Thank you for such an open and honest opinion of your recent trip. I feel you were very objective about everything you wrote! That being said - it makes me sad to see that this is the direction WDW has gone recently. Our past 2 trips were 2 of the most amazing and wonderful trips I have spent with my family - but that was with an early October and late April visit with the regular FP system in place. We knew how to use it and did so with gusto! We have been on the fence about returning with the upcoming changes. I wanted to see how it all played out before we spent our hard earned money on another trip. Our vacation dollars are not easy to come by so I want to make sure they are spent in the most enjoyable way possible. You highlighted exactly what I was thinking might happen as I have been reading the slow roll out of everything. I'm sure the CM's attitudes are largely based on some negativity they are continually hearing from guests on the new system happening.

That being said - we are choosing to spend our vacation $$ on Universal Studios next summer. We have never been and my family has been pushing to visit that theme park for a while. We have also been on the fence about trying to plan a day trip to Magic Kingdom while we are there but I believe that we will now skip it. Too many unknowns about getting a ticket the "day of" without the ability to get a FP+ for our favorites. AND - we are visiting in the summer when the heat & crowds will add to the level of stress....and we don't own a smartphone.

I have no doubt we will return to WDW at some point - too many wonderful memories for me but I don't want it to be ruined as they roll out this new system of reservations, magic bands and FP+. Again - thank you for your level of detail and honest opinions. I will keep the magic memories I have for now and visit other areas of Orlando in the meantime. I haven't given up on WDW - just choosing "for now" to visit other areas while they get a better handle on the flow of things. You did a wonderful job!