favorite rides are Soarin and Test Track, but now you're telling me I can't get a Fastpass for both? I realize this is a test and I hope it's quickly realized this test is a failure. Guests shouldn't be told what rides they can and cannot get a Fastpass for. If the FP is available, guests should be able to choose what they want. And by limiting the FP selections to 1 park, rather than multiple parks per day, you're essentially killing the value of the park hopper option.

4.) New queues - Putting FP lines at attractions like Journey into Imagination and Pirates of the Caribbean is another huge mistake. Neither of those rides, along with several others, needs a Fastpass line. At least not during the non-peak times of the year. I would suggest making those seasonal FP options during peak times. At Pirates now everyone has to go through 1 standby line which has increased wait times considerably while the other side, the FP line, is basically empty.

5.) Why change? - Once Disney made the decision to start enforcing return times I thought the previous FP system was pretty much perfect. It worked great and flowed smooth. There was no need for a change. With this change Disney has failed to enhance the guest experience and has, in fact, very negatively altered it.

6.) Accessibility - While this is not an issue for me, it is for others - no smartphones. Not everyone has a smartphone so they can't fully experience the MDE app and are at a real disadvantage in the parks. Also, the way you have the FP+ system set up the guest essentially has to have a room and tickets pre-purchased in order to use it. The accessibility issue has created mass confusion and frustration. I moderate a Disney fan site and I can tell you the discussion boards are filled with angry guests who truly hate the FP+ system. You might want to dismiss discussion boards, but these aren't random people posting. These are long term guests and fans of the Disney parks who are feeling angry and alienated by this debacle called Fastpass+.

I could go on and give several other faults, but I think my point is made. The fact that I'm cancelling my Annual Pass, no longer considering DVC, and, for the first time since before my children were born have no Disney vacation planned beyond a working trip in January 2014 really saddens me. I hope Disney will listen to the guest feedback on this. If so, we'll eagerly resume our Disney vacations. But if not, our vacation dollars will be spent elsewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to listen.