Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
I posted this before, here and elsewhere, I think I need to post it again:

Animal Kingdon is fastly becoming my favorite theme park in Walt Disney World... While I enjoy all the parks, there is something about Animal Kingdom that grips me... What exactly is it about Animal Kingdom that I love so much??? I am not sure... Maybe it is the theme... Maybe it is the story... Maybe it is the scenary... Maybe it is the attention to detail the Imagineers put in designing the park... Maybe, it is the fact that it is a different kind of theme park that I like so much...

When Animal Kingdom first opened, I admit, I hated it... I felt the park was too big, too spaced out... Too much walking had to be done, which tired you out too fast, especially in the hot Florida summer sun... There were not enough ride, not emough to do.. Animal Kingdom was, in the begnning, nothing but a half day park, and really, a waste of a day... In my opinion...

But now, I can spend the entire day in Animal Kingdom... I can spend half the morning just walking around taking in the scenary, exploring Discovery trails... I can spend a lot of time in the queues, checking out the artifacts, and piecing together the story the Imagineers are trying to tell with the attraction... When I walk through Africa, I feel like I am atually transported to a real African village, waiting to take a real life African safari... Exiting Africa and entering Asia, I am transported to the Asian continent; where I can explore the Asian forests and jungles, see the animals in person that call Asia their home, and where I can climb to the top of Mount Everest and encounter the mythical yeti... I can travel over a billion years back in time and visit the age of the dinosaurs, and become sidetracked by a hokey road side carnival that is grossly out place and extremely tack, yet very fun at the same time... And then finally, over to a desert oasis, where we find out how tough it is to be a bug, and where the Tree of Life inspires us to respect and appreciate all forms life, whether human or animal or otherwise...

Sure, Animal Kingdom is not a complete theme park, not by any Disney theme park standard... But, what the park lacks in rides it makes up for in theme, in detail.. There are plenty of hidden trails for you to explore... There is plenty to see and more to do than one might think... Would Beastly Kingdomme have solved this issue??? Don't know, and we never will, so there really is no sense dwelling on it.... Would a new land help out?? Well, it cannot hurt... The Australian Outback or even Mysterious Island complete with Tokyo DisneySea's Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction will do wonders for Animal Kingdom... But, again, no sense dwelling on something that is not here... Let's just appreciate what we do have, and enjoy Animal Kingdom for what it is... A theme park wonder and an Imagineering triumph...
Well said although I still like MK and Epcot better. I think a couple of dark rides may help.