My son will be going to Disney next year with his band. What's the story about these.

I'd like to advise him on the latest to make his Spring Break trip most efficient. I HATE having to make dinner reservations but I'll try again...It was complex because they never knew where they were going to be. They had a hard time getting to the reservations...mostly ended up giving up and eating hamburgers or pizza the whole week. AND now...they have "magic bands"...sounds like they'll be stuck with just standing in 2 hour lines...the whole trip.

1. Are the "magic bands" only for "resort guests"??

If not...

2. Does this mean they'll have to set up what rides they want to ride 30 days or earlier than their trip. This is CRAZY? They won't have a clue which park they're going to go to till they get there?

3. Does this mean the "fastpass" system will change??

4. Can I load money to his account remotely??

This has me very nervous. I'd really like his last trip to be "fun"...But I'm afraid it's turning into a nightmare of over planning. I don't even know how to advise him anymore. I'm thinking about going...I'd love to see my son march in his last Disney parade before he graduates...but...I'm scared to go anymore...it's just not vacation if you have to plan every minute...Maybe I'm not understanding these bands right and I'm just panicking....